NFC Playoff Team losses

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
(1) (13-3) Saints were 3-1 against playoff teams. 1 loss was to a playoff team and 2 losses were to losers (Buccs & Panthers) (1 of 3 losses on the road)

(2) (13-3) Rams 4-3 against playoff teams. ALL 3 losses came to playoff teams, and none to losers (2 of 3 losses on the road)

(3) (12-4) Bears were 2-1 against playoff teams. 1 loss was to a playoff team and 3 losses were to losers (Dolphins, Giants, & Packers) (3 of 4 losses on the road)

(4) (10-6) Cowboys were 3-3 against playoff teams. 3 losses to playoff teams and 3 losses to losers (Titans, Redskins, & Panthers). (5 of 6 losses on the road)

(5) (10-6) Hawks are 2-4 against playoff teams. 4 losses were to playoff teams and 2 losses were to losers (Niners & Broncos) (4 of 6 losses on the road)

(6) (9-7) Eagles were 3-3 against playoff teams. 3 losses to playoff teams and 4 losses to losers (Buccs, Titans, Vikings & Panthers) (4 of 7 losses on the road)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Rams beat all losing teams they should have beaten this year, and all other NFC playoff teams lost to teams they should have beaten. Two of the Saints three losses were in the Super Dome, however one of those was a gimme game when resting starters. Still, the Rams can beat these teams..ANY of them, imo.

Last edited:

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Rams are the most battle tested.

Bears and Cowboys the least.

Against playoff teams that is. Interesting.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Rams are the most battle tested.

Bears and Cowboys the least.

Against playoff teams that is. Interesting.

I do think all the playoff-level opponent tests the Rams faced this season have greatly benefitted our young QB and he's grown enormously because of it.

But I also believe defense tends to translate best to the playoffs. With the Bears in particular that fact plus the Rams going in without their top wideout and TG hobbled is a really bad mix.

If the Rams can morph into a more ball controlled offense here at this late stage (which they have done with CJ Anderson's addition vs lesser opponents in a small sample), and if their defense can get serious with their run fits, they'll still be able to play with anyone.

So whatever happens I'm a happy fan. I'm just glad we have a chance, basically. Not going to get all hyped up like we're heads and shoulders above the other teams, because we're not. But we have a chance and that's all you can ask for tbh. (y)

Steve808

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve
One important thing for the Rams is not to get down in games. Our defense is Taylor made to play from ahead with the pass rushers so it will be vital for the Rams to get physical, run the ball some, and score first if at all possible.

Our first playoff game will either be the bears or the sea pigeons/cowgirls winner. The Bears offense doesn't scare me that much. I think I would rather play the Bears than the Sea pigeons again, although sweeping them 3 times would be SHWEEEEET. I think the sea pigeons might match up well with the Saints.

Name
Victor
I do think all the playoff-level opponent tests the Rams faced this season have greatly benefitted our young QB and he's grown enormously because of it.

But I also believe defense tends to translate best to the playoffs. With the Bears in particular that fact plus the Rams going in without their top wideout and TG hobbled is a really bad mix.

If the Rams can morph into a more ball controlled offense here at this late stage (which they have done with CJ Anderson's addition vs lesser opponents in a small sample), and if their defense can get serious with their run fits, they'll still be able to play with anyone.

So whatever happens I'm a happy fan. I'm just glad we have a chance, basically. Not going to get all hyped up like we're heads and shoulders above the other teams, because we're not. But we have a chance and that's all you can ask for tbh. (y)

Solid post

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
(1) (13-3) Saints were 3-1 against playoff teams. 1 loss was to a playoff team and 2 losses were to losers (Buccs & Panthers) (1 of 3 losses on the road)

(2) (13-3) Rams 4-3 against playoff teams. ALL 3 losses came to playoff teams, and none to losers (2 of 3 losses on the road)

(3) (12-4) Bears were 2-1 against playoff teams. 1 loss was to a playoff team and 3 losses were to losers (Dolphins, Giants, & Packers) (3 of 4 losses on the road)

(4) (10-6) Cowboys were 3-3 against playoff teams. 3 losses to playoff teams and 3 losses to losers (Titans, Redskins, & Panthers). (5 of 6 losses on the road)

(5) (10-6) Hawks are 2-4 against playoff teams. 4 losses were to playoff teams and 2 losses were to losers (Niners & Broncos) (4 of 6 losses on the road)

(6) (9-7) Eagles were 3-3 against playoff teams. 3 losses to playoff teams and 4 losses to losers (Buccs, Titans, Vikings & Panthers) (4 of 7 losses on the road)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Rams beat all losing teams they should have beaten this year, and all other NFC playoff teams lost to teams they should have beaten. Two of the Saints three losses were in the Super Dome, however one of those was a gimme game when resting starters. Still, the Rams can beat these teams..ANY of them, imo.

Nice work @LoyalRam and thank you for doing it.

I agree that the Rams can't beat any of these teams. I also think NO and CHI can too. The other 3 have no real shot to get to the SB.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
One important thing for the Rams is not to get down in games. Our defense is Taylor made to play from ahead with the pass rushers so it will be vital for the Rams to get physical, run the ball some, and score first if at all possible.

Our first playoff game will either be the bears or the sea pigeons/cowgirls winner. The Bears offense doesn't scare me that much. I think I would rather play the Bears than the Sea pigeons again, although sweeping them 3 times would be SHWEEEEET. I think the sea pigeons might match up well with the Saints.

In the final 8 games Seattle gave up an average of 23 points per game. Take away the outlier and it ticks up to 26. Their defense has not been as impressive as many perceive.