NFL 2017 Week 8 Power Rankings

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

MrRiceGuyRJ

Let's Make the Rams Great Again
Name
RJ
The drop that keeps us from respect. He catches this ball, and we're sitting much more comfortably.

636431000852549546-USP-NFL-SEATTLE-SEAHAWKS-AT-LOS-ANGELES-RAMS-94448709.JPG

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
View: http://www.therams.com/news-and-events/article-1/Rams-Power-Rankings-Week-8/062f8cf7-de69-4322-bb97-5de868b1c54f

Yahoo! Shutdown Corner Rank: 6

Last Week: 9

Change: +3

“The Cardinals have their issues and losing Carson Palmer during Sunday’s game didn’t help. But the Rams defense was really good in shutting out Arizona on Sunday. Defensive coordinator Wade Phillips is one of the best, and it makes sense if the Rams are starting to show signs of a big improvement on that side of the ball. (Yes, I’m surprised I have the Rams this high too, but who behind them clearly deserves to be here?”
-----------
The Washington Post Rank: 5

Last Week: 6

Change: +1

“It might be time to take the Rams seriously as a contender right here, right now, this season. That’s way ahead of schedule. It would be enough for Coach Sean McVay merely to have things headed in the right direction with QB Jared Goff and the rest of the team. But with no superpowers or complete teams in the NFC, maybe McVay can accomplish even more in Year 1.”
--------------
USA Today Rank: 7

Last Week: 8

Change: +1
----------
Sports Illustrated Rank: 7

Last Week: 10

Change: +3

dolphinlover123

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
My top 5 in no particular order: Eagles, Steelers, Rams, Saints, Chiefs

I think what matters is that we can hang with anybody. It's just a matter of who peaks at the right time and who is most consistent. I think we'll keep getting better as the season goes on. I would say we have the most room to grow :D

Zero

Pro Bowler
I just wish there were public stats that measured how accurately sports reporters did their jobs. I’d start a PFF that rated everything they reported and predicted along with extra weight for negative reports that hurt athlete’s reputations and earning capacity that are later proven to be falsehoods. How much fun would that be?
Leo,That is just a freaking awesome idea.
I can't put into words just how great of an idea this is.
would be freaking hilarious.

Farr Be It

Hall of Fame
I just wish there were public stats that measured how accurately sports reporters did their jobs. I’d start a PFF that rated everything they reported and predicted along with extra weight for negative reports that hurt athlete’s reputations and earning capacity that are later proven to be falsehoods. How much fun would that be?
As another poster said. Great idea. Not just for sports. CNN too.

Farr Be It

Hall of Fame
By the way, the Rams have EARNED the top rankings, but you hear it in the angst of these writers. They Haaaate to admit the Rams are good, just as they prop up the Cowgirls, Chickens and Cheaters.

leoram

LA/St Louis/LA fan
As another poster said. Great idea. Not just for sports. CNN too.

Ladies and Gents...let’s develop a business plan. We can scout an employee from a fan board of each NFL team, preferably someone retired with lots of time. We select the reporters and so-called draft analysts we wish to rate. We develop a system, create a website and “voila”, we’re in business. I even have an investor. Who’s in?

rdw

Pro Bowler
Ladies and Gents...let’s develop a business plan. We can scout an employee from a fan board of each NFL team, preferably someone retired with lots of time. We select the reporters and so-called draft analysts we wish to rate. We develop a system, create a website and “voila”, we’re in business. I even have an investor. Who’s in?
We need to give these clowns I mean journalists incentive to be at least mediocre at their job. If they are somewhat accurate in their proclamations we'll grant them revered titles such as 2017 Journalistic Integrity Winner. It will come with a plaque to proudly display on their wall and graphics for their e-mail signatures.

