NFL Draft 2020: Full List of Compensatory Picks Released

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Rams slated for the 4 rounders.

5FAF3726-AD94-46AF-B243-E87BA21C4855.jpeg

Psycho_X

Legend
Man, when you have a competent GM and a competent coaching staff that can get the most out of young players that compensatory pick rules is so damn beneficial to maintaining a good young core of players. And lets Snead do what he does best which is wheel and deal. Been a really fun couple of years not only on the field but off as well. Les Snead makes the offseason its own game.

ScotsRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Niall
Is it to do with contract value or playing time at the new club?

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Is it to do with contract value or playing time at the new club?
This is what the site says basically.

As the NFL explains, compensatory picks are awarded to teams that lose more or better compensatory free agents than they acquire. The number of picks a team can receive equals the net loss of compensatory free agents, up to a maximum of four. Compensatory free agents are determined by a secret formula based on salary, playing time and postseason honors. Not every free agent lost or signed is covered by the formula.
Although the formula has never been revealed, by studying the compensatory picks that have been awarded since they began in 1994, I’ve determined that the primary factor in the value of the picks awarded is the average annual value of the contract the player signed with his new team, with an adjustment for playing time and a smaller adjustment for postseason honors.

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Still ticked we got screwed by Suh

Yeah, I didn't like him waiting to sign until the Rams didn't get a pick. I have a hard time believing he wasn't offered that much earlier in free agency. Giving him the benefit of the doubt, perhaps he overplayed his hand earlier in free agency and then late teams told him they'd pay more if there weren't a comp pick involved.

Kevin

Pro Bowler
Still ticked we got screwed by Suh

I haven't read anything that suggests Suh signed with the Bucs after the league deadline to receive compensatory picks to intentionally screw the Rams out of a comp pick. Why would he do that? What does he have to gain from doing that? Maybe the Bucs waited to sign him to keep the Rams from getting a pick?

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Snead will have some HD decisions to make on 2021 compensatory picks. Below is a list of most not all Rams UFA's in 7 months.

Dante Fowler, Jr.
Michael Brockers
Marcus Peters
Aqib Talib
Austin Blythe
Tyler Higbee
Blake Bortles
Greg Zuerlein
Cory Littleton

There are some very big possibilities that three (Fowler/ Peters/ Brockers) on the above list will get offered a sizable average annual contracts much larger than Saffolds & Joyners.

I expect Peters, Brockers, Blythe, Higbee, Bortles & littleton to play elsewhere in 2020. I expect Fowler & Zuerlein to be resigned. No ideal on what Talib will do retire or demand big $$$.

Last edited:

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I haven't read anything that suggests Suh signed with the Bucs after the league deadline to receive compensatory picks to intentionally screw the Rams out of a comp pick. Why would he do that? What does he have to gain from doing that? Maybe the Bucs waited to sign him to keep the Rams from getting a pick?
I think it was assumed that by him waiting, teams might be more aggressive to sign him after the deadline since it wouldn't cost a pick only money.
Not sure it was intended to screw the Rams but he had to know that it did impact them.
Still, the Rams did pick up some cheapie comp pick "points" by signing CJ Anderson so I guess all things equal out

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
I was hoping for a 3rd rounder. But 4th isn't terrible and Snead has done well with day 3 picks. Find some guys you can develop for a year or two to step in when you lose players.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Doesn't the "loss" of Suh get us something too?

Edit: Never mind, seeing a few posts above I get why we are not getting a comp pick for him.
No. As stated above, Suh didn’t sign until after the deadline for comp pick impact.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
Snead will have some HD decisions to make on 2021 compensatory picks. Below is a list of most not all Rams UFA's in 7 months.

Dante Fowler, Jr.
Michael Brockers
Marcus Peters
Aqib Talib
Austin Blythe
Tyler Higbee
Blake Bortles
Greg Zuerlein
Cory Littleton

There are some very big possibilities that three (Fowler/ Peters/ Brockers) on the above list will get offered a sizable average annual contracts much larger than Saffolds & Joyners.

I expect Peters, Brockers, Blythe, Higbee, Bortles & littleton to play elsewhere in 2020. I expect Fowler & Zuerlein to be resigned. No ideal on what Talib will do retire or demand big $$$.

Gone:

Blythe - He can be upgraded

Littleton - Can't overpay for ILB, talent behind him

Brockers - Time to move on, unless he takes a team friendly deal. Rams need to draft a couple DL's next year high.

Talib - Same... Unless he takes a cheap deal, bye.

Higbee - Important glue guy, but a luxury and can be upgraded

Bortles - Wants to be a starter

Stays:

Fowler - Expect a big year, and they need his pass rush. Now maybe Obo steps up big and they decide to go with him if $$ demands are too big.

Peters - Assuming he has a great year, they decide to keep him. If Talib also has a good yr, and takes a discount, then this could change.

Zeurlein - No brainier to keep him

Bottom line:

Rams won't sign many UFA's due to cap space. So losses from guys like Littleton, Blythe, Brockers, and Bortles should net them a couple 5ths, maybe a 4th and maybe if Bortles can get to play some garbage time and plays well, could get a 3rd based on QB salaries.

PressureD41

Les Snead's Draft Advisor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Eddy
Now Tag and trade Fowler for a 2 & 4th. This would give us enough assets to let Snead move up & down on draft day