NFL chat with Jim Thomas: 7/13/16 - He's back and extra snarky

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
@Mikey Ram - BTW - we went with Sky Dive Oregon out of Molalla just a couple hours north of where you are going. They are a really good outfit as I'm sure is the one out of Eugene. Either way, if you haven't made reservations, you might want to check them out.

My youngest was the one strapped to the guy with the camera so most of the shots are of him. I really liked this one of him.
FultonDive.jpg

Mikey Ram

Hall of Fame
Name
Mike
@Mikey Ram - BTW - we went with Sky Dive Oregon out of Molalla just a couple hours north of where you are going. They are a really good outfit as I'm sure is the one out of Eugene. Either way, if you haven't made reservations, you might want to check them out.

My youngest was the one strapped to the guy with the camera so most of the shots are of him. I really liked this one of him.
View attachment 14843

Thanks for that...I'm going nuts waiting to do this...At the same time I'm just a little nervous too...My wife is going along with us so that she can identify the body...

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Thanks for that...I'm going nuts waiting to do this...At the same time I'm just a little nervous too...My wife is going along with us so that she can identify the body...
My wife went with us but because of past back problems she couldn't jump. There really isn't much to it once you get up there. They run through pretty much everything on the ground and with the outfit we went with, you actually watch them pack your chute as they go over how. It was all pretty cool. And I'll tell you - the jump itself is freaking awesome. Maybe not as frightening as I had hoped honestly. But it was a major rush and a kick in the pants to do. And being able to dive with my boys was something I will always smile about.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
My wife went with us but because of past back problems she couldn't jump. There really isn't much to it once you get up there. They run through pretty much everything on the ground and with the outfit we went with, you actually watch them pack your chute as they go over how. It was all pretty cool. And I'll tell you - the jump itself is freaking awesome. Maybe not as frightening as I had hoped honestly. But it was a major rush and a kick in the pants to do. And being able to dive with my boys was something I will always smile about.

View: http://imgur.com/eL7Ni2v

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
In addition, I think plans call for me to do a Rams rewind - for lack of a better title - where I look at game tape from that week's Rams games and write an on-line only blog of what I see.
Looking forward to that!

VegasRam

Give your dog a hug.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Doug
You're closing on old, but have some more road to travel...I turn 65 in about 2 weeks...Upside of that for me is that I'm about to bring closure to my reasonable bucket list...My daughter's birthday present is that her and I are going to Eugene to go skydiving..Ican hardly wait...I've wanted to do it like forever..
My wife is not real thrilled, but to her credit she knows that it's important to me...

You'll love it. Just turned 68, think I'll do it again. Keep me posted. First three jumps were static line, with the 3rd a fake pull.
4th and 5th pulled my own ripcord from 3500 feet.
Be interested to know what's changed in the last 35 years.

Mikey Ram

Hall of Fame
Name
Mike

I'm a little anxious, but I'm all in now...My daughter threw the gauntlet down and asked me if I was chicken...She knows which buttons to push with me...i would love for my wife to go, but she wouldn't be able to handle it I'm afraid...Not a decision anyway as she has been on disability for almost 20 years...Her back is awful...Glad you had such a blast...The folks we're looking at said to set aside about a half a day for the whole thing..i guess the on the ground stuff takes a lot longer by far than the jump...It must be over in what seems like a few seconds...I'm really getting stoked now...Kind of like football season without the jumping out of a fucking airplane part...I think we get 3 altitude choices if I understand correctly (but I might not)..I understand the rush of doing it with your boys, I think I'll get the same with my daughter...My son won't be able to go...Maybe if it goes well and I do it again I'll drag him along...I was amazed at how really reasonable (almost cheap) that the cost is...We are probably boring everybody else, so I'll say thanks for the info and move on...Thanks again...

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I'm a little anxious, but I'm all in now...My daughter threw the gauntlet down and asked me if I was chicken...She knows which buttons to push with me...i would love for my wife to go, but she wouldn't be able to handle it I'm afraid...Not a decision anyway as she has been on disability for almost 20 years...Her back is awful...Glad you had such a blast...The folks we're looking at said to set aside about a half a day for the whole thing..i guess the on the ground stuff takes a lot longer by far than the jump...It must be over in what seems like a few seconds...I'm really getting stoked now...Kind of like football season without the jumping out of a freaking airplane part...I think we get 3 altitude choices if I understand correctly (but I might not)..I understand the rush of doing it with your boys, I think I'll get the same with my daughter...My son won't be able to go...Maybe if it goes well and I do it again I'll drag him along...I was amazed at how really reasonable (almost cheap) that the cost is...We are probably boring everybody else, so I'll say thanks for the info and move on...Thanks again...

Meh... wouldn't be the first or the last thread I hijack. Half a day is about right. You will probably be waiting around for a fair bit of it. They tend to plan it so if they get some cancelations they can put you on with maybe a single jumper. It's still cool watching others jump before you and getting all excited about your jump coming up. I hope you'll do an off topic post afterwards. And don't forget. We're just a couple hours north of you. Come in and let me buy you a beer.

Cheers man.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
You'll love it. Just turned 68, think I'll do it again. Keep me posted. First three jumps were static line, with the 3rd a fake pull.
4th and 5th pulled my own ripcord from 3500 feet.
Be interested to know what's changed in the last 35 years.
I don't think they even do static jumps for your first anymore. That's what I wanted to do but the company I jumped with only does tandems for your first jump. I can do a jump where I pull the cord if I go through a little longer class room orientation. Oddly, my son just joined the Airforce and he is not allowed to do any jumps outside of the military. Maybe some day we'll do it though. I wouldn't think twice about doing it again. What a blast.

VegasRam

Give your dog a hug.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Doug
I want to jump from higher than 3500 feet.