NEW: St. Louis Rams Pro Bowl Snubs Article and Analyis

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

STL-Rams

Starter
Hope you guys enjoy this analysis. Also included some great highlight videos that I think everyone will enjoy...

<a class="postlink" href="http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1002058-pro-bowl-snubs-3-st-louis-rams-overlooked-for-2012-nfl-pro-bowl" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1002 ... l-pro-bowl</a>

bluecoconuts

Legend
I'm hoping that those guys are able to go as alternates because they all deserve it in my eyes. I also think that Mikell deserved to get a nod. Strong on tackles, good coverage, few picks, 5 forced fumbles which gives him 3rd in the entire NFL (there's a tie for first with 6).... The biggest thing about those FF though is that everyone else near him on the list are OLB and DE.... Mikell does it as a safety.

He had a quiet year in terms of nobody really noticing him, but he put up probowl numbers if you ask me. Just like Long, JL, and SJ. If it was my choice they would have gone.

STL-Rams

Starter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
bluecoconuts said:
I'm hoping that those guys are able to go as alternates because they all deserve it in my eyes. I also think that Mikell deserved to get a nod. Strong on tackles, good coverage, few picks, 5 forced fumbles which gives him 3rd in the entire NFL (there's a tie for first with 6).... The biggest thing about those FF though is that everyone else near him on the list are OLB and DE.... Mikell does it as a safety.

He had a quiet year in terms of nobody really noticing him, but he put up probowl numbers if you ask me. Just like Long, JL, and SJ. If it was my choice they would have gone.

Thanks for the read and comments. I agree, all played at a pro bowl level, although SJ39 did it over an 11 game period.

In a liberal sense, loosely, they were snubs.

However, in a stricter sense, none were true snubs in that they were clearly more deserving (to me) than others who made it. They all could have and perhaps at least a couple should have, but none were "obvious" choices.

bluecoconuts

Legend
STL-Rams said:
bluecoconuts said:

Thanks for the read and comments. I agree, all played at a pro bowl level, although SJ39 did it over an 11 game period.

However, in a stricter sense, none were true snubs in that they were clearly more deserving (to me) than others who made it. They all could have and perhaps at least a couple should have, but none were "obvious" choices.

Yeah, that's how I felt. I hope that at least one of them will be able to go rep the Rams for whatever reason, at least they're all alternates.

STL-Rams

Starter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
bluecoconuts said:
STL-Rams said:
bluecoconuts said:

I hope so, too.... I think it would mean a ton for any of the three, but particularly the would-be first timers: Long and JL.

Yeah, that's how I felt. I hope that at least one of them will be able to go rep the Rams for whatever reason, at least they're all alternates.

Anonymous

I hope no Rams go since no one watches it and it would be our bad luck for a good player.......to get injured. No thanks.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
The Pro Bowl is a joke. All-Pro awards are what truly separate the elite from the rest.