NFL International Home Marketing Area Teams and Markets

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ScotsRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Niall
The vikings in the UK? No chance. The fucking patriots are more popular here. Also packers and cowboys. Agree with dolphins, loads of UK dolphins fans in my experience.

But the fucking vikings?

ScotsRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Niall
Looking at this even closer, no Bills in Canada? WTF? This list is BS.

OntarioRam

Hall of Fame
Looking at this even closer, no Bills in Canada? WTF? This list is BS.

Agreed. There are lots of Bills fans in Ontario, particularly in southern Ontario. I wouldn't say that the other teams listed as representing Canada are necessarily inaccurate, but rather just that the Bills should be there alongside them. The Vikings are indeed the most popular in the prairie provinces, as Minnesota is a short drive south. The Seahawks are the most popular on the west coast, for similar reasons.

I still think if you put an NFL team in Toronto, it would sell out non-stop. There are tons of NFL fans in Ontario that support teams other than the Bills, and I suspect many (perhaps even most?) would jump ship for a local them. If a Toronto team played in the AFC, in the 1 pm timeslot, I can honestly say I would follow them just as closely as the Rams. Big Corporate would buy up tons of seats, too. Toronto just is too big of a city to support "tier 2 sports". People often argue that the Argos in the CFL get only middling support, and so the NFL would flop. No chance. Toronto has never supported minor league hockey franchises, either. And this market is hockey-nuts. It's just not a small-sports town. I doubt New York (or perhaps a bit more of an accurate comparative, Chicago) is either. The Leafs (NHL), Raptors, and Blue Jays all get tons of support.

rafa

Starter
Name
Rafael
Miami Dolphins?? Are you serious NFL? jesus...
I can understand the reasons, Miami has a Brazilian player in the squad, Durval Queiroz Neto, I've even played against him here in my city several years ago. And I believe miami is the city most visited by Brazilians, due to the "short" trip...
but the country is so big and so many people watch the NFL that I expected more teams (including our Rams).

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

at least the nfl got it right with the rams. please come and play a game in sydney.

having said that i don't see many rams fans out and about. probably because no stores sell rams gear.

get it going rams.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
I hate having the Rams associated with China because their government is a bunch of slave-pushing, human rights denying, liberty hating, surveillance state loving, free speech suppressing, organ harvesting fucking tyrants. May Xi and his other tyrants all die horrible, agonizing rotten fucking deaths.

Oh, and does this mean if a Rams player speaks out against what the Chinese government does to its people they are going to be told to shut up?

Not ok with this at all.

XXXIVwin

Hall of Fame
I hate having the Rams associated with China because their government is a bunch of slave-pushing, human rights denying, liberty hating, surveillance state loving, free speech suppressing, organ harvesting fucking tyrants. May Xi and his other tyrants all die horrible, agonizing rotten fucking deaths.

Oh, and does this mean if a Rams player speaks out against what the Chinese government does to its people they are going to be told to shut up?

Not ok with this at all.
Yeah but other than that China's ok :laugh3:

Purely from a business perspective, doesn't surprise me that Kroenke wants to get a marketing head start in a country with 1.5 billion potential customers.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
Yeah but other than that China's ok :laugh3:

Purely from a business perspective, doesn't surprise me that Kroenke wants to get a marketing head start in a country with 1.5 billion potential customers.

I get the marketing part. But man, their government is awful and I don't want this to devolve to a situation like what happened with the guy from the Houston Rockets who got in hot water for speaking out about Chinese govt. repression in Hong Kong.

But yeah, Taiwan IS awesome ;)

bluecoconuts

Legend

Not ok with this at all.

Meh, half the world is basically doing the same shite, including the good ol' USofA.

If it means I'll be able to watch Rams games in China when I likely move there, then I'm happy.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
Meh, half the world is basically doing the same shite, including the good ol' USofA.

If it means I'll be able to watch Rams games in China when I likely move there, then I'm happy.

I don't think we have camps where we force religious minorities into like they do with the Uyghurs. We outlawed slavery with the 13th Amendment to the constitution after fighting a pretty bloody Civil War. And we are allowed to talk freely about the dark moments in our past - try talking about the Tiananmen Square when you are over there and see how far you get with that.

