New OL/DL coaches...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
From LaConfora's twitter..

OL: Paul Boudreau (wasn't he w/ the Rams few years ago?)

DL: Mike Waufle

Waufle has coached the Raiders' DL...and the New York Giants' DL coach. Including the 2007 SB Giants' DL.

ljramsfan

Pro Bowler
Name
LJ
Angry Ram said:

Waufle has coached the Raiders' DL...and the New York Giants' DL coach. Including the 2007 SB Giants' DL.

Yes he was with the Rams in 2006 and 2007. He was thrown under the bus by Linny after the line had all of those injuries.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
Falcons offensive line coach Paul Boudreau released
2:01 pm January 17, 2012, by D. Orlando Ledbetter
http://blogs.ajc.com/atlanta-falcons-bl ... u-released

Falcons offensive line coach Paul Boudreau was relieved of his duties on Tuesday.

Also, the team is expected to announce their new defensive cordinator shortly.

Boudreau joined the Atlanta Falcons coaching staff as offensive line coach in 2008 and spent four seasons with the team.

“We would like to thank Coach Boudreau for his contributions to our team over the past four seasons, and we wish him well in his future endeavors,” said Falcons head coach Mike Smith in a release issued by the Falcons.

Boudreau is the third coach from the offensive side of the ball to leave the team.

Offensive coordinator Mike Mularkey accepted the head coaching position with Jacksonville last Wednesday. Quartebacks coach Bob Bratkowski left to join Mularkey as his offensive coordinator last Friday.

On Sunday, the Falcons named Dirk Koetter as the new offensive coordinator.

The offense didn’t score a point in the 24-2 playoff loss to the New York Giants.

The Falcons’ line scrappy style of play, under Boudreau, drew criticism from opposing teams. Defensive linemen from the Lions, Packers and Giants accused the Falcons of questionable play. New York’s Justin Tuck callled the linemen “dirtbags” leading up the NFC wild-card game.

It didn’t help Boudreau or his unit that they weren’t able to move the Giants off the line of scrimmage on two key fourth-and-short situations against the Giants.

The Falcons contended that they are physical and just block, hit, push and shove until they hear the whistle stop blowing.

Under Boudreau, the Falcons’ offensive line was a finalist last season for John Madden’s most valuable protectors award, which goes to the league’s top line, after the 2010 season.

Also under Boudreau, right tackle Tyson Clabo, a former undrafted college player, went to the Pro Bowl last season.

Before coming to the Falcons, Boudreau, a 26-year NFL coaching veteran, was fired by the St. Louis Rams.

Boudreau, 62, worked with Smith on Jacksonville’s staff from 2003 to 2005.

Boudreau worked previously with the New Orleans Saints (1987-93), Detroit Lions (1994-96), New England Patriots (1997-98), Miami Dolphins (1999-2000), Carolina Panthers (2001-02), Jacksonville (2003-05) and St. Louis (2006-07).

libertadrocks

Hall of Fame
Angry Ram said:

Are these official?

If so, I think both are really solid hires.

Anonymous

libertadrocks said:
Angry Ram said:

Are these official?

I trust JF.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
libertadrocks said:
Angry Ram said:

Are these official?

Pretty sure they are official.

Hope the "dirty" label was more the players than the coach, tho. But the positive is that there's gonna be some meanness to the OL.

Warner4Prez

Hall of Fame
Name
Benny
I was reading some comments from Raiders fans about the departure of Waufle. There was a bit of wailing and gnashing of teeth going on with it. Didn't realize that he was previously with the Giants and Spags, but I imagine his style of line play will compliment Williams' style of aggressive blitzing.

rickrawk

Starter
Name
Rick
So far, I'm liking all of these coaching hires. But I really hope we get a strength and conditioning coach who knows what the hell he's doing!

GO RAMS!!!!

MTRamsFan

Montana is God's Country
Name
Greg
rickrawk said:
So far, I'm liking all of these coaching hires. But I really hope we get a strength and conditioning coach who knows what the hell he's doing!

GO RAMS!!!!

+10000 :nice:

By the way, any other news of other position coaches either committed or being looked at. I am waiting to see in my guy Tim Hauck will be added to the staff as a secondary/safeties coach.

JdashSTL

Pro Bowler
Meh. Not too worried about the comments over the Falcons oline. They definitely took a big step back after losing Dahl. they have always been good at run-blocking (but Turner did struggle this season, dont know how much the OL is at fault for that). It was always looked at as a solid OL IMO.