NFL.Com says Rams could be a Cinderella Story.... But not likely.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Roman Snow

H.I.M.
Name
John
Here are my thoughts, fwiw...

Goff and Higbee were the last missing pieces on our O.

Yeah, we still lack a #1 WR, but Britt, Austin, Cooper, and Thomas can make enough plays while catching well placed and well timed passes from Goff.

The OL will continue to gel and improve.

Gurley will be a beast this year, probably in the 1500+ yard ballpark.

Here's the thing. The media and pundits are ALWAYS behind the curve in identifying teams that have turned the corner.

For example, remember when the following franchises were league doormats? I mean outright PATSIES.

Patriots
Packers
Niners
Cards
Rams (early 90's)
Cowboys
Falcons
Buccaneers
Redskins
Eagles
Jets
Panthers
Raiders
Chiefs
Chargers
Seahawks
Bengals
Saints
Bears
Vikings

See what I mean? Every team has had it's ups and downs, then ups again.

But after years and years of observing pathetic play by a given franchise, many pundits tend to dismiss them even while the rebuilding is going on right under the pundit's very noses.

I submit that the Rams are such a team that might have just found their last 2 missing pieces in Goff and Higbee for the O.

Not predicting GSOT, of course, but I AM predicting that the Rams are gonna sneak up on a few teams early and surprise more than a few pundits. Probably including LaCanfora. Lol.
^ this

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Keenum wasn't horrific, and he played with a pulse....But Goff is a Mercedes compared to the Keenum Hodna Accord....Goff will be learning, but will go through more than 2-3 reads quickly and deliver a strike. He didn't stare down recievers in college. Having this sort of assett on the team, should unleash Gurley like we have never seeb before. 5 wins? It's not objective analysis to call the Rams a 5 win team, its more like group analisys at the bar with other reporters, that know nothing..and then rely on each other for what constitutes as "informed" opinion. It's fukking ignorant.

lockdnram21

Legend
IIRC 2 of those lost starters were guys you claimed were vastly overrated so.....
Yes they are but I been thinking about JL as a leader and getting everybody in place. The main 2 people I see hard to replace Jenkins and McLeod. Especially Jenkins. Not sold on Tru and not sold on Gaines. Also who is FS

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
So I just don't understand when a writer predicts us to go 5-11 or 4-12. From a logical standpoint, it just doesn't add up. We haven't lost more then 6 with below average QB play with zero talent on offense.

I just don't get it either. Our record gets worse? No way.

How do you credibly speak of our "devastating loss of 4 starters" without noting the 4 starters that matter more that we lost.....wait for it....last year, to injury! The Rams played the bulk of the year without Gaines, Ogletree, Quinn, and part of the year, McDonald.

Injuries happen. But, I'm with you. As others have said, losing Long and JL at this point in their careers isn't the big negative it would seem on paper.

Slightly puzzling article. The result prediction is (to me) too pessimistic at 5-11, yet the actual article comes across as relatively reasonable compared to much of the national media.

I was thinking the same. Not a bad article in spots, but the author is obviously not a math student :sneaky: