NFL shortcuts game notes

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

TexasRam

Legend
I like Sunday ticket NFL shortcuts. A whole game in 40 minutes. click the 15 second rewind if you didn't quite see who made the impacting play. I'm no salesman, just enjoy the convenience of cutting through the crap to see the actual plays real quickly.

I took some time to look a little more closely at the Rams Eagles game and came away with these notes.

Excuse the misspells and shorthand. Just trying to jot down the facts and some general observations.

General observations:

Wentz definitely not as accurate as Goff in the pocket. Very Erratic with throws at times. It's not even close who is the more accurate pocket passer, at least in this game.

Wentz has same vision as Goff feeling the rush and getting out of the pocket, but definitely has quicker moves once he flushes the pocket and more accurate out of the pocket than Goff.

Eagles interior line stonewalled Rams pass rush most of the day, the few times we got there we didn't finish. Kelce is one hell of a pass protector.

Wentz throws a strong 10-15 yard sideline out.

Fletcher Cox owned our interior line. Sullivan and Brown had rough days. Blown by Greg Robinson style a few times on critical third downs. Pro Bowlers gonna Pro Bowl I guess.

John Johnson slip gave Eagles an easy TD pass. Need to fix that, looked like was unsure on assignment and leaning too far inside.

Ogletree burned by TE's:
1 PI setting eagles up at Goal line.
2 Too slow to cover Burton on 3rd and 11 for a TD.

Goff needs to learn to buy more time by slowing his PA rollout towards his right at the end of it and backing up a few step in the mode of Montana while looking downfield.

Ogletree missed Wentz on a free Blitz. Must force him back inside and take the outside shoulder. But great job by Wentz juking Olgletree and Samson.

Kelce stonewalled Westbrook consistently in pass protection. Wentz has all day to throw.

Eagles converting 4th downs against us, by throwing the ball. File it away Mcvay.

Burton is a hell of a TE. Beating CB's (Hill) and safety's (Johnson) in coverage easily, all game. Imagine if Goff had a TE like him. Strong and fast in routes and catches the ball in traffic. I wonder if they re-sign him. Bring his ass in here. He's one athletic baller.

Troy Hill had some solid coverage, at least 4 times in this game that I counted. Good sign considering we are going to need him down the stretch unfortunately.

Trumaine for all his bonehead stuff had alot of great pass breakups in this game. Just unlearn the Fisher.

Wentz took more than a few hits on his legs after flushing and running up the middle. He absolutely needs to change this style. I counted at least 4 runs that he took hits to his legs. Slide feet first bro.

That stupid leverage call on the FG took 2 minutes off the clock that we needed.

It was Brown who got owned by Brandon Graham on the last Goff pass that was huried forcing our last punt. Goff all game showed amazing escape ability. He was under Duress all game especially on huge 3rd downs.

Eagles drives extended:

1 Trumaine PI on 3rd and 1 for 30 yards.

2 Going for it on 4th down in the first half

3. Trumaine Taunting. Instead of 53 yard FG attempt they get back into red zone, free first down.

4 Going for it on 4th down from the 3 yard line and Jeffrey scooping a throw that Joyner just missed.

So yea two 4th down conversions and two Trumaine penalites. ARGGG!!!!! 28 point swing.

Rams drives stalled in the first half:

1 BS Holding Penalty on huge Gurley 30 yard run put us in 3rd and forever killing a drive.

2 Fletcher Cox blows up a 3rd and 4 knocking Jared down as he throws before Sammy gets in his route. Sullivan got owned.

3 Fletcher Cox blows up another 3rd and 3 short pass, just blowing by Sullivan and then knocks Jared as he throws. Illegal Helmet to chin not called.

4 Throw to Reynolds that went 1 yard short of line to gain

This was a game that could have been a Rams Blowout...but alas coulda, woulda, shoulda.

FaulkSF

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
FaulkSF
Was thinking about this game and wanted to give credit tip the Eagle WRs and TEs. They made some difficult catches we're not use to seeing players make.

Name
Seth Griffith
I too felt that this was a very winnable game. I know trumaine makes plays, but damn it seems like he also draws a lot of PI...and the taunting...cooommee onnn mannnnnnnnn.

I also remember that ridiculous holding call on the big Gurley run. I know that calls bounce both ways at times, but we sure do seem to get a lot of ticky tack calls.

I'm also confused as why we aren't utilizing Everret (sp) more in the aerial attack? This was definitely a winnable game that we let slip through our fingers. I'm not worried about a potential playoff rematch.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
I like Sunday ticket NFL shortcuts. A whole game in 40 minutes. click the 15 second rewind if you didn't quite see who made the impacting play. I'm no salesman, just enjoy the convenience of cutting through the crap to see the actual plays real quickly.

