NFL Draft Chat Transcript - Dave Te Thomas

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max
This is interesting.

Comment From Mony Mgr
I'm thinking the Rams will draft Watkins with the 2nd pick and will attempt to trade their 13th first round pick to the Vikes (for #8)with the thought of picking either OT Mathews or Robinson.....Does this make any sense and if so what would the Rams have to give up ???

7:03
defaultavitar.gif
Dave Thomas:
No sense at all-they are primed to go Robinson, unless the Texans go Mack & then we get the Freak to St Lou

7:05
defaultavitar.gif
Dave Thomas:
They are not as high on Watkins as papers make yiou think in st lou

V3

Hall of Fame
This is interesting.

I don't like the idea of losing valuable picks in a deep draft with so many holes still to fill and being fourth in our own division. If we have to give up any picks in the top 4 rounds, I don't want to do it.

lockdnram21

Legend
I don't like the idea of losing valuable picks in a deep draft with so many holes still to fill and being fourth in our own division. If we have to give up any picks in the top 4 rounds, I don't want to do it.

so many holes? the only wholes i see is Fs,nickel cb,Ot,Og

V3

Hall of Fame
so many holes? the only wholes i see is Fs,nickel cb,Ot,Og

FS, CB(not necessarily just nickle- not sold on JJ), OT, OG, SLB, WR. Now add the fact that the draft rarely, if ever, falls the way your needs go so the likelihood of the Rams filling their top needs with their top picks is slim to none unless they deviate from their board. We NEED every pick we have in the top 4 rounds if they expect to make a playoff push this year(that also means they don't mess up on those picks, either). Also add in the fact that the Rams want to add a QB to develop. If they take one after round 4, he's almost guaranteed to be a backup at best. So that means if they are serious about developing a QB that could play in a year or two if Bradford doesn't pan out, they are going to have to spend a pick in the top three or four rounds on one(I'd even argue one in round 4 would be a waste). That means one less draft pick.

So, yeah, I would absolutely HATE losing picks in the top four rounds of this draft.

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max
Ridiculous to think the Rams would give up picks and DThomas said as much.

He thinks the Rams will take Robinson or Clowney at #2. Unless they get a trade down with Atlanta probably for Mack.

He loves Dennard, thinks he's the best CB in a very long time. Loves Donald too.

Dagonet

Grillin and Chillin
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Jeff
Memphis.... Just saying I appreciate these reports.

PhxRam

What does a guy who used to own burger joints know about football?