New QB Time!

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

classicpony

Starter
Name
Jim
We need a new QB the one is so bad even the defense is raising there hands an saying over here!!! Pass it here!

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
What would a new QB do? None of them know this system better than Clemons and he actually executed well. I wouldn't wanna throw a green QB out with these green receivers, either. That's a giant colossal of many mistakes waiting to happen. Don't worry, Clemons won't be the starter when Sam comes back. Don't even try to think about salvaging this season. It ended with Bradford's injury. There is ZERO chance we make the Playoffs. The sooner we just accept that and pray our young guys get the experience they need to be successful next year the easier this will be. Acceptance... just soak it in. It's not happening.

We will stick with Clemons and play common overall football... til' next year. Next year may be a different story but I sure as hell ain't holding my breath after this season's epic collapse.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
What would a new QB do? None of them know this system better than Clemens and he actually executed well. I wouldn't wanna throw a green QB out with these green receivers, either. That's a giant colossal of many mistakes waiting to happen. Don't worry, Clemens won't be the starter when Sam comes back. Don't even try to think about salvaging this season. It ended with Bradford's injury. There is ZERO chance we make the Playoffs. The sooner we just accept that and pray our young guys get the experience they need to be successful next year the easier this will be. Acceptance... just soak it in. It's not happening.

We will stick with Clemens and play common overall football... til' next year. Next year may be a different story but I sure as hell ain't holding my breath after this season's epic collapse.

If he executed "well", I don't know what executing poorly is. That was one of the worst displays of QBing I've seen in quite awhile. I agree...get the young guys experience. Austin Davis is a young guy.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
If he executed "well", I don't know what executing poorly is. That was one of the worst displays of QBing I've seen in quite awhile. I agree...get the young guys experience. Austin Davis is a young guy.
I've seen worse.
And from starters too.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I've seen worse.
And from starters too.

I haven't. I've seen guys make worse decisions but I've never seen a guy look so completely out of his depth(in recent history). And that's after seeing Josh Freeman a couple weeks ago be unable to hit anything but the field with his wildly inaccurate passes.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I've seen worse.
And from starters too.
Yeah - that's what I came away with after now watching the game four times in its entirety. I've seen lots of starters have worse games. McNabb, Romo, Freeman, Locker, Sanchez, just to name a few.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Yeah - that's what I came away with after now watching the game four times in its entirety. I've seen lots of starters have worse games. McNabb, Romo, Freeman, Locker, Sanchez, just to name a few.
Four times?

And I thought I was obsessed. ..

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Yeah. I just really wanted to see what the team was doing. Funny thing was that the more I watched it, the more settled I became. I really liked what I saw from the run blocking scheme and how Stacy is a quickly smart runner. I actually can't fault KC for the pick when BQ stopped his route. The other was just a really bad throw. But a throw I've seen numerous starting QBs throw the same way. The thing was though, while the game just made me appreciate Sam all the more, I came away much more at ease with Kellen moving forward. Of course it's ONE game. We'll see.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
I haven't. I've seen guys make worse decisions but I've never seen a guy look so completely out of his depth(in recent history). And that's after seeing Josh Freeman a couple weeks ago be unable to hit anything but the field with his wildly inaccurate passes.
Clemens' Game Monday night wasn't no where close to as bad as Freeman's game 2 weeks ago. If you truly believe that maybe you should go back and take a look at some film. Did you hear the announcer's calling out Clemens? No In the Minnesota game by the third quarter they were making it very clear the Freeman should not even be in the game.

If it is just your bias speaking out, you're entitled to your opinion and I would respectfully disagree

On another note the film clip you have of the TA flop is hilarious, I don't think I saw that Monday night. I love the way he pops up after a couple of seconds and no flag.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
I'll take major cr@p here for this, but it's time for a change in coaching staffs. I've lost faith in them, and it extends beyond Shotty, cause it was someone else who picked, hired, directs, and retains Shotty and Walton.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Clemens' Game Monday night wasn't no where close to as bad as Freeman's game 2 weeks ago. If you truly believe that maybe you should go back and take a look at some film. Did you hear the announcer's calling out Clemens? No In the Minnesota game by the third quarter they were making it very clear the Freeman should not even be in the game.

If it is just your bias speaking out, you're entitled to your opinion and I would respectfully disagree

On another note the film clip you have of the TA flop is hilarious, I don't think I saw that Monday night. I love the way he pops up after a couple of seconds and no flag.

I watch plenty of film. I don't pay a lick of attention to announcer's and my opinion being different doesn't mean it comes out of "bias".

Clemens struggled throughout the game to make NFL throws. He did make a couple good ones on the final drive but through most of the game, he looked very inaccurate and inept as a decision maker. When you add in his poor pocket presence and weak arm, the guy didn't look like he belonged on a NFL team with the way he played. He was completely in over his head. And the issue is that the WRs were not blanketed. He just couldn't make the throws.

