NFL Power Rankings: B/R's Expert Consensus Rank for Every Team Entering Week 15

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

wize1980

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Wize
Link -
View: https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2922091-nfl-power-rankings-brs-expert-consensus-rank-for-every-team-entering-week-15

Honestly speaking, the logic behind the ranking for this is a joke. Rams beat Seattle, both win this week and Rams beat a stronger opponent. But for some reason Rams still lose ranking to Hawks.

9. Los Angeles Rams (9-4)
24 OF 32

1. 60897ed4e1d70b3f86f78616f36f12f6_crop_exact.jpg

Kyusung Gong/Associated Press
    High: 6
    Low:
    Last Week:
    Week 14 Result: Won vs. New England 24-3
    The Los Angeles Rams have used something of a committee attack in the backfield this season. Malcolm Brown opened the season as lead back. Darrell Henderson Jr. had his moments as well.
    But 14 weeks into the 2020 campaign, this is now Cam Akers' backfield.
    The rookie from Florida State gashed the New England Patriots on Thursday night, piling up a career-high 171 yards on 29 carries. However, Rams head coach Sean McVay told reporters afterward that Akers' big day didn't mean that Brown and Henderson had been cast aside.
    "I think what's important for us is capitalizing on all the different playmakers that we do have. Certainly Cam did a great job (Thursday) night, but that doesn't mean that you won't see opportunities for Darrell and Malcolm (Brown) moving forward, because both of those players have done a lot of really good things. ... We're really pleased with Cam, and not surprised."
    Given that Henderson carried the ball only twice and Brown had zero touches against the Patriots, the stat sheet would appear to tell a different story.

8. Seattle Seahawks (9-4)
25 OF 32

1. hi-res-8841afa895082a23958f87a68e86bdd5_crop_exact.jpg

Stephen Brashear/Associated Press
    High: 7
    Low:
    Last Week:
    Week 14 Result: Won vs. New York Jets 40-3
    After a disappointing effort in a Week 13 loss to the New York Giants, the Seattle Seahawks needed a dominant effort against an overmatched opponent to get back on track.
    Fortunately, the winless Jets were more than happy to oblige.
    Seattle's blowout win also featured some NFL history. With a sack of Sam Darnold, Seahawks safety Jamal Adams became the single-season sack king among defensive backs with 8.5.
    Prior to the game, Adams said he was hoping to get the record after coming up just short in 2019.
    "Yeah, obviously, that has been on my mind," Adams told reporters Friday. "Breaking the record, I said I was going to do it last year when I failed. I always told myself, whenever I put my mind to something I'm going to get it done. That's just how I'm wired."
    More important than Adams' record was the team's overall defensive effort. After spending most of the first half of the season at the bottom of the NFL, Seattle's defense has markedly improved in recent weeks.
    That can only help the Seahawks' chances of making a deep postseason run.

It's an offence driven league, and the Rams don't have that 'superstar' on offence like the other top teams. Having said that, the Browns at #6 is a tough one to swallow. I'm fine with the media disrespect...let other teams overlook us if they want. What matters is what happens on the field, not what the media says.

André

Always far too invested
Rams On Demand Sponsor
We should absolutely be ahead of Cleveland and Seattle. I can see (but don't necessarily agree) why the others could be ranked ahead of us.

Ultimately though, honestly, let them keep under-estimating us. We play better with a chip on our shoulder. I would argue that three of our four losses came when the team was too confident going into the games (SFx2 and Miami). If we keep winning I don't give a shit whether people rank us highly or not. Let's just go get the rings and have everyone confused as to how it happened without them noticing.

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Wait... so the Rams were ranked #8, beat the ever loving shit out the Patriots right after they put up 45-0 on the Chargers.

So in winning one of our best games against the pats, we drop a rank.
Its as if the beating we gave them made them look so inept that it did nothing for our ranking.
And I am guessing that because the Seahawks won a game again, that allowed them to hop over us??

Stupid.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Pretty funny that Seattle has only beaten 2 teams with a winning record, and Arizona is 1 of the 2. (Who they also lost to)