NFL and NFLPA close to new drug policy that would lift suspensions

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
Clarence Hill reports that a new drug policy is “very close” to getting done and the suspension for Cowboys CB Orlando Scandrick will be lifted as soon as a new agreement is in place.

This would be great news for Broncos WR Wes Welker as they both reportedly took Molly laced with amphetamines, which triggered the positive tests.

Browns WR Josh Gordon could receive a reduced sentence or possibly have his suspension thrown out completely.

Mike Florio of Pro Football Talk first reported that this was a possibility last night.

This agreement is expected to give an independent arbitrator the ability to oversee positive tests. However, the issue of whether Roger Goodell or the arbitrator will handle appeals cases reportedly remains a“sticking point.”

Albert Breer reports that talks between the two sides intensified close to 10 days ago and they are treating this Sunday as a “soft deadline.

• Breer adds that DUI policy is another sticking point in the current talks.
  • According to Breer, they have made progress regarding Goodell overseeing appeal cases.
The NFL and NFLPA would obviously have to agree to apply any new rules retroactively to cases like Welker and Gordon for them to benefit, but this could easily be negotiated into a deal.

We’ll have more updates regarding this situation as the news is available.

http://nfltraderumors.co/report-nfl...-new-drug-policy-that-would-lift-suspensions/

Noregar

Starter
Name
Roger
This means Steadman Bailey could return early too.

On the flip side, I wonder how this would affect Aldon Smith

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
This means Steadman Bailey could return early too.

On the flip side, I wonder how this would affect Aldon Smith

Aldon did some dumb shit like yelling "bomb" in an airport. He's not getting out of that for this.

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
Whelp, I just grabbed Gordon in like four fantasy leagues. Here's hoping.

MauiRam

Rookie
Aldon "I have a bomb" Smith? Regardless of any new rules tweak, I have complete faith in Aldon's uncanny ability to screw up any situation. Maybe he can claim temporary insanity due to ingestion of too many "Mollys."

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Aldon "I have a bomb" Smith? Regardless of any new rules tweak, I have complete faith in Aldon's uncanny ability to screw up any situation. Maybe he can claim temporary insanity due to ingestion of too many "Mollys."

0c4Ifzw.gif

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
Thought i read since Gordans infraction happened during last years season it wouldnt be effected by this new deal. Could be wrong though.