Next Year: Roll Dice on Bradford or draft Pick?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Next Year do we Roll Dice on...

• Draft Pick

Votes: 81 81.0%
  • Bradford

Votes: 19 19.0%

• Total voters

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
There will probably be other options. You can draft one, sign one in FA, or trade for one. Either way.

fearsomefour

Legend
Not an either or to me. Whether Bradford stays or not (just looking at it it would seem not likely....but who knows) really depends on what other options are there. A draft pick, no matter how good, is likely to set the Rams back several years. They are the youngest team in the NFL, so, it wouldnt be the worst thing. If Hill does very well this year then he will demand a major raise next year, as will any vet worth signing.
Bradford counts $16M I think vs the cap next year, 11th or 12 in the league. What is the saving if he is cut, if he restructures, what is his long term prognosis, who is available in the draft, FA market....a lot of things to consider.

MFaulk107

The Realness
Id keep Bradford, and get a high pick. Bradford will be more glass than ever, but will still be good.

ViperLjs

Rookie
???
I guess for me it all comes down to...who's on the board when we pick?
We need to hope that the QB class is deep, because I doubt we pick higher than 8-9. The question among the fanbase and media will likely be, "How much are Snead and Fisher willing to give up for Marcus Mariota?"

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
With as bad as some teams looked in the preseason, Marcus Mariota would have to... commit multiple felonies to drop to the Rams.... and even then, I'm not sure.

Ramrasta

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Name
Tyler
We will take the best QB available. I don't believe in an RG3 type trade to get a QB because if they bust, so too does your future. I think we restructure Bradford, draft someone, and shop the free agent market as well.

Joeluke9

Rookie
You guys are kidding yourselves if you think we have a chance to be picking in the top ten. Barring an injury to Hill, Quinn, or JL, there's no way we pick higher than 18-20 IMO

Bluesy

Reppin' the Rams since 2000
Name
Kyle
There will probably be other options. You can draft one, sign one in FA, or trade for one. Either way.

No doubt there will be. Who knows, Davis or Gilbert might step up as well. Don't lose hope.

You guys are kidding yourselves if you think we have a chance to be picking in the top ten. Barring an injury to Hill, Quinn, or JL, there's no way we pick higher than 18-20 IMO

Nice to hear some enthusiasm for a change, thank you.

BKBISTRO

UDFA
From TST:

Unfortunately, he's correct...
If moved to IR, his full cap hit for 2014 remains ….17.61 million
If released, the Rams save 7.19 million on their 2014 salary cap

I wonder what we are going to do with him?

A55VA6

Legend
I'm going with draft pick or FA pickup.

Here is a list of free agent QB's next offseason:
http://www.kffl.com/static/nfl/features/freeagents/fa.php?y=2015

Not really excited about that list, so going in to the draft I would love Marcus Mariota from Oregon or Brett Hundley from UCLA. The problem is I doubt the Rams will suck enough to be in position to draft one of them so it would require a trade up.. which would come at a big price the Rams wouldn't want to pay unless they're in absolute love with one of them.

If the Rams choose to go QB and they don't trade up for one.. they better find a Russell Wilson or something. This team needs a franchise QB.. Sam Bradford's time is finally up..

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Keep Bradford if he is cheap....However, the Bradford trial is over. No more trusting our future to his fragile health.

jjab360

Legend
I'm going with draft pick or FA pickup.

Here is a list of free agent QB's next offseason:
http://www.kffl.com/static/nfl/features/freeagents/fa.php?y=2015

Not really excited about that list, so going in to the draft I would love Marcus Mariota from Oregon or Brett Hundley from UCLA. The problem is I doubt the Rams will suck enough to be in position to draft one of them so it would require a trade up.. which would come at a big price the Rams wouldn't want to pay unless they're in absolute love with one of them.

If the Rams choose to go QB and they don't trade up for one.. they better find a Russell Wilson or something. This team needs a franchise QB.. Sam Bradford's time is finally up..
Watching QBs right now, I like this Sean Mannion kid. Marcus Mariota and Bryce Petty are all over the place, no thanks to either one.

JCK363

Behind Enemy Lines
Name
John
I think the right choice is both. If it is humanly possible for Sam to be back on the field next summer, we know he will do what it takes to be there. I also don't think he would take it as a lack of confidence to have a QB drafted next year like he might have this last draft. We can't afford to have all our eggs in one basket again, but I'm willing to bet Sam works as hard to make the team (assuming he is physically able and the Rams are financially able) as any rookie QB would. There should be a quality successor however, should Sam go down to injury or to watch, learn, and eventually take the reins from Sam if he should be able to come back and lead the team for a few years.