New Quarterback

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
Wow. Just look at that... I can't believe Bradford was rookie of the year on that squad. I will beat this drum but there are a lot of guys who were good QB prospects ruined by bad teams. I don't think Bradford got ruined but he was never put in a position to realize his potential and I think we capped his ceiling too early with our poor offensive players.

Part of the problem too was coaching malpractice by both Prevent Offense Pat and later Schotty in turning Sam into Checkdown Charlie. There was a confluence of negative factors keeping him from getting to his potential even before his ACL screwed him and the Rams.

Psycho_X

Legend
We really need a decent TE in the passing game. I like Kendricks who is a wonderful blocker but an average receiver with suspect hands at times. True stud receiving TEs are hard to come by but just a good receiving TE would do wonders for our offense and help a lot with the lack of a true top shelf WR. With a decent o-line, healthy Gurley, and a QB capable of making all the throws we can get by with Britt and Tavon if we had a good receiving TE. That's my number 1 wish after the QB being worth the number 1 pick is that we find a decent TE in the later half of the draft.

ArkyRamsFan

Pro Bowler
We really need a decent TE in the passing game. I like Kendricks who is a wonderful blocker but an average receiver with suspect hands at times. True stud receiving TEs are hard to come by but just a good receiving TE would do wonders for our offense and help a lot with the lack of a true top shelf WR. With a decent o-line, healthy Gurley, and a QB capable of making all the throws we can get by with Britt and Tavon if we had a good receiving TE. That's my number 1 wish after the QB being worth the number 1 pick is that we find a decent TE in the later half of the draft.

Tyler Higbee in the 4th. He should be available after his recent troubles with the law.

Psycho_X

Legend

Tyler Higbee in the 4th. He should be available after his recent troubles with the law.

I don't know, assault and fleeing police.... we sure he won't be doing time instead of playing football. He gave a dude a brain hemorrhage for goodness sakes. He's lucky the guy didn't die and been charged with manslaughter. There seemed to be conflicting reports about what happened exactly last time I heard about it so not sure if things have changed but this would be an issue for being drafted at all unless the situation gets less muddled before the draft.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I think the Rams come out of this draft with a possession option for the passing game that sticks on the roster, a guy like Higgins or Higbee or Williams etc. And I think that other round 4 pick will be a center, which also should have value barring a run on the position, a line leader like Allen of Michigan St or road grader like Boehm should be there.

If they can get one receiving piece at either TE or WR, boost the interior line competition at center, and hit on the QB at the top this team has enough to compete for this season. They have two legit weapons and a slew of guys who might step up of which only one really needs to. And if they can get Boldin in here, they will be good to go because he's still a top possession receiver in this league.

ArkyRamsFan

Pro Bowler
I don't know, assault and fleeing police.... we sure he won't be doing time instead of playing football. He gave a dude a brain hemorrhage for goodness sakes. He's lucky the guy didn't die and been charged with manslaughter. There seemed to be conflicting reports about what happened exactly last time I heard about it so not sure if things have changed but this would be an issue for being drafted at all unless the situation gets less muddled before the draft.

Psycho,
Yeah, this situation could get ugly fast but let's remember that Fish has actually done pretty well with guys like this. If Higbee gets off with probation in lieu of jail time his stock may drop enough for the Rams to give him a shot. Many had him creeping into the 3rd round so he would have value in the 4th or 5th at this point.

nighttrain

Legend
dont know anything about this, but what if the other guy started it?
train

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
This should be fun:

Sam Bradford's first year:
QB: SB
RB: SJ
WR: Donnie Avery (Mark Clayton for a game or two I think before he was injured)
Slot WR: Danny Amendola
WR: Brandon Gibson
TE: Daniel Fells (Was Randy McMichaels on this squad?)
Oline: Rodger Saffold, Adam Goldberg, Jacob Bell, XXX, Jason Smith

Can't remember who the other guard was...

Goff's first year (Everything's pointing to Goff boys!):
QB: Goff
RB: Gurley
WR: Tavon Austin
Slot Wr: Bradley Marquez
WR: Kenny Britt
TE: Lance Kendricks
Oline: Grob, Rodger Saffold, Tim Barnes, Jamon Brown, Rob Havenstein

Wow. Just look at that... I can't believe Bradford was rookie of the year on that squad. I will beat this drum but there are a lot of guys who were good QB prospects ruined by bad teams. I don't think Bradford got ruined but he was never put in a position to realize his potential and I think we capped his ceiling too early with our poor offensive players.

It wasn't an OG. It was Jason Brown at Center. It's incredible the difference between the two OLs and the supporting casts. Some will say that we haven't come far but I think there's a massive difference. The OL is better, the HB is better, and our WRs have far higher potential.

I should also note that Donnie Avery wasn't the guy at WR. He tore his ACL in the preseason. It was Laurent Robinson.

Name
Roger Stern
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
My point jerry. Our new qb is lught years ahead of Bradford as far as supporting cast

ReddingRam

Hall of Fame
I think the Rams come out of this draft with a possession option for the passing game that sticks on the roster, a guy like Higgins or Higbee or Williams etc. And I think that other round 4 pick will be a center, which also should have value barring a run on the position, a line leader like Allen of Michigan St or road grader like Boehm should be there.

If they can get one receiving piece at either TE or WR, boost the interior line competition at center, and hit on the QB at the top this team has enough to compete for this season. They have two legit weapons and a slew of guys who might step up of which only one really needs to. And if they can get Boldin in here, they will be good to go because he's still a top possession receiver in this league.
I am thinking we come out of this with one of Lawler, Higgins or Payton. ......

Psycho_X

Legend
dont know anything about this, but what if the other guy started it?
train

Oh definitely, and he said the other guy got in his girlfriends face or something like that but that won't necessarily get him off. But even if no charges are put against him it comes down to whether or not the situation is settled before the draft.

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
See, I wanted a QB upgrade AND to use picks to upgrade elsewhere on the team. Specifically, I wanted Lynch, who some think could be the best of the bunch long term. I thought the first and one of the seconds would have moved up for him, and then the Rams would have a second for a receiver, and a third for another hole - and all their picks for next year.

But Snisher felt that Goff or Wentz would be worth all the extra picks. I have my worries, but otoh I'm not sure I'd trust the Rams to develop Lynch properly, so there is that. Just like I'd rather they signed a WR instead of drafting one (actually, I want both).