NFC QB Tiers

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Rather than tier them; what is your “I want him as my QB this season order”?

Stafford
Hurts
Goff
Cousins
Dak
Jones
Geno
Carr
Fields
Murray
Turdy
Young
Mayfield
Love
Ridder
Howell

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma

Stafford
Hurts
Goff
Cousins
Dak
Jones
Geno
Carr
Fields
Murray
Turdy
Young
Mayfield
Love
Ridder
Howell

Howell is a hell of a lot better than the last five ahead of him. No offense to Mayfield, but he’s far too inconsistent. Love? Ridder? Purdy? Nah, I’m taking Howell.

Anyone who knows me knows that I hate how Washington under the Snyder years was handled. Howell was not one of them; he was far too talented and athletic to fall to the fifth round, and I wanted him badly.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
Win or go home playoff game. Two minutes left. Needing a touchdown to win. Field goal won't do it. Which NFC quarterback would you want in that situation?

Me? Stafford and it ain't close.

dang

Legend

Stafford
Hurts
Goff
Cousins
Dak
Jones
Geno
Carr
Fields
Murray
Turdy
Young
Mayfield
Love
Ridder
Howell
I’m going to eliminate the bottom 5 from playoff contention just because of their projected starting QB.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Stafford and Goff might be the best two on that list.

No way Cousins and Prescott are on the same level as Stafford.

Hurts has had one year where he played well. Not great.

Ramrasta

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Name
Tyler
That list has zero consideration for supporting cast and shows obvious recency bias.

Stafford #1; then there is a tier below him with nobody on it, and then the rest of these jokers can slot in.

Haden

Kurt Warner for President
Name
Dave
Are you trolling this board :)
Nah, I love the Rams. Sometimes you gotta call it like it is. Stafford was a shell of his former self last year, but it doesn't help when you are coming off injury and your line is a sieve. I'm hoping for a major rebound this year.

Haden

Kurt Warner for President
Name
Dave

Stafford
Hurts
Goff
Cousins
Dak
Jones
Geno
Carr
Fields
Murray
Turdy
Young
Mayfield
Love
Ridder
Howell
This is a great list if Stafford is 100% healthy.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Nah, I love the Rams. Sometimes you gotta call it like it is. Stafford was a shell of his former self last year, but it doesn't help when you are coming off injury and your line is a sieve. I'm hoping for a major rebound this year.

I have a problem with this concept. Stafford wasn’t a shell of his former self last season. People should stop saying that.

Stafford was injured and his Oline was injured, and not very good. His injury affected his ability to fully practice in OTAs and Camp. So he was rusty on top of that.

I don’t understand how people think they can know that he suddenly turned into a pile of shit after just having the greatest playoff run, winning the Super Bowl with one legitimate weapon available. Give him a healthy year with a decent supporting cast and then you can fairly judge him. If any of the QBs on that list dealt with what Stafford did, people would say they get a mulligan.

But do you know what none of the other QBs did on that list? None put their team on their back and won a Super Bowl, only a year and 3 months ago, and I doubt that any of them could do it under similar circumstances.

Tano

Legend
I have a problem with this concept. Stafford wasn’t a shell of his former self last season. People should stop saying that.

Stafford was injured and his Oline was injured, and not very good. His injury affected his ability to fully practice in OTAs and Camp. So he was rusty on top of that.

I don’t understand how people think they can know that he suddenly turned into a pile of shit after just having the greatest playoff run, winning the Super Bowl with one legitimate weapon available. Give him a healthy year with a decent supporting cast and then you can fairly judge him. If any of the QBs on that list dealt with what Stafford did, people would say they get a mulligan.