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
Rams biggest turnaround. Start the season in the bottom 5, now in the top 5.
http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/pag...triots-atlanta-falcons-seattle-seahawks-front
27. Los Angeles Rams
2016 record: 4-12
Post-draft ranking: No. 28
gn-arrow.png

We'll get a full season of quarterback Jared Goff in 2017. He didn't impress in 2016, but perhaps more time and practice will give Goff, running back Todd Gurley and the Rams a chance to improve an offense that averaged a league-worst 14.0 points per game last season.

542D525A-4090-406C-ADFF-F1550FEFB9E5.jpeg

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Ahead of SEA, as it should be.

https://www.thescore.com/news/1378060
5. Los Angeles Rams (5-2)
BROWNE MCCLYMONT SANDERSON SRINIVASAN
5th 5th 4th 6th Previous Rank: 5th

Hats off to the Rams. Whether this success lasts or not, they've gone from a bottom-five squad to one of few teams playing well on both sides of the ball in less than two months. - Sanderson

Scirca

Rookie
The drop that keeps us from respect. He catches this ball, and we're sitting much more comfortably.

636431000852549546-USP-NFL-SEATTLE-SEAHAWKS-AT-LOS-ANGELES-RAMS-94448709.JPG

When this happened, at first I wasn't mad. However, as time passes, I slowly become more and more agitated when I see this. Because of this drop we got people like @LACHAMP46 talking sh*t about how Goff can't lead the team. You got outsiders like Jeff Heath looking at us sideways. Eric Dickerson picking Dak Prescott over Goff today on Undisputed when breaking down the Rams against the Cowboys super bowl chances.

Sleepy1711

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2017 NFL division power rankings

Cameron DaSilva
@camdasilva
Jun 9, 2017 at 10:05a ET

NFC West

Super Bowl contenders: 1

Potential playoff teams: 2

Once the premier division in football, the NFC West is now the worst in the league. The Seahawks are the only Super Bowl contenders among the four teams, and will probably be the only playoff team, too.

The rest of the division is just … not great. The Cardinals look like they should be on paper with Carson Palmer, David Johnson, Larry Fitzgerald and Patrick Peterson, but they had an awful offseason. Calais Campbell, Tony Jefferson and Marcus Cooper are all gone, and the offensive line remains a trouble spot.

They’re the only team that could potentially take down the Seahawks, though it’s highly unlikely to happen in 2017.

The Rams and 49ers are two of the worst teams in the league and will almost certainly both be picking in the top 10, which brings down the overall strength of the division. Neither team is in position to compete for anything besides the No. 1 pick in 2018.

Ahh.The good ole days.lol
Who the "F" is this "MFer"? Pardon my French, I'm drunk.

BeefJurky

Rookie
Fucking Kupp.
You were the chosen one!
Ahem. Anyways.
Here's how I see it.

1. Eagles
2. Patriots
3. Chiefs
4. Seattle (Come on, as good as we look, they beat us at home)
5. Rams
6. Pittsburgh
7. Minny
8. Saints

tempests

Hall of Fame
LoyalRam said:
ON another story, Mike Sando admits that he has been wrong 4 times about the Rams this year (lol). Earlier this year, ESPN created a whole narrative about the rankings being directed by how good the winning teams were from a defensive point of view AFTER the Rams beat the 49ers in a combined 80+ point game on Thurs Night. Now that our defense is clicking like a motherfarker, no mention of the 33-0 blowout in London. Look at the bolded comments with the Rams and then look at the 3-3 Dallas Cowboys. These fukkers can't be consistent to save their lives...You hear me, Mike Sando?

Rams have made a lot of people look foolish this year, and ESPN is at the top of the list.

I get the sense they're pretty much rooting for the Rams to fail. When the Seahawks escaped LA with a win, I could almost hear their sigh of relief from here. After all, if the Rams win the West, their so-called "insiders" really don't know what they're talking about, and the formulas that they're getting paid to develop are worthless as well.

ex. sht like this

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/20592515/nfl-predicting-all-256-games-final-records-2017-season

Last edited: