NFL do-overs from the 2004 draft

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
We didn't pass on him. He went 8th or 9th overall to the Lions

Alright that makes sense. I didn't start paying attention to the draft until about 2009. Makes a lot more sense. Did we trade back? If we did then I definately wouldn't do it over.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
Y 'bit unless it was Cleveland or Indy, he wouldn't even be a first rounder today.
GAWD how did so many teams misjudge Trent Richardson? I'll bet Zac ends his career with more yards than TR.

Ram_of_Old

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
If we had some of the players for the GSOT, he would have won multiple SBs. For me, he reminded me of Eric Dickerson, expect Jackson was more of a power runner.

LumberTubs

As idle as a painted ship upon a painted ocean
Name
Phil
SJ39 was the consumate professional in a league chock full of knuckle heads. For so long he was the only bright spot on the team yet I don't recall him ever complaining. He only ever looked like a leader during all those bad years. He's the one player not wearing horns that I'd like to see win a Super Bowl. Unfortunately for him I just don't see it happening

Thordaddy

Name
Rich
SJ39 was the consumate professional in a league chock full of knuckle heads. For so long he was the only bright spot on the team yet I don't recall him ever complaining. He only ever looked like a leader during all those bad years. He's the one player not wearing horns that I'd like to see win a Super Bowl. Unfortunately for him I just don't see it happening
When he wasn't listening to his sister he was.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook

He was the highlight of the dark ages...

I have his jersey hanging in my house.

Zombie Slayer

You are entitled to nothing.
Name
Dave
To me it says a lot when you're the second leading rusher in the NFL that season when your team is 1-15 and everyone knows you're the only offensive weapon on the team.

fearsomefour

Legend
If we had some of the players for the GSOT, he would have won multiple SBs. For me, he reminded me of Eric Dickerson, expect Jackson was more of a power runner.
Maybe in attitude, they both want to carry the team. ED was much faster and was a strider where Jackson would take those little steps in the open field. Jackson had more power for sure.

Flipper_336

Starter
Name
Carl
For me, he reminded me of Eric Dickerson, expect Jackson was more of a power runner.
Ram Of Old? Exactly how old are you?

:ROFLMAO:

Jackson was nothing like Dickerson in running style. One was power, the other finesse. Not to say that either was one-dimensional, but the contrast is obvious.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Sorry, but I don't put SJ and ED in the same sentence. ED was amazing. SJ was just a damn good RB.

Ram_of_Old

I agree with the main differences. I loved watching Dickerson run. He was a palomino when he broke into the open field. His strides were incredible. Jackson was more of a power runner who you didn't want to step in front of. I feel for Jackson in a way. If we had better people around him, he could have had multiple playoff appearances. There have been lots of Rams standouts over the years, who I feel the same way about.

Thordaddy

Name
Rich

Ram_of_Old

Family can screw you up. Remember Vince Ferragamo? I hear his wife talked him into going to the CFL the year after he took the Rams to the SB following the 1979 season. He set records for interception north of the border. I figured t out though. It was always the 12th guy on the other team show picked him off.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Surprised how many "same" picks there were. Solid draft.