NFL planning four games in London next year

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
giphy.gif

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/11/30/report-nfl-planning-four-games-in-london-next-year/

Report: NFL planning four games in London next year
Posted by Michael David Smith on November 30, 2016

The NFL’s presence in London is set to expand again next year.

For the first time, the league will play four games in London in 2017, London-based radio presenter Will Gavin reports.

The NFL first played a regular-season game in London in 2007 and has had one regular-season game there every year through 2012. In 2013 the NFL expanded to two games in London, and for the last three years the league has played three games in London. Four games would be a first, and another sign that the league is serious about growing its footprint in the United Kingdom.

Other recent revelations about the NFL’s plans for London include the fact that early kickoffs are being scrapped, and games in London will begin at 1 p.m. Eastern. It’s also been revealed that the Jaguars’ annual “home” game in London will be against the Ravens next season.

One thing that is not clear yet is whether the NFL will play three games at Wembley Stadium and one at Twickenham Stadium, or two games at each. Once soccer team Tottenham Hotspur’s new stadium opens, likely in time for the 2018 season, the NFL plans to play two games a year at that stadium.

What is very clear is this: The NFL believes it’s in London to stay. American football across the pond isn’t going away.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I am happy for our overseas fans.

Glad to see the move to 1pm starts. That's a good move, IMO.

My biggest beef (with travel a close 2nd) is some team loses a home game and every game is too important to lose that.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
My biggest beef (with travel a close 2nd) is some team loses a home game and every game is too important to lose that.

An extra bye for teams that travel overseas for a game?

FRO

Legend
Only losing franchises give home games away. I just don't understand why you would.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
An extra bye for teams that travel overseas for a game?

Something like that, might be a suitable offset.

Me personally; I want every home game we can get. 1 game often separates post season from not... home field advantage or not... etc. 1 game is huge.

Mikey Ram

Hall of Fame
Name
Mike
I am happy for our overseas fans.

Glad to see the move to 1pm starts. That's a good move, IMO.

Agree, the loss of a true home game is large, IMO...The travel is nasty but something they will just have to deal with, this is not going away...

ScotsRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Niall
Outstanding news. Best weekend of the year.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
I liked having football at 6:30 am. I guess more people on the west coast will watch if it's at 10 am.

They should be away games. I'm with you @CGI_Ram, 1 home game out of 8 is important.

The bye week should also follow the London games, when possible.