New Quarterback

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Name
Roger Stern
So I guess it is inevitable that we are getting a new quarterback. Wasn't happy at first but now that it has stewed in my little brain for a while I am getting excited! We have only made one attempt at drafting a franchise quarterback. Bradford had no weapons. No oline.no running back. A horrid defense and his injuries. We now have a great defense. Austin. Gurley. A young gelling oline. Core players are in place. So whomever our new quarterback will be has much better chance for success than before. Jmo but I'm starting to get excited for some playoff football year in and yesr out from now on. GO RAMS

WestCoastRam

Legend
Yeah, I'll say that the nice thing is that this QB will more-than-likely have a good oline, Pro-bowl RB and even arguably better talent at WR than Bradford had when he started out. Jeeze, we really screwed that boy up!

Even SJ was on the downside of his career at that time, getting constantly dinged up and he never really could push the pile.

WestCoastRam

Legend
This should be fun:

Sam Bradford's first year:
QB: SB
RB: SJ
WR: Donnie Avery (Mark Clayton for a game or two I think before he was injured)
Slot WR: Danny Amendola
WR: Brandon Gibson
TE: Daniel Fells (Was Randy McMichaels on this squad?)
Oline: Rodger Saffold, Adam Goldberg, Jacob Bell, XXX, Jason Smith

Can't remember who the other guard was...

Goff's first year (Everything's pointing to Goff boys!):
QB: Goff
RB: Gurley
WR: Tavon Austin
Slot Wr: Bradley Marquez
WR: Kenny Britt
TE: Lance Kendricks
Oline: Grob, Rodger Saffold, Tim Barnes, Jamon Brown, Rob Havenstein

Wow. Just look at that... I can't believe Bradford was rookie of the year on that squad. I will beat this drum but there are a lot of guys who were good QB prospects ruined by bad teams. I don't think Bradford got ruined but he was never put in a position to realize his potential and I think we capped his ceiling too early with our poor offensive players.

Last edited:

Leuzer

Daniel Leu
This should be fun:

Wow. Just look at that... I can't believe Bradford was rookie of the year on that squad. I will beat this drum but there are a lot of guys who were good QB prospects ruined by bad teams. I don't think Bradford got ruined but he was never put in a position to realize his potential and I think we capped his ceiling too early with our poor offensive players.
God, our receivers were awful.
Danario Alexander
Amendola
Gibson
Gilyard
Laurent Robinson
Avery (Tore ACL in preseason against the Pats)
Clayton (played two games then went to IR)
Dominique Curry (forgot he was even on the team; IR).

McMichael was gone. We had Michael Hoomanawanui and Billy Bajema.

Looks like our other guard was John Greco?

This 2016 offense is head and shoulders above that 2010 version.

UKram

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
im just glad we are getting one .... itll be the first season on madden I haven't simmed through just to get a QB in the draft ...I can actually play through now

jjab360

Legend
God, our receivers were awful.
Danario Alexander
Amendola
Gibson
Gilyard
Laurent Robinson
Avery (Tore ACL in preseason against the Pats)
Clayton (played two games then went to IR)
Dominique Curry (forgot he was even on the team; IR).

McMichael was gone. We had Michael Hoomanawanui and Billy Bajema.

Looks like our other guard was John Greco?

This 2016 offense is head and shoulders above that 2010 version.
Our receivers are still pretty bad tbh...

I'm hoping we make one of those mid-draft trades for a veteran.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
So I guess it is inevitable that we are getting a new quarterback. Wasn't happy at first but now that it has stewed in my little brain for a while I am getting excited! We have only made one attempt at drafting a franchise quarterback. Bradford had no weapons. No oline.no running back. A horrid defense and his injuries. We now have a great defense. Austin. Gurley. A young gelling oline. Core players are in place. So whomever our new quarterback will be has much better chance for success than before. Jmo but I'm starting to get excited for some playoff football year in and yesr out from now on. GO RAMS
I'm still not real happy about it. I made no effort to disguise how I wanted this draft to play out, but that's out the window now. Coulda had a top receiver, a top safety, a QB, and a fairly decent #2 receiver in this draft all before the 4th round. But I get it. They wanted to push all of their chips into the center of the table and bet on the idea that they have a complete enough team already and that they have a Franchise grade on both QBs at the top. I still don't agree, but I'm not gonna piss and moan about it. What's done is done. Whoever they draft better damn well stay upright and off the injury list this year or it's finna get ugly.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Well, they could've. Any number of *2nd tier QBs would have been available in rd 2.
*We can say they all suck, but there's no guarantee of that.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I'm still not real happy about it. I made no effort to disguise how I wanted this draft to play out, but that's out the window now. Coulda had a top receiver, a top safety, a QB, and a fairly decent #2 receiver in this draft all before the 4th round. But I get it. They wanted to push all of their chips into the center of the table and bet on the idea that they have a complete enough team already and that they have a Franchise grade on both QBs at the top. I still don't agree, but I'm not gonna pee pee and moan about it. What's done is done. Whoever they draft better damn well stay upright and off the injury list this year or it's finna get ugly.

Philadelphia's Howey Roseman said that they don't think the QB market in College or Free Agency looks too promising in the next 2-3 years. If the Eagles think that is the case, then the chances are pretty good that most teams do. So, if Snead and Fisher agree with that statement, then this is the year to get your QB. Otherwise it could be 3/4 more years to get the QB of the future.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Well, they could've. Any number of *2nd tier QBs would have been available in rd 2.
*We can say they all suck, but there's no guarantee of that.

So, they could replace Keenum with umm, Keenum's clone? If the Rams thought highly enough of the second tier guys they would have just gone in that direction. They went to Cooks pro day and also Prescott's pro day, and I am sure they looked at all of the other QBs. I agree with this move %100. Get the franchise guy now and he will be at the top of his game by 2019.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend

There were more than one poster that hated the move. I don't get why. This team wont go anywhere in the playoffs without a top tier QB. I know this is a risk, but they have to take the risk. Look at playoff teams every year. They all have good QBs. If they don't are out in round 1.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
I'm still not real happy about it. I made no effort to disguise how I wanted this draft to play out, but that's out the window now.
I was in the same camp until about a week before the trade. I like Keenum and think we could have won games with him and some legit weapons, but I trust the coaches more than I trust my gut (for now). So anyway, a couple weeks ago I started watching everything I could on Wentz and Goff to see what all the fuss was about and came away wishing we had a pick in the top 4. I honestly really think both Goff and Wentz have a very good shot at being long term, productive starters. We could use one of those, yes?

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The oline is a question mark and the WR are pretty much a wash, RB is TBD although Gurley has a higher ceiling
All things considered, Wentz/Goff will have a slightly better cast to work with, but not some vast amount different
2010 needed upgrades so does 2016 but I have a feeling the upgrade at QB in 2016 is going to make the rest of the o squad look a lot better

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
2010 OL G's John Greco and Renardo Foster along with rams greats Jason Brown at C, Jacob Bell, Adam Goldberg and Jason Smith.

Pretty amazing Sam Bradford got rookie of the year with that OL.

BigRamFan

Super Bowl XXXVI was rigged!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Craig
I'm still not real happy about it. I made no effort to disguise how I wanted this draft to play out, but that's out the window now. Coulda had a top receiver, a top safety, a QB, and a fairly decent #2 receiver in this draft all before the 4th round. But I get it. They wanted to push all of their chips into the center of the table and bet on the idea that they have a complete enough team already and that they have a Franchise grade on both QBs at the top. I still don't agree, but I'm not gonna pee pee and moan about it. What's done is done. Whoever they draft better damn well stay upright and off the injury list this year or it's finna get ugly.
You summed up my thoughts perfectly, and likely more eloquently. Thanks for saving me the keystrokes @-X-

OnceARam

Hall of Fame
This should be fun:

WR could use anot her TE, but yes our team is light years ahead of where it was.

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
I'll "pee pee and moan" for you -X-. The trade is a "reach" when they could have solidified other positions and with the video of Kroenke speaking out confirms he was instrumental in the decision.

Ram65

Legend

You made a good Case for keeping the draft picks. Unfortunately, it's a QB driven league and there just aren't enough really good ones to go around. The Rams have been wallowing in mediocrity for far to look. Yes,they pushed all the chips but, the Rams are close enough to go for it with a upgrade at QB.

You can't clone a beast like Keenum

Why would you want to?