New: Latest on Kroenke, Rams and NFL in STL

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
Yeah, of course the Chargers say that.

If they're willing to change the G4 loans for two teams to leave their markets and relocate, why aren't they willing to do it for one teambti relocate? That doesn't make sense to me.

I think they're willing to what they need to in order to get the result they need. Absolutely everyone involved in this is going to end up being in violation of some rule or guideline. I mean, is there anyone left who still thinks Stan has a hardship, or that STL won't work with him? He's already in violation of one set of rules even if he doesn't move and has been for a while and the NFL is in no rush to make him comply. I agree there is no way anyone is going to be denied their G4.

bluecoconuts

Legend
I think that's the delicate side to this topic that the NFL does understand, but most fans (those in favor of moving the Rams to LA) miss.

You can't just change teams like you're changing your shoes.

Teams moving is a big deal.

There is a lot of motivation from the NFL side, IMO, to keep the Rams in St. Louis.

I would imagine most fans from LA know what its like to lose a team and not be able to just change allegiances.

For a lot of them its more that they don't care, because it happened to them and they see a chance to get their team back.

bluecoconuts

Legend
Seriously doubt they'd say it if they didn't believe it.

Chargers are very confident they're eligible - probably based on the reasoning 25% of their tickets in LA

http://www.utsandiego.com/news/2015/apr/07/nfl-contribution-200-million-chargers-stadium/

^ Doesn't mention anything about the Raiders, but Fabiani never mentioned anything here. Gonna have wait til next week

I believe they would do it to, I just don't think that they would limit it.

The Chargers have to push the idea that the option is legitimate, so even if they didn't believe it, they would say it.

I don't buy that LA is the Chargers market though, I know they try to push that, but frankly it's bull.

They'll suspend the G4 loan for whoever they want.

iced

I believe they would do it to, I just don't think that they would limit it.

The Chargers have to push the idea that the option is legitimate, so even if they didn't believe it, they would say it.

I don't buy that LA is the Chargers market though, I know they try to push that, but frankly it's bull.

They'll suspend the G4 loan for whoever they want.

you lose me - they're pitching their ideas to the committee and other owners, who are the ones that decide whether or not they get it. If they didn't think the counsel would approve I doubt they'd make it part of their pitch.

Hard to argue about the Chargers market though if they really do have 25% of their ticket sales from them - and thats something they could easily prove to other owners (or NFL already knows)

bluecoconuts

Legend
you lose me - they're pitching their ideas to the committee and other owners, who are the ones that decide whether or not they get it. If they didn't think the counsel would approve I doubt they'd make it part of their pitch.

They're also pitching to San Diego to see if they come up with something that they want. Spanos and Davis are still trying to squeeze their cities for a sweetheart deal.

iced

They're also pitching to San Diego to see if they come up with something that they want. Spanos and Davis are still trying to squeeze their cities for a sweetheart deal.

sounds to me the carson is carrying more weight - is San diego pitching their stadium to the committee next week?

bluecoconuts

Legend
sounds to me the carson is carrying more weight - is San diego pitching their stadium to the committee next week?

No, the Chargers kind of shit all over everything before they get places. They'll have something by the end of May most likely, but I don't think they will actually get it done.

I'm sticking with the prediction of Rams and Chargers in Inglewood personally.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Chargers' believe the NFL will allow them both the G4 Loan for the Carson site.
And if they don't the project is likely DOA. I'm not sure how we can assume they would change that rule for Carson but not for the Raiders to move to the Lou. I'm not suggesting anything by this as I would hate having the raiders come to town personally but I just don't see why they do one and not the other.

I've told all the home market participants and the two potential L.A. participants
Wonder if that was just a slip of the tongue or if they have already eliminated one of the "participants" or if they are just talking about stadiums as there is Carson and Inglewood.

The vibe I get from this thread is that most people are willing to accept the Raiders should the Rams leave. Am I misreading the sentiment? The Raiders of the past few years are an organization that is worse than the Rams. So, let's say we get the Raiders....is the consensus that everyone is okay with another 15 years of inept front office management, poor drafting and bad football? Not me. I, for one would rather not have a team than having the Raiders. I want the Rams or an expansion team (not happening). I am not on board with getting behind another downtrodden franchise that will probably move whenever they don't get what they want.
No way I can blame you for this sentiment. I have to admit that I would probably feel the same way if I lived in the St Louis area.

You can't just change teams like you're changing your shoes.
I even tried when the Rams moved to St Louis. One shot of the Horns on the field and that thought flew out the window. I can't quit them. o_O

bluecoconuts

Legend
Wonder if that was just a slip of the tongue or if they have already eliminated one of the "participants" or if they are just talking about stadiums as there is Carson and Inglewood.

I thought they were talking about the two stadiums, would be funny if they had eliminated one team though.

BuiltRamTough

Pro Bowler
Name
Edmond
May 20 is the deadline to pitch a proposal. Pitching a proposal is just that "pitching". Let's see if anyone could secure the funding and hit it out of the park.

iced

And if they don't the project is likely DOA. I'm not sure how we can assume they would change that rule for Carson but not for the Raiders to move to the Lou. I'm not suggesting anything by this as I would hate having the raiders come to town personally but I just don't see why they do one and not the other.

Moving out of state and moving to a market that has 1/4 of your ticket sales are completely different entities

bluecoconuts

Legend
Moving out of state and moving to a market that has 1/4 of your ticket sales are completely different entities

The Raiders need the G4 loan to make Carson work as well, they can't make the 1/4 ticket sales argument.

Big Willie

Starter
Well, that's your decision. But if the NFL comes knocking with a survey I ask that you answer it with a yes. After all, you can choose to not watch if they are here and we still get a team.
I filled out the survey and committed to buying a PSL for the Rams new stadium.

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
Yeah, of course the Chargers say that.

If they're willing to change the G4 loans for two teams to leave their markets and relocate, why aren't they willing to do it for one teambti relocate? That doesn't make sense to me.

Why wouldn't they be eligible. It's just another by-law, and according to many, doesn't really mean much. The NFL will do what they want to do, right?

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
Maybe so, but they were in Los Angeles a long time too, longer than 20 years.

20 years ago. They were in LA a long time 20 years ago. I don't see why people keep bringing up 50 years as if that's relevant. The Rams want to move to LA because it's the number 2 market, not because anyone gives a shit that they were there for a long time a long time ago.

RAMSinLA

Hall of Fame
20 years ago. They were in LA a long time 20 years ago. I don't see why people keep bringing up 50 years as if that's relevant. The Rams want to move to LA because it's the number 2 market, not because anyone gives a crap that they were there for a long time a long time ago.
I agree, that was exactly my point. No one cares how long a team has been in a city except us fans. Whether it's 20 years in St Louis or 50 in Los Angeles. I was devastated when the Rams left LA, no one cared about that either. :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.