But do you know what none of the other QBs did on that list? None put their team on their back and won a Super Bowl, only a year and 3 months ago, and I doubt that any of them could do it under similar circumstances.
Goff would have gotten them to the championship game but I doubt we would have beaten the 49ers with Goff (they had his number)

Edit - of course that would have been dependent on Goff getting his head back on straight after what happened to him in 2020

nighttrain

Legend
Goff would have gotten them to the championship game
I think Jared might've taken us the way with McVay as Coach,
(and our two first rounders and the third)those three picks would have gotten Goff the best running back in the draft)
train

dang

Legend

That’s why Rams need to continue strengthening the OL. It’s the key to an effective run game and keeping Stafford upright. I see a major upgrade at LT next year and a valid solution at OC resulting in something like the following OL next year: New LT/McClendan/Avila/Bruss or AJax/Hav.

nighttrain

Legend
That’s why Rams need to continue strengthening the OL. It’s the key to an effective run game and keeping Stafford upright. I see a major upgrade at LT next year and a valid solution at OC resulting in something like the following OL next year: New LT/McClendan/Avila/Bruss or AJax/Hav.
Strengthening the OL is what I'd like to see the Rams and McVay put on the front burner, the finesse lineman have to work perfectly to succeed and it's hard for this type of lineman to stay healthy for 17 games, let alone 20
train

CanadaRam

No guts, No glory.
Name
Andrew
To me there are at least 5 AFC QBs ahead of the best NFC QB
  1. Mahomes
  2. Burrow
  3. Herbert
  4. Allen
  5. Rodgers
There are a few more where arguments could be made
  1. Jackson
  2. Wilson
  3. Watson
  4. Lawrence
The debate of tiers in the NFC is hard as there is no tier 1 QB in the NFC right now. Hurts and Stafford may be on same level based on last year performance and predicting that Hurts may still be on an upward trend whereas Stafford may be declining. But both would likely be tier 3 if all NFL QBs were included

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Strengthening the OL is what I'd like to see the Rams and McVay put on the front burner, the finesse lineman have to work perfectly to succeed and it's hard for this type of lineman to stay healthy for 17 games, let alone 20
train
Exactly. They need some body movers. I would love another top pick on the Oline next year. If the Rams are bad, but no t bad enough to move up for the top two QBs, then give me OLT Olu Fashanu please. Between Olu, Avila, and Aleric Jackson they would have the foundation of a great Oline.

Giles

Pro Bowler
Name
Giles

Flacco also put his team on his back and had a better post season run than Stafford...did that stop ppl from thinking he wasn't just a average qb? Of course it didn't.
Injuries can be a direct cause to a player being a shell of what they were (Gurley) and i highly doubt he's still 100% healthy. I doubt he ever will be again.
Stafford was horrible last year he turned the ball over a ton, didn't score, and the offense was worse than the fisher era offenses even with him on the field. We could all make excuses as to why a player played good or bad but this is a what have you done for me lately league and lately Stafford isn't it.

Tano

Legend
I think Jared might've taken us the way with McVay as Coach,
(and our two first rounders and the third)those three picks would have gotten Goff the best running back in the draft)
train
Goff definitely could have beaten Arizona and probably Tampa

SF would have been a close game. Just not sure Goff would have taken us over the hump and I am a Goff fan.

However, I would put it at 50 50 and maybe Donald and Miller would have come up with a big play to put us over the hump.

nighttrain

Legend
Goff definitely could have beaten Arizona and probably Tampa

SF would have been a close game. Just not sure Goff would have taken us over the hump and I am a Goff fan.

However, I would put it at 50 50 and maybe Donald and Miller would have come up with a big play to put us over the hump.
when we played New England in the Super Bowl the loss was on McVay, he was out coached by Bellicheat.
train

muggmeister

Rookie
Wow, the QB situation in the NFC is not good lol. I'm sure the NFL is hoping that Caleb and Maye are drafted in the NFC so there is some good QB matchups going forward, like there is in the AFC. Any list that doesn't have the Superbowl winning Stafford at 1st tier is just wrong.
Here's a fucking hilarious scenario, what if Tua can't get past game 2 and the Dolphins and Raiders end up with the top 2 picks next year and Caleb Williams and whoever is the #2 QB prospect end up going to the AFC?