Our govt. is far from perfect and I'll be the first to call them out over something given my mistrust of governments in general. But for all of our government's many flaws, it's nothing at all like China's. There is no moral equivalency there.

I'll stop now before this gets political.

Last edited:

bluecoconuts

Legend
I don't think we have camps where we force religious minorities into like they do with the Uyghurs. We outlawed slavery with the 13th Amendment to the constitution after fighting a pretty bloody Civil War. And we are allowed to talk freely about the dark moments in our past - try talking about the Tiananmen Square when you are over there and see how far you get with that.

Our govt. is far from perfect and I'll be the first to call them out over something giving my general mistrust of governments in general. But for all of our government's many flaws, it's nothing at all like China's. There is no moral equivalency there.

Nazi Germany adopted many of their policies based on US laws, and used American companies like IBM to track where Jews were living to better send them to camps, and the United States created camps to house Japanese Americans. The 13th amendment doesn't outlaw slavery, it puts it into the constitution by saying it's okay when used as punishment (prison labour) and then created a system which quickly became overpopulated with the very demographic that were being used as slaves previously. Plus there were still slaves well into the 1960's who didn't know they were freed, and while the States does have better censorship laws, they do a pretty good job not teaching/talking the darker side of history so most people don't know about it.

I'm not going to pretend that China is some beacon of liberty or freedom, I joke about the fact that an iPhone from China wont have the Taiwanese flag on it, but to pretend that the United States is that much better is just not being honest. You don't become and maintain your position as the largest power in the world without getting your hands very dirty, which is why there's a long history of interference, colonisation, support for terrorist groups and funding going to dictatorships/more violent regimes than China, and even war crimes that are attached to the US which are often swept under the rug. It's similar to actions taken by the UK when they were in that position until they basically did a major rebranding after WWII. Japan undertook a major rebranding as well, so did many other western nations, especially the former colonial powers (France, Spain, Belgium, Germany, etc).

Honestly, this is isn't even really politics, it's just world history.

China is over reported on by much the West in order to otherise the nation and deflect attention. Again, they have a lot of dirt on their hands as well, they're really not all that different from most other countries, it's just a bunch of people with red hands pointing at each other. Increased interaction between the West and China is probably better for everyone anyway, if we can learn more about each other and our different cultures, we're likely to find there's a lot more shared values than not, you just have to parse through the bullshit.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim

Our govt. is far from perfect and I'll be the first to call them out over something giving my general mistrust of governments in general. But for all of our government's many flaws, it's nothing at all like China's. There is no moral equivalency there.

Agreed!! No American businesses should have anything to do with China.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
Nazi Germany adopted many of their policies based on US laws, and used American companies like IBM to track where Jews were living to better send them to camps, and the United States created camps to house Japanese Americans. The 13th amendment doesn't outlaw slavery, it puts it into the constitution by saying it's okay when used as punishment (prison labour) and then created a system which quickly became overpopulated with the very demographic that were being used as slaves previously. Plus there were still slaves well into the 1960's who didn't know they were freed, and while the States does have better censorship laws, they do a pretty good job not teaching/talking the darker side of history so most people don't know about it.

I'm not going to pretend that China is some beacon of liberty or freedom, I joke about the fact that an iPhone from China wont have the Taiwanese flag on it, but to pretend that the United States is that much better is just not being honest. You don't become and maintain your position as the largest power in the world without getting your hands very dirty, which is why there's a long history of interference, colonisation, support for terrorist groups and funding going to dictatorships/more violent regimes than China, and even war crimes that are attached to the US which are often swept under the rug. It's similar to actions taken by the UK when they were in that position until they basically did a major rebranding after WWII. Japan undertook a major rebranding as well, so did many other western nations, especially the former colonial powers (France, Spain, Belgium, Germany, etc).

Honestly, this is isn't even really politics, it's just world history.

China is over reported on by much the West in order to otherise the nation and deflect attention. Again, they have a lot of dirt on their hands as well, they're really not all that different from most other countries, it's just a bunch of people with red hands pointing at each other. Increased interaction between the West and China is probably better for everyone anyway, if we can learn more about each other and our different cultures, we're likely to find there's a lot more shared values than not, you just have to parse through the bullshit.

Enjoy your time in China.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Well at least British children have been taught how to play Jagtag. There's a silver lining for you. :laugh4:

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member

:sick2:

Status
Not open for further replies.