NFL Chat with Jim Thomas: 8/11/16

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
he's not oblivious to the tweets and posts about July 9 and August 8 being Jeff Fisher Day.
Now, this made me chuckle...LOL!!!

I feel like you bring up the "lie" about a Bradford trade often and seem bitter about it.....just wondering, how should they have handled that? What benefit would it be to tell you what they were going to do? Or, would you have rather just received a "no comment" from the team?

I bring it up only when asked about my relationship with Fisher. It's ancient history. Live and learn, and move on. A beat writer and a head coach spend a lot of time together. You build up a trust, and that trust is very important. All he had to say _ as he had in several other instances, and as his predecessors had done on dozens of occasions _ is yeah we're working on something but you can't print that. That's all. But my friend, life is too short to be bitter.
Sounds bitter to me...

i was hoping there was more to it than that. seems quite petty
Much better word...Petty ass...mfer....I can never be mad at a guy doing what they think is in their best interests....so what...

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
That's it for me. Last time I read a JT Chat. Nothing of substance relating to Rams. Go full time 48'ers JT.

FrankenRam

Starter
Story goes JT asked Fisher if they were going to trade Bradford in a presser. Fisher said no. Next news report to come out about the Rams is Bradford has been traded to Philly. JT is too narrow minded to understand that no coach/gm is going to tell a media guy on the record that a trade is in the works when it's that close to being finished. JT is still salty over it.

Did you even bother to read JT's responses to the question about the trade. Or did you just assume it was JT, so they must have been full of bitterness???

Q: What did you make of Jeff Fisher as a person during his time here?
A: With one big exception _ the lie about the Bradford trade _ we had a pretty good relationship. He could be very engaging when he wanted to.

Q: I feel like you bring up the "lie" about a Bradford trade often and seem bitter about it.....just wondering, how should they have handled that? What benefit would it be to tell you what they were going to do? Or, would you have rather just received a "no comment" from the team?
A: I bring it up only when asked about my relationship with Fisher. It's ancient history. Live and learn, and move on. A beat writer and a head coach spend a lot of time together. You build up a trust, and that trust is very important. All he had to say _ as he had in several other instances, and as his predecessors had done on dozens of occasions _ is yeah we're working on something but you can't print that. That's all. But my friend, life is too short to be bitter.

He cuts Fisher a whole lot more slack in those answers than any of the LA crowd has given him in a month of Sundays.

It's also very common for coaches to keep the local beat writer 'in the know' but ask them to keep it under their hat until the subject of discussion has been finalized. And Fisher had apparently done that with some frequency with JT.

But as usual, the LA arrogance rules the day, and anything 'St. Louis' sucks. I guess it sucks that the ST LOUIS RAMS are the only Rams team to win a Super Bowl.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2022 TOP Member
Did you even bother to read JT's responses to the question about the trade. Or did you just assume it was JT, so they must have been full of bitterness???

Q: What did you make of Jeff Fisher as a person during his time here?
A: With one big exception _ the lie about the Bradford trade _ we had a pretty good relationship. He could be very engaging when he wanted to.

Q: I feel like you bring up the "lie" about a Bradford trade often and seem bitter about it.....just wondering, how should they have handled that? What benefit would it be to tell you what they were going to do? Or, would you have rather just received a "no comment" from the team?
A: I bring it up only when asked about my relationship with Fisher. It's ancient history. Live and learn, and move on. A beat writer and a head coach spend a lot of time together. You build up a trust, and that trust is very important. All he had to say _ as he had in several other instances, and as his predecessors had done on dozens of occasions _ is yeah we're working on something but you can't print that. That's all. But my friend, life is too short to be bitter.

He cuts Fisher a whole lot more slack in those answers than any of the LA crowd has given him in a month of Sundays.

It's also very common for coaches to keep the local beat writer 'in the know' but ask them to keep it under their hat until the subject of discussion has been finalized. And Fisher had apparently done that with some frequency with JT.

But as usual, the LA arrogance rules the day, and anything 'St. Louis' sucks. I guess it sucks that the ST LOUIS RAMS are the only Rams team to win a Super Bowl.

I read JT's responses to the question and my response stays the same. Lets just take the wind right out of your sails because you seem to fail grasping one simple concept and it's something I've made abundantly clear countless times on this and every Rams board I'm on.

I do not and never have lived in Los Angeles or St Louis

You got that? Did I type it out simply enough for you to understand? Can you get past your blinders where in your world it's black and white/ St Louis and Los Angeles! Keep playing your games, keep trying to pit LA vs StL. Responses like yours just fuel the divide and keep the fan base fractured. One of these days you'll get it.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
That's it for me. Last time I read a JT Chat. Nothing of substance relating to Rams. Go full time 48'ers JT.

