NFL 100 Year Season: Rams greatest play in history

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
All legit "greatest plays" for the Rams. I'd add Marshall Faulk's run against the Browns where on the sideline Vermeil is saying "we didn't block anybody!!!". For "those forty niner moments" when SJ broke the DBs arm who was trying to tackle him and Aeneas Williams knocking out Terrell Owens (he also ended Steve Young's career while with the Cardinals).

Another great 49er moment would be Tony Horne's KO return TD in '99 to wipe out their momentum after they had gained just a glimmer of hope by pulling to within eight points.

And Gary Green's 85 MNF pick-six of Lucifer aka The Antichrist aka Joe Montana to effectively give the Rams the NFC West title that year would also qualify for this list.

Farr Be It

Hall of Fame
Man, so many ...

- Bruce's TD in XXXIV will always be my tops ... well, until we have another SB winning play anyway
- but his 77-yard TD on the Rams first offensive play in the playoffs against the Vikings is also a big one
- Dickerson's 55 yard explosion on the first play of the 2nd half in the '85 divisional playoffs against Dallas
- The Waddy TD in the 79 playoffs (sent Roger Staubach into retirement with a loss!!)
- Isiah Robertson's 58 yard pick six in the 74 playoffs against the Redskins to give the Rams their first playoff win in a long time
- The Proehl catch, obviously
- Aeneas Williams pick to seal the deal against the Eagles in the 2001 NFCC
- Jack Youngblood's pick six against the Cardinals in the 75 playoffs
- Zuerlein crushing a 57 yarder in overtime to send Asshole Face home to binge on ice cream while watching Lifetime Channel movies while sending the Rams to the Super Bowl
- The Tackle
- Flipper's walk-off TD in the Meadowlands

Great list! Someone mentioned Bruce and the Niners, I would add this performance as the REAL start of the GSOT, week 5, 1999, the dagger in the heart of the Niner 18-year Dynasty. Specifically, “the throat slash.”

Watch touchdown #2 in this montage of that day. All the emotion of SOSAR came out in that uncharacteristic gesture....edit: PS: look at the look on Niner coach Mooch's face after the throat slash. He knew it was over!!!

Enjoy...

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vrXnzNn8nKU

This was me, halfway through, seeing Bruce on the sidelines...

View: https://youtu.be/JLslqugYoD4

Last edited:

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
Great list! Someone mentioned Bruce and the Niners, I would add this performance as the REAL start of the GSOT, week 5, 1999, the dagger in the heart of the Niner 18-year Dynasty. Specifically, “the throat slash.”

Watch touchdown #2 in this montage of that day. All the emotion of SOSAR came out in that uncharacteristic gesture....edit: PS: look at the look on Niner coach Mooch's face after the throat slash. He knew it was over!!!

Enjoy...

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vrXnzNn8nKU

This was me, halfway through, seeing Bruce on the sidelines...

View: https://youtu.be/JLslqugYoD4

That season didn't mean anything, until we beat the whiners.
Huge day for all Ram fans

LARams_1963

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
greg
Why Bruce's game winning TD does not dominate the conversation is beyond me. Underthrown pass, weaving through traffic, Hakim helps with the block, 2 min to go, the dome was going crazy in Atlanta (I was there)...man, we win our only super bowl....hard for me to believe it isn't head and shoulders #1....

Yes, Mike Jones 'saved' the victory, but didn't make the victory.
Ya, Waddy's was bigger than Proehl's to me, too....
Until I read your post I was thinking exactly the same thing... And I was at the game with you ;)

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Isaac Bruce SB winning TD.

Yes, there are other great plays...

But that was the best play for this team - ever - by one of the ultimate all time great Rams in both cities.
The Reverend.
Isaac Muthafucking Bruce. #80.
The G.R.O.A.T.

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Why Bruce's game winning TD does not dominate the conversation is beyond me. Underthrown pass, weaving through traffic, Hakim helps with the block, 2 min to go, the dome was going crazy in Atlanta (I was there)...man, we win our only super bowl....hard for me to believe it isn't head and shoulders #1....

Yes, Mike Jones 'saved' the victory, but didn't make the victory.
Ya, Waddy's was bigger than Proehl's to me, too....

End thread.

The momentum was ALL with the Titans. We had been shut out in the 2nd half and the Titans were feeling great - then Ike ripped out their soul with what should be known as the greatest play in Super Bowl history.

Although I guess I can't blame non Rams fans for forgetting it when actual Rams fans don't even have it as our greatest play ever.

Farr Be It

Hall of Fame
End thread.

The momentum was ALL with the Titans. We had been shut out in the 2nd half and the Titans were feeling great - then Ike ripped out their soul with what should be known as the greatest play in Super Bowl history.

Although I guess I can't blame non Rams fans for forgetting it when actual Rams fans don't even have it as our greatest play ever.
I think most of us would pick that play. I would. A thread like this usually causes guys to add other plays, though, just to make it more interesting.

But if it added a poll, I think the poll would be 75% Bruce’s Super Bowl TD.

coconut

Pro Bowler
Name
coconut
End thread.

I think Bruce's catch made Titans fans crap their pants whereas Mike Jones tackle "ripped out their soul". IMO

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Wilkins can't kick a 47 yarder?

The TD forced the Bucs to score a TD of their own though.

If you remember they were deep in Rams territory (I just looked it up they were at the 22) and King took a sack that moved them back 13 yards.

At 1:25 to go in the 4th on first down the Bucs are NOT passing if they are down 8-6. They are running a couple of times until the clock winds down then calling a TO and kicking a short FG.

The Rams went for 2 after the TD in order to extend the lead to 7 points just in case.

SteveBrown

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve
The TD forced the Bucs to score a TD of their own though.

If you remember they were deep in Rams territory (I just looked it up they were at the 22) and King took a sack that moved them back 13 yards.

At 1:25 to go in the 4th on first down the Bucs are NOT passing if they are down 8-6. They are running a couple of times until the clock winds down then calling a TO and kicking a short FG.

The Rams went for 2 after the TD in order to extend the lead to 7 points just in case.
Yep, you are right....I would hope they wouldn't have let King past their own 30 yard line if Wilkins was forced to make it.....but yep, they drove it down there.