New Article: Analyzing Rams Future In St. Louis (w/ 2 polls)

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

STL-Rams

Starter
Hope you all enjoy and appreciate this read.

Looked back at what has been said (more than many realize), the issues, etc...

Hope everyone had a great Christmas!

<a class="postlink" href="http://bleacherreport.com/articles/997781-st-louis-rams-looking-at-the-future-of-the-rams-in-st-louis" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://bleacherreport.com/articles/9977 ... n-st-louis</a>

STL-Rams

Starter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Re: New Article: Analyzing Rams Future In St. Louis (w/ 2 po

please don't forget to vote in the renovations poll... and going to submit results to the CVC :)

bluecoconuts

Legend

I'm torn between the all blue seats and the clear roof for more natural light... It'd be nice to get both honestly, but I'm going with the clear roof because the lighting at the EDJ just seems so bad compared to other places.

I thought I read somewhere that it would actually be cheaper and easier to tear down the EDJ and build a new stadium from scratch than it would be to update the EDJ to a top stadium.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer

I voted for more natural light. I'm actually kinda leaning torward having a brand new, completely open air stadium. I was watching the Packers last night and Lambeau was so beautiful at night.

STL-Rams

Starter

bluecoconuts said:
I'm torn between the all blue seats and the clear roof for more natural light... It'd be nice to get both honestly, but I'm going with the clear roof because the lighting at the EDJ just seems so bad compared to other places.

I thought I read somewhere that it would actually be cheaper and easier to tear down the EDJ and build a new stadium from scratch than it would be to update the EDJ to a top stadium.

bluecoconuts, I am a bit torn on that as well. If we could have a compromise how about blue seats AT LEAST for the entire lower bowl with some clear roof panels, too, would that be sufficient for you?

However, I would think they could sell the red seats to a college or pro team and get the blue ones for about the same. Then the costs would essentially came down to the labor to take out the red and put in the blue.

One poster elsewhere mentioned that Demoff has stated that a clear 'wall' facing the arch would be sweet- and it would be!!! :) :)

STL-Rams

Starter

Angry Ram said:
I voted for more natural light. I'm actually kinda leaning torward having a brand new, completely open air stadium. I was watching the Packers last night and Lambeau was so beautiful at night.

Angry Ram, the more I look at comments the more I am starting to think the Rams really are satisfied with the dome for awhile ESPECIALLY if they can get some enhancements (parking monies, some of the dome improvements we discussed, etc.)

I do feel strongly that with the talk of working with the city in the future for FINAL FOURS, etc that IF a new stadium comes down the road, it WILL be retractable roof with that in mind.

Anonymous

Adding more natural light via the roof would be feasible IMO. It's needed as the TV broadcast shows how crappy the games look which is really only a problem when losing otherwise no big deal. The clear wall to the Arch idea is cool too....just don't know all the costs involved. Retractable roof seems unrealistic given the fans history with Busch 2. St. Louisans don't want to pay that kind of money to freeze. A whole new facility of any kind seems unlikely without private money subsidising the lions share much like Busch 3 which I think was on the order of 80-20 if memory serves. Guess it really boils down to whether Kroenke wants to enforce the top 25% clause. Let's face it that was put in envisioning minor tweaks over the years not what is faced now with building a new facility altogether just 16 years later. It was a commitment to the team the city made in good faith but outside factors have now made impossible to meet. It's really up to Kroenke.