I took some time to look a little more closely at the Rams Eagles game and came away with these notes.

Excuse the misspells and shorthand. Just trying to jot down the facts and some general observations.

General observations:

Wentz definitely not as accurate as Goff in the pocket. Very Erratic with throws at times. It's not even close who is the more accurate pocket passer, at least in this game.

Wentz has same vision as Goff feeling the rush and getting out of the pocket, but definitely has quicker moves once he flushes the pocket and more accurate out of the pocket than Goff.

Eagles interior line stonewalled Rams pass rush most of the day, the few times we got there we didn't finish. Kelce is one hell of a pass protector.

Wentz throws a strong 10-15 yard sideline out.

Fletcher Cox owned our interior line. Sullivan and Brown had rough days. Blown by Greg Robinson style a few times on critical third downs. Pro Bowlers gonna Pro Bowl I guess.

John Johnson slip gave Eagles an easy TD pass. Need to fix that, looked like was unsure on assignment and leaning too far inside.

Ogletree burned by TE's:
1 PI setting eagles up at Goal line.
2 Too slow to cover Burton on 3rd and 11 for a TD.

Goff needs to learn to buy more time by slowing his PA rollout towards his right at the end of it and backing up a few step in the mode of Montana while looking downfield.

Ogletree missed Wentz on a free Blitz. Must force him back inside and take the outside shoulder. But great job by Wentz juking Olgletree and Samson.

Kelce stonewalled Westbrook consistently in pass protection. Wentz has all day to throw.

Eagles converting 4th downs against us, by throwing the ball. File it away Mcvay.

Burton is a hell of a TE. Beating CB's (Hill) and safety's (Johnson) in coverage easily, all game. Imagine if Goff had a TE like him. Strong and fast in routes and catches the ball in traffic. I wonder if they re-sign him. Bring his ass in here. He's one athletic baller.

Troy Hill had some solid coverage, at least 4 times in this game that I counted. Good sign considering we are going to need him down the stretch unfortunately.

Trumaine for all his bonehead stuff had alot of great pass breakups in this game. Just unlearn the Fisher.

Wentz took more than a few hits on his legs after flushing and running up the middle. He absolutely needs to change this style. I counted at least 4 runs that he took hits to his legs. Slide feet first bro.

That stupid leverage call on the FG took 2 minutes off the clock that we needed.

It was Brown who got owned by Brandon Graham on the last Goff pass that was huried forcing our last punt. Goff all game showed amazing escape ability. He was under Duress all game especially on huge 3rd downs.

Eagles drives extended:

1 Trumaine PI on 3rd and 1 for 30 yards.

2 Going for it on 4th down in the first half

3. Trumaine Taunting. Instead of 53 yard FG attempt they get back into red zone, free first down.

4 Going for it on 4th down from the 3 yard line and Jeffrey scooping a throw that Joyner just missed.

So yea two 4th down conversions and two Trumaine penalites. ARGGG!!!!! 28 point swing.

Rams drives stalled in the first half:

1 BS Holding Penalty on huge Gurley 30 yard run put us in 3rd and forever killing a drive.

2 Fletcher Cox blows up a 3rd and 4 knocking Jared down as he throws before Sammy gets in his route. Sullivan got owned.

3 Fletcher Cox blows up another 3rd and 3 short pass, just blowing by Sullivan and then knocks Jared as he throws. Illegal Helmet to chin not called.

4 Throw to Reynolds that went 1 yard short of line to gain

This was a game that could have been a Rams Blowout...but alas coulda, woulda, shoulda.
When your starting NT Westbrooks has zero sacks, zero tackles & zero assists then our best player Aaron Donald who has 7 sacks in the last 7 games came up with none with only 2 tackles then you know their interior OL did some serious work ( or Holding with the Refs looking elsewhere for no calls). I posted late last week that I had concerns with the interior OL being able to handle Westbrooks with ease. WE all know & so does the entire NFL that the Rams are weak @ the Nose.

The TE issues has always been here with Gregg Williams but had settled down but Ogletree has had problems with TE coverage at times. Wilson Time & that 6-7 270 pound TE Jimmy Graham will likely have a big game this Sunday if Ogletree plays similar to this past Sunday.

I heard that the Jags has a special game plan for Jimmy Graham & it appears that that plan worked to get them a win against the Seabirds?? Wonder if Wade takes a look @ whatever that plan was?

Last edited: