NFL 2022 top 10 QB Rankings - according to league execs, coaches, scouts & players

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

majrleaged

Hall of Fame
Kupp should be in top 5. AD #1. Stafford, had a lot of ups and downs, but won the SB. Got to be top 15 or 20.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Haha. This should be fun....

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I'm fine with that ranking even though I'd put Stafford at 2 this year. He was great in year one and should be better in year two in this offense. His weapons are fantastic, and that matters here. I mean we can try to remove the weapons in the conversation but that leads to bad lists as we've seen from pff.

Considering everything here's my top group:

1. Burrow. This guy took his team to the Super Bowl year two with a shit OL. OL got addressed and he's throwing to what might be the best wideout group in the league. Chase is just gonna keep getting better.

2. Stafford. People are still adjusting to the idea that Stafford is this good. Well he is. And the Rams have the weapons for him to have an epic year two in this system with McVay. If the defense is bad he will slip a bit, but I still think he's top three in this offense.

3. Rodgers. He took a huge hit losing Adams. But Rodgers is so good that he will overcome it and still put up great numbers, he just won't be as good as the top two who have everything in alignment for 2022.

4. Brady. Gronk retiring is a big loss for Tom. Without him the Bucs offense does not scare me. They have good weapons but not in the class of the top two and he's also dealing with a change of head coach which will be felt so I think he's gonna show his age this year but just in case I'm wrong I have him at 4. :laugh4:

5. This is where I start seeing more questions in how things are aligned. I could go with Herbert or Allen or Mahomes here but each have reasons that sort of mash them together for me. Then you have risers led by Carr, who is going to benefit from the upgrade he got this offseason in gameplanning and weapons. Adams, Renfrow, Waller is some serious pass game threat three deep, give that group to Herbert with McDaniels as his OC and he's top three. So my top 4 are the guys who not only are reading and throwing with anticipation and leading their teams, but who also have the stars aligned enough to stand out among the best.

fanotodd

Diehard
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Fanotodd
Getting the order right is impossible to settle until the season ends, but this is a pretty solid list except for watson. Having sat a year (and probably another), he has to prove he won’t be coming in rusty while playing for a new team. I would piggyback on Merlin’s post and put carr in his place. Besides the weapons, it looks like the raiders have improved the OL. The last time they made it a point to address the OL, carr was lights out, only to get hurt just before the playoffs.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Beg to differ but this says he's currently #1
1657766424439.png

wolfdogg

Hall of Fame
Name
wolfdogg
Kupp should be in top 5. AD #1. Stafford, had a lot of ups and downs, but won the SB. Got to be top 15 or 20.

Well, Matt was 3rd in yards and yards att, plus 2nd in tds. He also had a better completion % than mahomes, Cousins, Herbert, Goff, teddy, Lamar, Russell, and Josh Allen. So I guess what I'm saying is you have to be out of your damn mind to casually put Matt in the "top 15 or 20"

wolfdogg

Hall of Fame
Name
wolfdogg
And another thing if Matt is a middle of the pack qb, then why isn't the receiver who had the best year in the history of the league, by far, not the best receiver. You know, since he was working with a 15-20 qb.

majrleaged

Hall of Fame
Well, Matt was 3rd in yards and yards att, plus 2nd in tds. He also had a better completion % than mahomes, Cousins, Herbert, Goff, teddy, Lamar, Russell, and Josh Allen. So I guess what I'm saying is you have to be out of your damn mind to casually put Matt in the "top 15 or 20"
15 or 20 out of the top 100 players, not QBs. He is a top 5 QB

wolfdogg

Hall of Fame
Name
wolfdogg
15 or 20 out of the top 100 players, not QBs. He is a top 5 QB
Whew. My bad. That's actually something a very sane person would say. I will call homeland security today and cancel my report of a potential domestic terrorist.

Rams43

Hall of Fame
I'm fine with that ranking even though I'd put Stafford at 2 this year. He was great in year one and should be better in year two in this offense. His weapons are fantastic, and that matters here. I mean we can try to remove the weapons in the conversation but that leads to bad lists as we've seen from pff.

Considering everything here's my top group:

1. Burrow. This guy took his team to the Super Bowl year two with a shit OL. OL got addressed and he's throwing to what might be the best wideout group in the league. Chase is just gonna keep getting better.

2. Stafford. People are still adjusting to the idea that Stafford is this good. Well he is. And the Rams have the weapons for him to have an epic year two in this system with McVay. If the defense is bad he will slip a bit, but I still think he's top three in this offense.

3. Rodgers. He took a huge hit losing Adams. But Rodgers is so good that he will overcome it and still put up great numbers, he just won't be as good as the top two who have everything in alignment for 2022.

4. Brady. Gronk retiring is a big loss for Tom. Without him the Bucs offense does not scare me. They have good weapons but not in the class of the top two and he's also dealing with a change of head coach which will be felt so I think he's gonna show his age this year but just in case I'm wrong I have him at 4. :laugh4:

5. This is where I start seeing more questions in how things are aligned. I could go with Herbert or Allen or Mahomes here but each have reasons that sort of mash them together for me. Then you have risers led by Carr, who is going to benefit from the upgrade he got this offseason in gameplanning and weapons. Adams, Renfrow, Waller is some serious pass game threat three deep, give that group to Herbert with McDaniels as his OC and he's top three. So my top 4 are the guys who not only are reading and throwing with anticipation and leading their teams, but who also have the stars aligned enough to stand out among the best.
I make Burrows, Stafford, and Allen #’s 1-3 pick ‘em, myself.

I guess I’d put Rodgers at #4 ‘just because’. Always been a stats king, but a little short on team leader and winning playoff games to suit me. I think he’s gonna struggle a bit this year with his new WR corps.

Brady has been slipping because Father Time has caught up with him, finally. An amazing career but that was then, you know?

After my top 4 it gets really fuzzy to rank QB’s. Too much hairsplitting, I think.

1maGoh

Hall of Fame
Technically, the number 1 QB is still "top 15 or 20".

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
Getting the order right is impossible to settle until the season ends, but this is a pretty solid list except for watson. Having sat a year (and probably another), he has to prove he won’t be coming in rusty while playing for a new team. I would piggyback on Merlin’s post and put carr in his place. Besides the weapons, it looks like the raiders have improved the OL. The last time they made it a point to address the OL, carr was lights out, only to get hurt just before the playoffs.
As the history of the NFL and other leagues grows... I'm definitely not as interested in lists that argue who's #1 versus who's #3... I much more prefer the "tier" approach to ranking QBs.
Stafford would definitely make the "top tier" in any NFL rankings right now, imo.

fanotodd

Diehard
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Fanotodd
As the history of the NFL and other leagues grows... I'm definitely not as interested in lists that argue who's #1 versus who's #3... I much more prefer the "tier" approach to ranking QBs.
Stafford would definitely make the "top tier" in any NFL rankings right now, imo.
No argument from me; however, to you and anybody else reading this, where is the cut off for tiers?
Just for reference and the sake of conversation, I’m thinking 3 tiers. Top 10, middle 10, and everyone else.
Does that sound about right?

If so, I don’t see how anybody who watched football last season could justify Stafford being anywhere BUT a top 10/tier 1 QB.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
I might put Burrow in at #10. He’s better than Prescott.

I think I’d go
1. Allen
2. Rodgers
3. Mahomey
4. Stafford
5. Brady
6. Wilson
7. Herbert
8. D. Watson
9. L.Jackson
10. Burrow

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
No argument from me; however, to you and anybody else reading this, where is the cut off for tiers?
Just for reference and the sake of conversation, I’m thinking 3 tiers. Top 10, middle 10, and everyone else.
Does that sound about right?

If so, I don’t see how anybody who watched football last season could justify Stafford being anywhere BUT a top 10/tier 1 QB.
Using ESPN's list as a reference point.... I would cut that top tier off at 7.
Just below it are Russell Wilson, Watson and Dak Prescott. I don't think Wilson is a difference-maker anymore.. I just don't want anything to do with Watson.. and Prescott has shown a lot of brilliance.. but seems lacking. Maybe it's the stuff around Prescott.. but I just won't put him up with the top 7.

I'm not sure what I'd make the rest of the tiers look like, but that's kind of how I feel about the top.

oldnotdead

Legend
Rodgers IMO is overrated. He benefits from a weak division. Then he gets consistently beaten in the playoffs. Allen is a tremendous talent but he also has proven nothing yet.

Burrows is like Allen, in regards to being a very talented QB. But he got outplayed by Stafford who only had one starting WR and no running game in support. Burrows threw for 268 yards but only 1 TD and that was a gift to him by the refs otherwise he would have had no TDs at all.

That is the failure of these types of rankings. An elite QB must rise above his team's relative talent.

IMO the top 4 QBs on that list are Brady, Stafford, Wilson and Mahomes. Watson shouldn't even be on the list. Rankings are irrelevant because the quality of the teams they played on is not equal.

A truly elite QB must be able to carry his team regardless of the relative talent around him. Those 4 have shown they can.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
It is hard to rank without considering ages and upside.

I’ll go;

1. Mahomes
2. Allen
3. Herbert
4. Stafford
5. Rogers
6. Wilson
7. Brady
8. Burrow
9. Prescott
10. L Jackson

Ramlock

Here we f’n go, baby!
Name
Ramlock
1a Stafford
1b Rodgers
1c Mahomes
4 Brady
5 Allen
6 Herbert
7 Burrow
8 Wilson
9 Carr
10 Cousins

Allen, Herbert and Burrow have it all but they must win more.

Stafford goes right to the top for me…Super Bowl. He owns the 4th quarter like none other. Fucking Period.
I fully expect 9 to throw more TDs and fewer INTs this Fall…year 2.

Rodgers, Mahomes and Brady could all drop like stones. Mahomes looked like Texas Tech Mahomes a few times last year.
Brady should have retired and finished.
Age is undefeated, Rodgers.

Cousins sneaks in ahead of Dak due to health.

Don’t know what the fuck to do with Watson.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I make Burrows, Stafford, and Allen #’s 1-3 pick ‘em, myself.

I guess I’d put Rodgers at #4 ‘just because’. Always been a stats king, but a little short on team leader and winning playoff games to suit me. I think he’s gonna struggle a bit this year with his new WR corps.

Brady has been slipping because Father Time has caught up with him, finally. An amazing career but that was then, you know?

After my top 4 it gets really fuzzy to rank QB’s. Too much hairsplitting, I think.
Allen's pretty great. I just don't think his weapons are all that scary. Diggs is the guy you double. At some point Cooks might put them over the top on offense but will it be year one? Allen can go apeshit on any defense any given game when he's on but the talent does matter for him too. One down game in the playoffs is when you go home.

Btw I realize this is really splitting hairs with the top group. And you have to split hairs to sort them and project them.