Freeman was awful. Truly awful. But Freeman was also being forced to pass the ball a ridiculous amount of times because his team was getting shredded on defense and Peterson was bottled up.

Clemens had a dominant run game and a dominant defense and he STILL looked inept. Yep, Freeman was awful...but so was Clemens. And when you consider the circumstances that each player was put into, I think Clemens played a worse game. He just looked completely out of his depth despite his supporting cast having a dominant performance.(well...except for the WRs/TEs dropping some passes they need to catch...especially Givens and Cook)

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook

How did he not execute well? Heck, there was more than one occasion that I felt Clemons scrambled and created time for WR's to come back better than Bradford could've. He also scrambled for positive yards much better than Sam. Remember him rushing for a first down with a defender draped all over him? Yeah, that took guts. What QB is available that will do better? Austin Davis was out played by Clemons and didn't even show enough to register an PS spot. You kidding?

We are not going anywhere this year, Clemons showed enough poise and decision making to stick with him, and why does it really matter if Bradford is still the guy? Whatever QB we start now is going to, at best, be a second string next season. Clemons is the best option. I would actually find it easier to embrace if you said we need better WR's. You know... WR's that actually look for the ball on blitzes and come back to the QB when he buys time to throw? Then you got Cook dropping a big third down and half @ssing his routes. These guys are clueless after 8 weeks...

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
I watch plenty of film. I don't pay a lick of attention to announcer's and my opinion being different doesn't mean it comes out of "bias".

Clemens struggled throughout the game to make NFL throws. He did make a couple good ones on the final drive but through most of the game, he looked very inaccurate and inept as a decision maker. When you add in his poor pocket presence and weak arm, the guy didn't look like he belonged on a NFL team with the way he played. He was completely in over his head. And the issue is that the WRs were not blanketed. He just couldn't make the throws.

Freeman was awful. Truly awful. But Freeman was also being forced to pass the ball a ridiculous amount of times because his team was getting shredded on defense and Peterson was bottled up.

Clemens had a dominant run game and a dominant defense and he STILL looked inept. Yep, Freeman was awful...but so was Clemens. And when you consider the circumstances that each player was put into, I think Clemens played a worse game. He just looked completely out of his depth despite his supporting cast having a dominant performance.(well...except for the WRs/TEs dropping some passes they need to catch...especially Givens and Cook)
I always appreciate this kind of input here at ROD. But the impact of this post is increased frustration on my part.... 'cause I know the coaching staff ain't going to make any changes, and I know that the media won't challenge Snisher, and I know that Fish won't address the issue on his own when speaking to the public. Soooo, we're just left here to take it up the gazoo. Just one more thing we're left here to be confused about... and to have those "in the know" insinuate that we're just not knowledgeable or cognitive enough to understand the underlying reasons for leaving Kellen in as our starter.

Am I missing something here, or am I calling it like it is?

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
I always appreciate this kind of input here at ROD. But the impact of this post is increased frustration on my part.... 'cause I know the coaching staff ain't going to make any changes, and I know that the media won't challenge Snisher, and I know that Fish won't address the issue on his own when speaking to the public. Soooo, we're just left here to take it up the gazoo. Just one more thing we're left here to be confused about... and to have those "in the know" insinuate that we're just not knowledgeable or cognitive enough to understand the underlying reasons for leaving Kellen in as our starter.

Am I missing something here, or am I calling it like it is?
I think you are seeing different opinions here about Clemens performance and who give the Rams the best chance going forward. And, just like every other player. The coaching staff is in the best position to evaluate and decide who they will start.

Are some posters more knowledgeable, do they watch more film, do they do good evaluations. Hell yes.

But in the end we are all just fans.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
If the debate is Freeman vs. Clemens. I watched both games. Freeman was WAY worse. I'm not just talking timing routes, I'm talking scrambling and seeing open receivers running free with tons of separation, and then Freeman missing them by a large margin. I'd take Clemens over Freeman right now. Not even a debate for me. I am NOT saying that Clemens is a great QB, but he and the team had us in a position to win.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I agree with Bart and I also really feel where Stranger is coming from. I'm somewhat in the same boat as Stranger. Although, I think it is a real difficult decision to change OCs in the middle of a season and I'm not quite to the point where I have lost faith in Fish. We'll see how it all plays out this season. I'm certainly frustrated. But at this point, I am also interested to see how this team develops over the course of the remainder of the season.

We played a good game against a very good team. Now. How does the team play against the rest of our schedule. I just can't get a handle on that. I honestly don't know if we go forward or go into the Tenn game and lay an egg.