NFL coaches may be reprimanded for not wearing mask

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

André

Always far too invested
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I definitely noticed that as well (with McVay).

Young Ram

Hall of Fame
This is stupid. If all players and coaches are tested before games and they all test negative why do coaches have to wear face masks? By this logic, all players should wear face masks. In fact they should have higher priority since they are the ones in closer contact with each other.

dang

Legend
Sorry but if ONE coach has to wear a mask ALL coaches need to wear a mask. Andy Reid needed a defogger badly for his shield but as far as I know kept it on. Props to Andy.

Young Ram

Hall of Fame
Hence why it's the stupidest thing to finger point the coaches when 80+ players are mingling with coaches on the sidelines without face masks.

Last edited:

Da-Rock

Pro Bowler
Man people are dense when it comes to things like this................If they are all hugging and touching in a non social distancing environment that mask goes from 27% effective to ZERO!

So dumb. Its all political correctness with a mask, not preventative at all.

rams1fan

Pro Bowler
Hence why it's the stupidest thing to finger point the coaches when 80+ players are mingling with coaches on the sidelines without face masks.
They are not. The NFL reminded teams that it applies to everyone on the sideline including players

nighttrain

Legend
I can sympathize with both sides, not really necessary but just one of those things
train

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
100.webp

Knew this thread would head in the wrong direction this morning but i let it go. I and the other moderators do not want to see Covid debates here and that is exactly where threads like this that start with "football + Covid" will go. Every time.

Moving to OFF TOPIC.

Robert

Rookie
I think head coaches, offensive coordinators and defensive coordinators should fall under the same rules as the players. During games they should not be required. Every other assistant coach, trainer etc should have too. McVay is more important then half of the active roster on game day. The stuff coming out of his mouth needs to be heard loud and clear and if he needs o take off his mask to do it then so be it

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
This is stupid. If all players and coaches are tested before games and they all test negative why do coaches have to wear face masks? By this logic, all players should wear face masks. In fact they should have higher priority since they are the ones in closer contact with each other.
Precedent. Coaches don't have to play so they don't have to take extra risks. It only takes one false negative to ruin the league's success. Rather it come from a player than a coach who could've easily avoided.

Status
Not open for further replies.