In all the years he was covering the Rams with Jeff Fisher as HC, I don't recall too many nuggets(a nugget of information being something that the fans wouldn't know about). Not much has changed. I'm guessing that Fisher kept things to himself and didn't share a lot with reporters.

Stop by for Prime Time and stay for the gifs. :)

1195446011100.gif

RaminExile

Hall of Fame
JTs problem was that Fisher told him privately and off the record "no" as well as in the presser. That being a lie undermined their trust. I get that and feel JT there actually. I bet they get told so much they're not really supposed to let on about but they do so because they build a reputation as being trustworthy so they get the really big stories and the honest interviews when it matters most. To throw it away over something small and in which the truth would come out later that day anyway is a bit strange.

bluecoconuts

Legend
If a coach doesn't trust a writer to keep his mouth shut, then that's the writer's fault, not the coaches. Fisher didn't want it getting out, he didn't tell anyone. Anyone being the key word there, it's not as if he told a bunch of people and not JT, he didn't tell anyone, he didn't want anyone to know or that it was going to happen.

JT is acting like he and Fisher were BFF's and he told him some grand lie, and that's not the case. JT is a fucking reporter, he has a job to do, just like Fisher has one as well.

A few months ago it leaked that the LA Kings stripped Dustin Brown of his captaincy and that it was going to go to Kopitar. It was officially announced a few weeks later. and when Brown was interviewed about the process he let it known that he was pretty pissed that it was leaked. If Bradford didn't know it would have been unprofessional of Fisher to leak it to the press beforehand, and I don't give a shit what JT says, he's a reporter and it would have been irresponsible of Fisher to do so before everyone was informed and ready.

Ram65

Legend
Wow.

Demoff really lead people on about not moving. Then he goes ecstatic about the move and the years of planning. I like him and promote him as a very smart football and cap guy. He just leaves a bad taste about in my mouth about the move. I know he was following Stans orders. It's time to get over the move. There is no Santa Claus, Easter Bunny, Tooth Fairy nor The St Louis Rams. For now it's go Los Angeles Rams!

Picked4td

Pro Bowler
If a coach doesn't trust a writer to keep his mouth shut, then that's the writer's fault, not the coaches. Fisher didn't want it getting out, he didn't tell anyone. Anyone being the key word there, it's not as if he told a bunch of people and not JT, he didn't tell anyone, he didn't want anyone to know or that it was going to happen.

JT is acting like he and Fisher were BFF's and he told him some grand lie, and that's not the case. JT is a freaking reporter, he has a job to do, just like Fisher has one as well.

A few months ago it leaked that the LA Kings stripped Dustin Brown of his captaincy and that it was going to go to Kopitar. It was officially announced a few weeks later. and when Brown was interviewed about the process he let it known that he was pretty pissed that it was leaked. If Bradford didn't know it would have been unprofessional of Fisher to leak it to the press beforehand, and I don't give a crap what JT says, he's a reporter and it would have been irresponsible of Fisher to do so before everyone was informed and ready.

Thats how I look at it. While technically he lied I think calling it a lie is a bit of a stretch. Like you said he didnt tell other ppl and then lie to Thomas, he simply kept it a secret from everyone and last time I checked you cant keep that a secret without lying

Orchid

Starter
Name
Obert

It was not unknown that the Rams were trying to trade Bradford. Go back and look at the chatter from Cleveland and Philly at the time.

All Fisher should had to said.. " we are working on something but you can not say anything for now".

Force16X

anti pedestrian
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Gotta agree with the guy posting about the HoF. You mean the men in charge of our franchise couldn't fly their personel jet out to Canton to see one of the greatest RAMS of all time? Oh, but they congratulated him on twitter. How fickle. I get wanting to galvanize an old/new fanbase. Don't know why they have to do it with a complete disregard for another base that supported them for 2 decades.
well then hopefully this regime then can realize that LOS ANGELES (as in Rams) have never won a super bowl and they need to do something about that little problem. i remember way , way, way, too many so close but no cigar seasons with the Rams in (california for that little matter).

FrankenRam

Starter
I read JT's responses to the question and my response stays the same. Lets just take the wind right out of your sails because you seem to fail grasping one simple concept and it's something I've made abundantly clear countless times on this and every Rams board I'm on.

I do not and never have lived in Los Angeles or St Louis

You got that? Did I type it out simply enough for you to understand? Can you get past your blinders where in your world it's black and white/ St Louis and Los Angeles! Keep playing your games, keep trying to pit LA vs StL. Responses like yours just fuel the divide and keep the fan base fractured. One of these days you'll get it.

Hello pot, meet kettle.