New: Latest on Kroenke, Rams and NFL in STL

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
But he don't talk. So anything we come up with is pure speculation.

He's talking to Peacock and Blitz. Peacock said that the stadium was built with the Rams input. You can be assured that the NFL and the STL stadium crew know what he wants. He's not just sitting at home with his arms crossed not talking to anyone.

Now, maybe not much direct contact has gone on with Kroenke. But you can damn well bet that he's given Demoff specific instructions to reign over the Rams side of this.

dbrooks25

Pro Bowler
From the Ram's point of view, they were willing during arbitration over Dome upgrades to follow the result of that process...Rams won, and the other side reneged on following the arbitration results...That was it, for the Rams. The current stadium proposal is too little, too late..I get this from what Demoff said recently in ownership meetings, according to anonymous sources.
Yeah, I have no doubt this is how the Rams see it and that's the argument they will make. The question is will the owner's see it that way? And it's no secret that if St. Louis finalizes the financing this thing will get much more complicated, so the too little too late thing doesn't hold much water, imo. We shall see.

dbrooks25

Pro Bowler
So if he chose to stay in the dome out of spite because he got his feelings hurt, what happens with the new stadium?
It doesn't get built, but maybe he then decides to secure his own land and finance his own stadium. If the Rams were to stay, I'm sure Goodell would try hard to persuade Kroenke to do the Riverfront project, however.

dbrooks25

Pro Bowler
He's talking to Peacock and Blitz. Peacock said that the stadium was built with the Rams input. You can be assured that the NFL and the STL stadium crew know what he wants. He's not just sitting at home with his arms crossed not talking to anyone.

Now, maybe not much direct contact has gone on with Kroenke. But you can damn well bet that he's given Demoff specific instructions to reign over the Rams side of this.
No doubt about it, Kroenke is setting himself up to get a great deal no matter what happens.

Pancake

Hall of Fame
Name
Ernie
How much do you guys think the value of the Rams will increase with a new stadium in St. Louis compared to moving to a new stadium in L.A.?

RAGRam

Pro Bowler
From the Ram's point of view, they were willing during arbitration over Dome upgrades to follow the result of that process...Rams won, and the other side reneged on following the arbitration results...That was it, for the Rams. The current stadium proposal is too little, too late..I get this from what Demoff said recently in ownership meetings, according to anonymous sources.

And if the original lease was top tier or the team can move cities that would be a 100% valid argument.

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
I think there is another aspect to this whole thing that has yet to come into play. The NFL's "market study". How the NFL interpets the "market Study", could possibly be the deciding factor for NFL owners. It was already noted of the 126 Corporate Luxury Suites in the Jones, only 86 were occupied last year. I don't know how many are planned for St. Louis' proposed stadium, but Kroenke's planned stadium in LA is scheduled for around 250, some of them seating over 100. the owners love corporate luxury suites, they go for millions. And in LA I 'd be surprised if even one goes unsold. I think is was Brenie Miklatz that wrote about that being one of the reasons for Stan wanting a stadium in LA.
Just saying that "NFL Market Study" is going to be crucial in the way the NFL interprets it. Anyone hear when they are going to release their findings?

The Ripper

Starter
Name
Rip
How much do you guys think the value of the Rams will increase with a new stadium in St. Louis compared to moving to a new stadium in L.A.?

Forbes and Vrooman both said around $ 200 but it will depend on the revenues

The Ripper

Starter
Name
Rip
And if the original lease was top tier or the team can move cities that would be a 100% valid argument.

It was.

"In the event [that] the Facilities and each Component thereof is not First Tier [by] March 1, 2005, or March 1, 2015, the RAMS may by written notice to CVC convert the term of this Amended Lease to an annual tenancy from the date of notice ... with the RAMS having successive unilateral [sic] annual renewal options thereafter until then end of the original term of this Amended Lease.

the RAMS will then be entitled to negotiate and execute a lease with any person or entity and to relocate from [the Edward Jones Dome] as of the end of any year of the lease period."

nighttrain

Legend
We're talking hundreds of millions if Rams move to Los Angeles.
ps as i live in Iowa, no dog in this fight, i actually have liked the viewing times here in Iowa. In Cali games will be much later:(
train

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
Forbes and Vrooman both said around $ 200 but it will depend on the revenues

I've read the value in LA would more than double. Its not wonder Stan wants LA. Who wouldn't if there was an opportunity? I don't know if it will happen but I have a feeling he didn't just come up with the idea recently. I would think he's had teams of advisors looking at this for years determining if they can do it.

