NFL: 12 Day 3 Rookies Who Could Compete For Starter Snaps In Year 1. (3 Rams on the list)

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie

Rank
Nick Hampton
Appalachian State · OLB

Los Angeles Rams

Drafted: Round 5, 161st overall

Three Rams draft picks made this list because the team might need to lean on young talent given its lack of depth at some positions. Hampton fits the bill as a strong-side rush linebacker, holding the line against the run and attacking the quarterback when fellow rookie Byron Young and others force the action his way.
Rank

Zach Evans
Mississippi · RB

Los Angeles Rams

Drafted: Round 6, 215th overall

Cam Akers led the Rams in rushing last season, but he missed nearly the entire 2021 season due to injury and decision-makers were fielding trade calls for him last year before Akers and the team appeared to get back on the same page. I viewed Evans as a third-round talent, with the power and speed to be an excellent pro. He'll earn carries as a rookie and could eventually push Akers for the top job.

Puka Nacua
BYU · WR

Los Angeles Rams

Drafted: Round 5, 177th overall

Nacua gets open with physicality and crafty route running. He uses his frame to box out defenders and makes grabbing passes thrown outside his frame look easy. Matthew Stafford will love looking outside to Nacua on third down.

Psycho_X

Legend
This preseason is going to be great.
Idk, love or hate him for it but McVay even sits rookies who are expected to make contributions during regular season. Be interesting to see who plays in preseason and who has already made a name for themselves. I wouldn't be surprised to even see Bennett not take any snaps all though I hope he does. Despite that there are still a lot of other young guys worth watching so I still agree with you overall.

Tano

Legend
Idk, love or hate him for it but McVay even sits rookies who are expected to make contributions during regular season. Be interesting to see who plays in preseason and who has already made a name for themselves. I wouldn't be surprised to even see Bennett not take any snaps all though I hope he does. Despite that there are still a lot of other young guys worth watching so I still agree with you overall.
I think Stetson is going to be playing a lot in the preseason

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Right but the difference this year is he's going to need to play a lot of these guys. Top few will sit I am sure, but the rest should get plenty of snaps and seasoning.

I respect his approach and understand it but boy it would be nice if he'd switch it up this year and play some starters even if it's for a few series at the start.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter

Wondering when that has ever happened when a Ram Rookie wasn’t hurt?

majrleaged

Hall of Fame
I think Stetson is going to be playing a lot in the preseason
My opinion is McVay's way of dealing with preseason, blew up in his face last year. the team came out flatter then any other season. the line needed work after loosing Whit. After winning the SB they were complacent and needed a jolt to get started. They looked like they were standing still and I feel like the early injuries were from not being prepared for game speed. It is one thing when you start out against the colts or the Raiders, but the Bills? And this year, more of the same. very tough at the beginning. I hope most of the team gets on the field at least a couple of plays.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
My opinion is McVay's way of dealing with preseason, blew up in his face last year. the team came out flatter then any other season. the line needed work after loosing Whit. After winning the SB they were complacent and needed a jolt to get started. They looked like they were standing still and I feel like the early injuries were from not being prepared for game speed. It is one thing when you start out against the colts or the Raiders, but the Bills? And this year, more of the same. very tough at the beginning. I hope most of the team gets on the field at least a couple of plays.
100%. When it comes to injuries I think at some point it's straight luck. Sitting starters in preseason reduces chances of losing key guys but there's definitely two sides to that coin the other being ready to go for the season.

I knew that Buffalo game was gonna be rough just due to Von vs Boom alone. But yeah the team was flatter than expected even given that. So it is possible he works the starters a little bit this year. I would hope so at least but if not, well, gonna trust he's got a good plan.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
This preseason is going to be great.
1SJcNMK.gif

8to12

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Right but the difference this year is he's going to need to play a lot of these guys. Top few will sit I am sure, but the rest should get plenty of snaps and seasoning.

I respect his approach and understand it but boy it would be nice if he'd switch it up this year and play some starters even if it's for a few series at the start.
As much as I agree with this, I think MCVay is going to prefer the combined workouts with other teams. I read they are working out details to practice with the Broncos before the last preseaon game. IF true, the first team offense will get reps 2 weeks in row against an opponent 1 week before the season starts. This might carry some continuity in the opening game

Tano

Legend
I think McVay will sit the veterans but when I look at this team well....

I think Stafford Kupp Jefferson Higbee Havenstein Donald Jones Fuller sits for sure

Other than that I don't know.

Maybe Allen Shelton and Tutu as well.

Anyone else?