NBA Suspends Season, Will NFL Suspend Draft?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

fearsomefour

Legend
Not directed at you @dieterbrock, but I have a couple years on you, and it is NEVER going to change, because the human race is made up primarily of uninformed, self absorbed fuckheads, and fuckheadettes, who don’t give a shit about anything but themselves, and never have, and never will.

Without naming names, there is a single entity in the US responsible for all the discord. Or so the story goes.

So who exactly were all the people buying 20 bottles of Purel, at the expense of the other 18 that would have liked to have a bottle or 2.

Must have been the deplorables

Point is, and ALWAYS will be, it’s about #1, and theirs, and always will be.

Cumbaya.

Personally, I am enjoying the shit out of this whole charade, and am dumping every dime I have into the Market.

I got hurt pretty badly during the last shitstorm, wishing I had a few bucks to invest when the market tanked.

Well it’s tanking again, and I got some bucks.
Thank you Lord, Thank you Jesus.

(I don’t usually drink, but when I do, I post).
Just sit back, clear your mind and let yourself be controlled and manipulated by a controlled media.
Well done.
You’re right about buying in.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
A guy I work with took his family there last week and said it was a ghost town.

That's because Tom Hanks played Walt Disney in Saving Mr. Banks.
1584121047991.png

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Report: NFL Draft not moving from Las Vegas

Many sports events and seasons have been postponed or even canceled as the country and world tries to contain the coronavirus pandemic. For now, the NFL is not making changes to the location of the NFL Draft.

Appearing on ESPN’s “SportsCenter” Friday night, Jeremy Fowler said that the league plans to keep the draft in Las Vegas.

“The plan right now is to keep everything intact in Las Vegas,” Fowler said. “The league in staying involved with state and local authorities and medical experts. They want everything to remain status quo but they are prepared to be nimble.”

The NFL Draft is scheduled to take place from April 23-25. The NFL may feel that the dates are far enough away where no sweeping changes need to be made at this time. A recent report stated some coaches believed the event would take place without fans.

The league and fans were looking forward to seeing what Sin City would have in store for the draft. The plans unveiled in late January made things look awesome, so missing out on that would be a shame.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Report: NFL Draft not moving from Las Vegas

Many sports events and seasons have been postponed or even canceled as the country and world tries to contain the coronavirus pandemic. For now, the NFL is not making changes to the location of the NFL Draft.

Appearing on ESPN’s “SportsCenter” Friday night, Jeremy Fowler said that the league plans to keep the draft in Las Vegas.

“The plan right now is to keep everything intact in Las Vegas,” Fowler said. “The league in staying involved with state and local authorities and medical experts. They want everything to remain status quo but they are prepared to be nimble.”

The NFL Draft is scheduled to take place from April 23-25. The NFL may feel that the dates are far enough away where no sweeping changes need to be made at this time. A recent report stated some coaches believed the event would take place without fans.

The league and fans were looking forward to seeing what Sin City would have in store for the draft. The plans unveiled in late January made things look awesome, so missing out on that would be a shame.
I would like to announce that the 2020 NFL Draft will be moved to BabyStacks Cafe on Buffalo drive. No people, but a guy's gotta eat ~ Rodger Goodell

Kevin

Pro Bowler
Do it online through ESPN like a fantasy league. If you don’t make your pick in time you auto draft a kicker.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
who's laughing at the preppers now?....lol

Not me. I've been talking about stuff like this for awhile, just nothing I could do about it.

Had I won the lottery, THIS is what I woulda prepared for...armament, ammo, acreage and arable...arab... growing shit...

instead of living the Instagram millionaire lifestyle, which honestly I couldn't do if you paid me... can't drink...can't eat restaurant food more than two days in a row...have no interest in owning lots of cars or boats, modern art galleries or small talk over canapés...

"All I need is a compound with game and a greenhouse and a big screen satellite tv to watch her by..."

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

the players are already winning. no otas.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
A guy I work with took his family there last week and said it was a ghost town.

Well, it was right before spring break.

The last night, Sunday the 15th, the damn place was packed and they stayed open until 2am for a cheerleader event.

Next day freaking Clearwater beach was packed and people are STILL going to travel to St Paddy's day places like Chicago and Boston even though those events are cancelled.

As is typical of my overdoing my research, let's just say that this is really bad. I'll tell anyone if they want to know, but yeah. I'm motivated in part to know more because I'm in the very highest risk category for this in that I've had multiple bouts of near fatal pneumonia, I have asthma, I have a compromised immune system AND I live in Florida where people keep dinosaurs for pets. I mean "Florida man" didn't just get that name for no reason beyond geography...

China nipped it in the bud, some say. How? Well, they issued a BRUTAL crackdown including quarantining 60M people and dragged people who showed symptoms to who knows where. People taken haven't returned.

Italy has a home quarantine and if you're out with symptoms, you can be jailed for 12 years. You can only go out to the supermarket or the doctor.

Spain is just starting to see cases explode, shut down the country and are instituting drastic measures. Most of the EU is closing their borders.

I would only ask a few things:

If this was all hysteria, would Wall Street be willing to see TRILLIONS of dollars vanish over hype? Would Disney suspend worldwide operations in their resort division which accounts for 37% of their revenue during a holiday season (spring/easter break)? Would every sports league AROUND THE WORLD halt operations if this was "just a cold"?

Also, remember, the ONLY places they've adequately contained the virus have all instituted SEVERE measures restricting movement and in Italy's case, the Drs in ERs are having to do battlefield triage and determining who gets ventilators and thus, who lives and dies because they didn't act quickly enough.

Seeing as we aren't restricting travel, many people are still going to work and people are STILL gathering in large places in close proximity... yeah.

I've been doing some basic math based on exposure modeling, actual infection rates including community spread, who are the carriers vs who suffer the most from infection and mortality rates based on a number of factors.

This is an appropriate reaction:
tenor.gif

Remember, this is from the pattern guy who is willing to give bad news. I don't want to be right, but the math is the math.

Anyway, whether it's Captain Tripps or Wuhan-400 or just COVID-19, it's super serious. Please everyone take every precaution.

Also... I knew it would happen, but I miss Brockers already. Good guy. He should do very well in Baltimore.