NFL puts wildcard game on Peacock network

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Sunday ticket cost about the same with DTV, maybe a little bit less. And now of course you dont need to have crappy direct tv. I dont understand the outrage over this

I never had DTV. I had the standalone ticket and it cost $300.00 flat.

Now to get that cheaper price, we're forced to sub for youtube tv proper. It's a fine service...i don't have anything against that, but it's also expensive. I think its near $80/month to watch the same basic cable, which is not much other than trash reality, re runs of Big Bang Theory, and the same 10 movies over and over.

And if you want the "cheapest" ticket option of $250, you have to sub to youtube before June 6. So you'll have to spend $80+/month from June - December at minimum. That's $810 and goes up to $910 after June 6.

And then and then...if you're a non-youtube tv subscriber, you're fucked.: $350 before June 6, $450 after. So you would be paying $87.50 - $112.00/month just for the ticket!!!. Again standalone on DTV was $75.00.

Last 2 years, I paid $75/month for the ticket+ $50 for sling. $125 for everything. That's a helluva deal vs the bullshit now.

So i think i'll be just re-upping sling + redzone, which will cost me $61ish/month or ~$250 for 4 months (give or take for taxes).

Yeah, I've got prime and I have peacock only because they had a $0.99/month deal over christmas for a year so figured why not. I haven't done cable or dish of any kind for years and I don't have any desire to pay youtube tv for SOME games. If it was every single game (preseason, regular, and playoffs) for that price I'd consider doing the non-sub purchase. But nah, rather pay one price for ALL games live, replay ability for all, redzone, and it's a huge fraction of the cost. Maybe one day I'll get forced down that route but not today.

Exactly.

Last edited:

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
If you have Xfintiy or Comcast you should get peacock for free. I think a lot of ppl at least have their internet.

Peacock is a underrated streamer. Has a lot of good old shows and new ones, plus their movie selection is pretty good.
Plus it has a lot of Premier League soccer on it and some good rugby as well.

Q729

Legend
I think most people arleady have Prime, and again a chunk of ppl should already get peacock for free. But Youtube really fucked everyone with their stupid pricing.

I loved having sunday ticket for the past couple years but this year I ain't gonna fork over $400.00. Fuck you.

I think i'll just re-start sling and get NFL redzone. Seems like the cheapest way to do it, assuming sling gets to keep RZ.
My cable took Peacock away back in January after giving it free for a couple years.

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
If folks arent realizing that streaming isnt going anywhere, they arent paying attention.
Its the way of the world, like it or not
Heck, I'm old enough to remember when boxing title fights were on live network tv....
We are certainly in an age where we pay for multiple subscriptions from viewing to shopping to convenience and it adds up.
Soon the networks as we traditionally knew them will likely have Reality, News, Game Shows, family-friendly shows like 30 min comedies, and fluff. The same companies that own the networks will be focussed more on their steaming outlets which we already see happening.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I never had DTV. I had the standalone ticket and it cost $300.00 flat.
Ahh, I see. So you were fortunate to be in an area where you couldnt get Direct tv, an exception from the rule.
For me and most, to have the Sunday ticket meant having god awful direct tv.
Now there is no requirement, can just pay an additional $100 instead of subscribing to youtube tv
I get redzone thru xfinity so $350 gets me the ticket this year and I'm stoked. $20 a week to watch the Rams without ridiculous delay

Rams8821

Pro Bowler
I hate that it's gotten so expensive but this is what we work for, I LOVE watching Rams games on Sunday and look forward to it, so if I have to sacrifice maybe not going out to eat a couple times a month ill do that.

If $350 is going to make or break you then I get it.

If you break it down, its $29.00 a month for a year, get a haircut every 7 weeks now instead of 6 and there's your savings....

I do wish they had the student option that was the best deal around....

RamDino

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Oh, it can be free if yur a Pirate!

WZY4vm0.gif
Aaaarrgghhh!

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Actually that is exactly how I be like! :D

SOB! Peacock is not available in Canada.

