NFL network Kevin Scherer On Kupp

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

HitStick

Van Jefferson’s #1 fan
Goff hasn't looked great? I thought he's looked damn good. Are the just referring to last year?

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
They don't need to talk about Kupp. I'm getting him with my last pick in fantasy right now.

wolfdogg

Hall of Fame
Name
wolfdogg
I'd say 5 balls a week is reasonable and that would be 80, so 100, probably not because woods, watkins and TA will have to be getting at least 4 to 6 each, plus gurley and the TEs. So unless goff is throwing at least 35 passes a game with a completion percentage of at least 65%, then 100 catches would make him the team leader. Bold/alcohol related prediction.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
"In all humility, I am THE Eastern Washington GOAT receiver of all time. 100 catches?

Bare minimum.
~Coop

Ram65

Legend
I'd say 5 balls a week is reasonable and that would be 80, so 100, probably not because woods, watkins and TA will have to be getting at least 4 to 6 each, plus gurley and the TEs. So unless goff is throwing at least 35 passes a game with a completion percentage of at least 65%, then 100 catches would make him the team leader. Bold/alcohol related prediction.

I could see 35 passes a game @ 65%! Kupp had 6 catches in 7 targets in a half. I know that was without defensive game planning with a bad secondary. The Pasties keep feeding Edleman who had 98 catches. Now, 100 is a bold prediction to get some attention but, he could get very close to it.

Zero

Pro Bowler
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
My sober prediction is 65 for 800-900 7td's
Once Watkins gets going and the other rookie pass catchers hit their
stride.Kupps touches will drop

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Ok these "experts" need to chill a bit. These lofty expectations if he comes up short all we'll hear about is how he was a disappointment inspite of him likely having a great year.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
My sober prediction is 65 for 800-900 7td's
Once Watkins gets going and the other rookie pass catchers hit their
stride.Kupps touches will drop

No way they're gonna double kupp when Sammy is on the field. He will get his catches. I can see him getting 6 catches a game.

Florida_Ram

Hall of Fame
troubles-mentaux-et-comportementaux.jpg
ce·re·bral

View: http://www.therams.com/videos/videos/Cooper-Kupp-Press-Conference-8-21/7663caa4-af02-487c-aa64-b3cfc3450dc6

Zero

Pro Bowler
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
No way they're gonna double kupp when Sammy is on the field. He will get his catches. I can see him getting 6 catches a game.

Didn't say they were going to double Kupp.The more Sammy and the rookies catch on, the
more the ball will be spread around.I will gladly take any ROD money bets that Kupp does not
catch 80 balls
And I love Kupp

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
Kirk Cousins attempted 606 passes last year. So 35 passes per game isn't out of the realm of possibility. I predict Watkins and Kupp get 1000 yards. While Tavon will be around 800, Woods 650 and Higbee/Everett will get a combined 700 yards. And then you sprinkle in yards to Gurley, Thomas, Cooper and Rogers.

A.J. Hicks

Hall of Fame
Name
zoomy
What is absolutely clear with Kupp right now is that he is that he works hard, he's confident, and he is very smart.

He has earned the confidence of both Mcvay, who I imagine would be difficult to win over. And Goff, which is obvious by the way Goff is targeting him.

I could see it taking a few weeks for Watkins to really be up to speed with chemistry - and I mean into the season. This could mean Kupp with continued high targets for a few weeks into the season. And seeing as he has Jared's, no not Jason's, confidence. He will continue to eat up those third down targets.

We shall see.

wolfdogg

Hall of Fame
Name
wolfdogg
Kirk Cousins attempted 606 passes last year. So 35 passes per game isn't out of the realm of possibility. I predict Watkins and Kupp get 1000 yards. While Tavon will be around 800, Woods 650 and Higbee/Everett will get a combined 700 yards. And then you sprinkle in yards to Gurley, Thomas, Cooper and Rogers.

I didn't realize cousins passed that much but the numbers you predict total about 4200 before factoring in gurley, thomas, cooper, and others, so we'd be talking at least 4500 yards, probably closer to 5000. Would love to see it but that is some spiked kool-aid.

Last edited:

Ram65

Legend
ce·re·bral
Without a doubt. Just the way he answers questions you can tell he is a deep thinker. He focuses on what has to do on the field but, with a team overview. Very refreshing. He made the great catch just off the ground look routine. Very focused.

Last edited:

Flint

Pro Bowler
Hopefully they don't throw it that much, I've read that this offense is much better when the running game is emphasized and it would benefit Goff as well if Gurley was the focus.

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
I mentioned before how unusual it was and that I'd never seen Pro Bowl wide receivers and defensive backs volunteer how great they thought Cooper Kupp was going to be.

Now I see what they're talking about.

Old Rock

Rookie
Name
Rock
"Cooper Kupp's a dawg bro." Those are the words straight out of the mouth of McVay. What more can we add? :bow:

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Without a doubt. Just the way he answers questions you can tell he is a deep thinker. He focuses on what has to do on the field but, with a team overview. Very refreshing. He made the great catch just off the ground look routine. Very focused.

He missed an easy catch against Dallas , must have over thought that on ? Then it led over to the next practice.He proved his ability .
He has been learning & teaching with Sammy.He needs & desrves the time off. Watkins & Reynolds , along with Tavon need reps. Playing on a baseball field is no fun. Copper Kupp will keep engaged on the sideline .
There is a lot of balls to go around.