New Jaguars uniforms look awesome!!!!!

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

ljramsfan

Pro Bowler
Name
LJ
Ok I dont get this. Demoff has said that it takes years for the unis to get approved. Or am I am thinking about of the throwbacks?

Anyways the Jags have had 3 uni changes in the past 8 years. Weird!

ljramsfan

Pro Bowler
Name
LJ
Ok I dont get this. Demoff has said that it takes years for the unis to get approved. Or am I am thinking about of the throwbacks?

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
ljramsfan said:

He's referring to the throwbacks.

ramsince62

Hall of Fame
Angry Ram said:
MarioSMBW.png

OK, n/m.

Here's the real one.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000162620/article/jacksonville-jaguars-unveil-new-uniforms?campaign=Twitter_atl" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100000 ... witter_atl</a>

BIjcNWpCQAANBKG.jpg:large

And a fade helmet design to boot...looks sick.
I donno, I kinda like the top one, especially the shoes. :oops:

lasvegasrams

Rookie
I like it. I saw the owner of the team, Mr. Kahn I believe, who seemed to be a man who genuinely wants to win and improve the franchise, just not sure on his intentions to stay in Jacksonville..

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
They're very Vegas, looks a bit 'showy' if you know what I mean... I think it's the fade on the helmet....

iced

Angry Ram said:
MarioSMBW.png

OK, n/m.

Here's the real one.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000162620/article/jacksonville-jaguars-unveil-new-uniforms?campaign=Twitter_atl" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100000 ... witter_atl</a>

BIjcNWpCQAANBKG.jpg:large

And a fade helmet design to boot...looks sick.

As a Florida resident..

having any kind of 'black' as your main color on a Florida team is just not wise...

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Good point iced.

They'll probably wear their road whites during the hot home games like tampon does.

moklerman

Warner-phile
I think just about everything Nike has done since getting the NFL contract has looked like crap.

All of the so-called "modernizing" is just making the uniforms look like Arena-league rejects. Packers, Steelers, Cowboys, Raiders...the teams that don't futz with their uniforms still look the best.

Changing your uniform isn't going to keep fans excited. Winning is.

Whoever said "hot mess" had it right.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
A55VA6 said:
Too much going on with the Jaguars uniforms. They have the potential to be amazing uniforms since black and teal are some of my favorite color combinations, but I don't like these.

They remind me of something you would see in arena football or something. The Dolphins and Vikings are simple and nice, but Jags.. just too much happening.

Yeah, I'm with you. Very busy. Reminds me of some arena league unis.

But; the previous uni was blah too... so give it a try and let's see how it looks in games.

iced

Selassie I said:
Good point iced.

They'll probably wear their road whites during the hot home games like tampon does.

I really can't stress this enough though man. I've been to afghanistan, kuwait, arizona - basically places that make you sweat like a whore in church.

92 degrees with 10% humidity is cooler than 87 with 100%.

Given how close they are to the ocean and the fact that their stadium already has water around it, this is highly..highly...stupid.

<a class="postlink" href="https://maps.google.com/maps?ie=UTF-8&q=jaguars+stadium&fb=1&gl=us&hq=jaguars+stadium&cid=0,0,8611203191828589878&ei=3nV4UdKdJK2o0AHUkYCwAQ&ved=0CL4BEPwSMAQ" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">https://maps.google.com/maps?ie=UTF-8&q ... L4BEPwSMAQ</a>

When I was in Kuwait waiting transport home from my last tour in Afghanistan, I remember walking like maybe a 1/4 quarter mile to get to the entertainment area from my room. It was August. Temperatures averaged in the 100-120s with humidity between 30-60%. You were drenched in sweat in that 5 minute walk. On really bad days (once it was 135 and 90%), if you were outside/in the sun for 15 minutes straight, you could see the salts from your body on your clothes. Even then mind you I weighed 185 lbs and I wasn't in full uniform either.

Humidity is a bitch - and I really feel bad for those fans. When humidity is 80-100% - i'd say the best example is even a sexy chick in spaghetti straps and short shorts would be sweaty....but hey who cares if she's sexy ;)

bluecoconuts

Legend
iced said:
I really can't stress this enough though man. I've been to afghanistan, kuwait, arizona - basically places that make you sweat like a whore in church.

Oh man I feel you there, I can't stand humidity. I think I'd rather the 140-150 degree days in Iraq (boots would melt to the pavement and leave rubber footprints those days) or the heat in Afghanistan than 90-105 as well as high humidity.

Humidity is awful, part of why I like staying in LA, even by the beaches it doesn't get too bad. :mrgreen:

iced

bluecoconuts said:
iced said:

Oh man I feel you there, I can't stand humidity. I think I'd rather the 140-150 degree days in Iraq (boots would melt to the pavement and leave rubber footprints those days) or the heat in Afghanistan than 90-105 as well as high humidity.

Humidity is awful, part of why I like staying in LA, even by the beaches it doesn't get too bad. :mrgreen:

Lol my first tour to kuwait was rough weather wise. Of course we got there in august.. And for that deployment I was the tool custodian.. guess what we keep tools in? Connex boxes (think giant metal shipping containers usually used on ships, or click here <a class="postlink" href="http://www.falconcontainers.com/Portals/57117/images/picture-009-1.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.falconcontainers.com/Portals ... -009-1.jpg</a>).

I remember one day we were doing inventory on the mechanics kits, and of course, the giant kits were in the back of the connex box - when it was 150 out. We estmated the back of the box to be at 180-190 from sitting in the sun all day (hey you gotta go BACK to work after lunch right).. Lol you spent 5-7 minutes back there, the next 20 rehydrating.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thanks for your service guys...can't appreciate it enough.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
iced said:
Selassie I said:
Good point iced.

Given how close they are to the ocean and the fact that their stadium already has water around it, this is highly..highly...stupid.

<a class="postlink" href="https://maps.google.com/maps?ie=UTF-8&q=jaguars+stadium&fb=1&gl=us&hq=jaguars+stadium&cid=0,0,8611203191828589878&ei=3nV4UdKdJK2o0AHUkYCwAQ&ved=0CL4BEPwSMAQ" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">https://maps.google.com/maps?ie=UTF-8&q ... L4BEPwSMAQ</a>

When I was in Kuwait waiting transport home from my last tour in Afghanistan, I remember walking like maybe a 1/4 quarter mile to get to the entertainment area from my room. It was August. Temperatures averaged in the 100-120s with humidity between 30-60%. You were drenched in sweat in that 5 minute walk. On really bad days (once it was 135 and 90%), if you were outside/in the sun for 15 minutes straight, you could see the salts from your body on your clothes. Even then mind you I weighed 185 lbs and I wasn't in full uniform either.

Humidity is a bitch - and I really feel bad for those fans. When humidity is 80-100% - i'd say the best example is even a sexy chick in spaghetti straps and short shorts would be sweaty....but hey who cares if she's sexy ;)

I'm just gonna guess that you're not a native Floridian. And for the record,,, I consider Jax to be Southern Georgia for all intents and purposes.

Not that you ever really learn to enjoy the humidity 100% of the time,,, but I will say this... I fucking hate cold weather more than the hottest heat & humidity.

What part of FL are you living in Brudda ?

iced

Selassie I said:
iced said:
Selassie I said:
Good point iced.

I'm just gonna guess that you're not a native Floridian. And for the record,,, I consider Jax to be Southern Georgia for all intents and purposes.

Not that you ever really learn to enjoy the humidity 100% of the time,,, but I will say this... I freaking hate cold weather more than the hottest heat & humidity.

What part of FL are you living in Brudda ?

I guess I am close enough as Native as one can get. I'm in sarasota (#1 beach in US beetches). We moved here when I was like 2, and didn't really leave til about 20.

I actually like the cold, but to a degree. There's also a weird skin condition apparently in my family where the jean fibers, the skin, and the cold don't mix well, resulting in like weird little rashes. saw it for the first time a month ago

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Love Sarasota. My sis and her ex-hobby used to live there. Beautiful beaches with calm clear waters.

Glad to have another FL resident posting.

BTW, I'm actually a Native , and my parents are too. Army brat though so I moved around a bunch as a kid... made it back home by my Junior yr of HS tho, and I ain't ever gonna leave.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
I think the new unis are kinda lame. The whole thing is bad.....especially the teal colored tongue on the jaguar. WTF were they thinking.....it's awful. Especially the helmet. It looks like they ran out of paint halfway through and had to use a different color. Yuck.

As far as the humidity in FLA it ain't that bad. I'm originally from the Cleveland, Ohio area and its just as humid there as it is here during some months.

Iced you are right abut the beach in Sarasota. I've been there and it's awesome. The sand of course is what makes it. The beaches here in Ft Myers/Bonita/Naples are a really, really close second though.

iced

Selassie I said:
Love Sarasota. My sis and her ex-hobby used to live there. Beautiful beaches with calm clear waters.

Glad to have another FL resident posting.

BTW, I'm actually a Native , and my parents are too. Army brat though so I moved around a bunch as a kid... made it back home by my Junior yr of HS tho, and I ain't ever gonna leave.

lol right on.

Air force brat - born in St.Louis (how I got my roots.)

I can't wait to leave Sarasota - not much in the world of job opportunities.... need to hit a bigger city