NFC Championship game: Keys to Rams victory

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

“Turbo set!”

Pro Bowler
I am not going to select a player. I am going to choose a coach.

The key is Morris. I am sure he is going to view tape from the past six games vs. SF which the Rams lost all. He needs to figure out how to slow their offense.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
If there is a lead, it's not big enough. The Buccaneers should've taught us that. Do not play conservative; step on their fucking throats hard and don't ever let up until all sixty minutes are up.

Q729

Legend
If there is a lead, it's not big enough. The Buccaneers should've taught us that. Do not play conservative; step on their fucking throats hard and don't ever let up until all sixty minutes are up.
The fuckstickeners should've taught us before that!

sacram

UDFA
I am not going to select a player. I am going to choose a coach.

The key is Morris. I am sure he is going to view tape from the past six games vs. SF which the Rams lost all. He needs to figure out how to slow their offense.
It all comes down to the lines. The Oline has to be able to handle the 4 man rushes, which they failed miserably at in the season finale. They also have to have some semblance of a running game, and on the other side of the ball have to limit the running game, so that the Niners can't have those 7-8-9 plus minute drives. If the lines step up, we should win.

oldnotdead

Legend
Warner is saying what I'm saying. McVay and Stafford have to change how they play. Read progression should be medium to short to get the ball out quick. That will beat the blitz and the Niners will back off of that. That will give Matt time to look medium to deep. But essentially is both McVay and Stafford must be patient.

When Kurt was talking about the 49er offense, did you see how Morris played with only one ILB on most of the plays? They are a run first team. As long as you have only Reeder or Howard behind the DL They will continue to run. Morris makes it too easy for them.

The Rams must win on the coaching level to win this game. That is essentially what I've been saying. McVay must change how he and Stafford play. Morris must do likewise.

SWAdude

And don't call me Shirley
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
John
The only change McVay needs to lead on is keep playing like we have a one score lead. All the way to the end. And he alluded to that mistake in yesterdays presser. We dominated that last game against the whiners. Until they went 7-9 on them.

I think Morris is very under rated with this fan base.

RAMSinLA

Hall of Fame
Niners will force Stafford to check down the niners play a lot of zone but this is where Cam can excel. I expect a big game for both Cam Akers and Soni.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Niners don't blitz much. Have to dial up ways to run on them and get their LB's guessing in coverage vs the pass.

Both AZ and TB blitz alot. That played right into the strengths of our offense. The four man Niner rush has always been a problem.

As to our D, shed blocks and force their ball carriers into crowded lanes. When SF starts getting hat on hat our D starts reacting too much instead of attacking. Then there's that Jimmy G 3rd down and whatever fucking slant pass that somehow no one sees coming or can defend. Maddening.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I know it was Akers first game back but Michel's hard low, spinning, diving running style worked better against the Niners. I hope McVay doesn't forget about Sony in this game. He needs some carries to get rolling.

I expect the Niners to come out all hyped up and playing hard and out of their mind. But, I don't think they will be able to play like that for long. If the Rams don't waste possessions and don't turn the ball over, they will win. If they get behind early then its going to be tough.

OregonRamsFan

All Horned Up
Rams On Demand Sponsor
We have to play pissed off and meaner than we ever have. We have to consider this game our Super Bowl. Leave nothing on the field. Punish Deebos legs. They are a little tender from GB. Blood and guts, baby! We almost had them last time. We won’t make the same mistakes this time.

Classic Rams

Hall of Fame
Start off strong like the last 3 games. Keep whiner offense off the field by moving the ball and getting 1st downs. Own the clock. Get their offense out of rhythm when whiners take the field. Don't let them sustain drives and screw up their 3rd down %. it's all very possible.

Have a good 4th quarter lead. If all else fails, get the ball in Stafford's hands for another great comeback. He is very much qualified for these as we know.

Last edited:

Flint

Pro Bowler
Ditch the empty set, the rams love to use it but it’s like blood in the water for SF. I hope McVay can keep his head and not go crazy even if it means playing conservative, the niner offense has been nothing to get excited about lately so make them earn everything they get.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
NFL network replayed the week 17 Rams/Niners game Friday night.

Things I noticed:

Beckham was still not completely on the same page as Stafford.

The Rams offensive line got pushed around in the second half of that game.

The three and outs by the Rams offense gassed their D. Once the Rams settled down and the defense got rest they played better. Allowing that long drive when the Niners tan on every play cannot happen. It freshened up their defense and it wore the Rams defense down.

Passing is the way to go against the Niners but they need to have outlets for the Niners pass rush.

I’d play to stop the run.

RamWoodie

Legend
The only thing that will shake me about this game, is TURNOVERS!!! I'd like to see the Rams have ZERO...particularly Stafford!!!

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
Something I feel might be relevant this week… OBJ, Kupp and Akers can all REALLY throw the ball.

Might need a trick play or two.

FaulkSF

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
FaulkSF
I would also advise our safeties to line up within 10-12 yards of the line of scrimmage. Dare Jimmy to beat you with his arm.

If you remember, this is how we used to play D against Seattle back in the Fisher days before they had Metcalf.