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
I'm not an expert by any means, but I feel like people are mislead on the value of the Rams. Of course they're worth more in LA. Everything is. Houses, cars, property, it's all higher in value. Moving a team to a different city doesn't just raise the value overnight. Just in that particular area. Value goes up but so does inflation. They may be worth more in LA, but they will also be more expensive. Ticket prices, parking venues, consession stands, they'll all cost more. But to answer your original question, the Rams probably go over the 1 Billion mark if they get a new stadium. They'll be worth double that in LA.

bluecoconuts

Legend
Just saying that "NFL Market Study" is going to be crucial in the way the NFL interprets it. Anyone hear when they are going to release their findings?

Probably never, I don't think they are very good, so the task forces won't want them released. Teams were probably told not to release them unless the task force wants to.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Also, almost nothing gets done today politically until the last minute, or until there is a hard and fast impending deadline. Procrastination and last minute negotiation are the norm in these circles. This has been consistent in a number of NFL cities (see Minnesota) too. The challenge for St Louis, unlike cities where the teams have been there since their inception, is the perceived lack of commitment of the ownership. (We can only speculate there is no commitment by ownership as SK has not said two words for or against the area. Also, while we all believe SK's actions aren't negotiation tactics, this too is speculation based on his level of communication to media.) Everyone knew the baseball Cardinal were committed to the area and we're going to stay within the St Louis metro area.

In other words, how likely is the prospect of Pittsburgh, Philadelphia, Dallas, NYG, NYJ, etc. moving if their leases go to year-to-year? Sure, there is that possibility, but the chances are less tan 20 percent unless a new ownership group takes over and is only concerned about maximizing their profitability. This is an NFL issue, because today financial nirvana resides in LA. Tomorrow, the destination could be Mexico City, Montreal, or Toronto (not to mention London or Paris)....all because some state official couldn't figure out how to build a new stadium for a money grubbing owner. Can you say, Toronto Jaguars, Montreal Buccaneers or Mexico City Steelers? (All of these are larger cities than the cities they would replace and all are within our time zones....While not likely...never say never.)
Except that he has said two words...

Granted, it was a long time ago... but he was quite adamant in his sttempt to convince the people of St. Louis and Missouri that he would not move the team away.

But I can see why he might have a change of heart... since he said that, his financial position has worsened... oh, wait.

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
I read that there is a backup plan for the blighted area if the stadium doesn't get built in St Louis. Does anyone know the ins and outs of that?

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'm not an expert by any means, but I feel like people are mislead on the value of the Rams. Of course they're worth more in LA. Everything is. Houses, cars, property, it's all higher in value. Moving a team to a different city doesn't just raise the value overnight. Just in that particular area. Value goes up but so does inflation. They may be worth more in LA, but they will also be more expensive. Ticket prices, parking venues, consession stands, they'll all cost more. But to answer your original question, the Rams probably go over the 1 Billion mark if they get a new stadium. They'll be worth double that in LA.
You got me to thinking...

"Value"... as in asset value... as in... not recognised until you sell the asset.

I have read many here point out that Kroenke never sells his sports franchises.

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes

"Value"... as in asset value... as in... not recognised until you sell the asset.

They would be correct. He still owns all of his franchises. Which is why it makes no sense to go to LA, even considering money. Because he doesn't plan on selling the team anyway. I believe it's a big reason why me and plenty of other people are sick of this whole thing. Kroenke can make a killing in STL if he put some effort towards a stadium. But for some reason he's too stubborn to even say anything. Everyone thinks he's a genius for what he's doing. Line Deleted Never once has he expressed his feelings towards the EDJ lease situation. He should have came out and said how he was feeling and it could of been fixed. If the Rams go back to LA, it will be for no other reason except "because I can".

Last edited by a moderator:

RAMbler

UDFA

That may be true....., but his kids might.....

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
That may be true....., but his kids might.....
Ahhh... yes, the legacy angle... been there as well... we're pretty close to coming full circle on this whole thing (for now).

Status
Not open for further replies.