Put me in the camp getting a little tired of all the streaming services. I am just NOT a TV watcher… so subscribing to a service for a single item is just not something I will do. If I can cancel after a month, maybe.

fanotodd

Diehard
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Fanotodd
If folks arent realizing that streaming isnt going anywhere, they arent paying attention.
Its the way of the world, like it or not
Heck, I'm old enough to remember when boxing title fights were on live network tv....

Heck, I’m old enough to remember when they were NOT on live TV and you had to wait until they aired them on Wide World of Sports! Already knowing who won kinda takes away some of the fun.

fanotodd

Diehard
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Fanotodd
Livetvstream.net
About $60/every 6 months
I get red zone and every game no matter what day or network it’s on.

I haven’t watched regular TV in over 3 years, but if I wanted, I also get tons of regular programming and movie channels. That comes in handy if you want to watch March madness (CBS on the drama menu) or NBA (TBS or TNT on the drama menu). You can get NFL network and ESPN every day.

I have watched every game and then some for the last 3 seasons on my phone.

Q729

Legend
Actually that is exactly how I be like! :D

SOB! Peacock is not available in Canada.

Put me in the camp getting a little tired of all the streaming services. I am just NOT a TV watcher… so subscribing to a service for a single item is just not something I will do. If I can cancel after a month, maybe.
Isn't there some other streaming service or network over there that gets the rights to rebroadcast?

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
You guys crack me up. Some of you cry about paying $5 for a streaming service but are willing to fork out hundreds for Sunday Ticket. And those $5ish streaming services come with all kinds of extras.

My favorite service is Paramount. I just watched a great CL game between Inter and AC Milan the other day on it. Then today two excellent Europa League matches (the Sevilla crowd was rocking in that win over Juventis). That one service gives me all the Serie A games in Italy as well as both Champions and Europa league games. And they're hosted, which is to say you can rewatch them when you want. I probably get my money's worth out of both it and Peacock every month of the year given that the leagues run damn near year round in Europe.

Apple by comparison has MLS which only offers games for a short window, seems like the season is over almost instantly with only like 20 games. Someday when there's more games and a longer season maybe I'll spring for it but for now gonna pass.

ESPN is shit. I paid for that service for a few months and missed half the games I wanted to watch and parts of the others because they don't host their games. You gotta see them live. But I guess you can get their insider articles woooopieee. :laugh2:

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Isn't there some other streaming service or network over there that gets the rights to rebroadcast?
I haven’t really had a chance to look into it this week, but will poke around over the weekend to see what I can find.

MadGoat

Mathematically alive
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
You guys crack me up. Some of you cry about paying $5 for a streaming service but are willing to fork out hundreds for Sunday Ticket. And those $5ish streaming services come with all kinds of extras.

My favorite service is Paramount. I just watched a great CL game between Inter and AC Milan the other day on it. Then today two excellent Europa League matches (the Sevilla crowd was rocking in that win over Juventis). That one service gives me all the Serie A games in Italy as well as both Champions and Europa league games. And they're hosted, which is to say you can rewatch them when you want. I probably get my money's worth out of both it and Peacock every month of the year given that the leagues run damn near year round in Europe.

Apple by comparison has MLS which only offers games for a short window, seems like the season is over almost instantly with only like 20 games. Someday when there's more games and a longer season maybe I'll spring for it but for now gonna pass.

ESPN is shit. I paid for that service for a few months and missed half the games I wanted to watch and parts of the others because they don't host their games. You gotta see them live. But I guess you can get their insider articles woooopieee. :laugh2:
I'm on the fence with Sunday Ticket. The allure is an entire season of Rams games in HD, without the hassle of clunky feeds or casting a low bitrate video onto my 4K TV screen. The downside is obviously the price, which I'm going to have to make up my mind about soon.

I like the perspective of paying $5 for a single game, although it seems a bit unfair to ask that of two NFL fanbases when the rest of the playoff teams get their game(s) for free.

Oh ESPN+, I used the magazine hack forever to get it for about $2/year. I miss being able to click on every article on ESPN.com without fear of a paywall. Nothing pisses me off more than a story without the + sign that actually requires the subscription. I want to know the top 5 young players on the Rams roster, damn it!