NBA: Mike D'Antoni resigns

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

JdashSTL

Pro Bowler
This was a move that was expected, but I dont think anyone thought it would happen during the season with the Knicks still battling for a playoff spot. The rollercoaster ride that that team has been on is just incredible. They get off to a poor start. Jeremy Lin comes in and plays fantastic, does enough without Melo and Amar'e to get the Knicks back to a .500 record, then everyone assumes the team will get even better when they return to play with him. Doesnt happen, everything went downhill and now D'Antoni gets the axe.

You heard folks blaming Melo because they dont have a winning record with him, his recent press conference, the recent reports about him, folks calling for him to be traded, and on top of that the Nuggets are doing just fine since that trade. Hes not a superstar player, hes just a great scorer.

They are definitely gonna be going after Phil Jackson

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Yep - it's always going to be about Carmelo where ever Carmelo plays. Even coach Karl couldn't change that. Not that D'Antonio is a great coach but he didn't stand a chance with that ego in the building.

JdashSTL

Pro Bowler
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
RamFan503 said:
Yep - it's always going to be about Carmelo where ever Carmelo plays. Even coach Karl couldn't change that. Not that D'Antonio is a great coach but he didn't stand a chance with that ego in the building.

and I really didnt like the team their GM assembled. Yes Chandler was a great signing but Baron Davis, Melo, and JR Smith are guys that will wanna get their shots in, thats not always a good thing, and they need their minutes. Not the best mix of players that fit D'Antoni's system. Oh and Stoudemire looks like an awful signing right now, and things started going downhill for him the moment Melo arrived.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
D'Antoni, Melo, and Stoudemire all have something in common. Not one of them knows a fucking thing about Defense.

The knicks have played some serious defense over the years... The NY fans love it too. From my NY friends who live there and love the knicks, they hate the lack of D all of these guys display.

I've been giving one of my best friends (who lives in the city) shit about it when ever possible. I know he's loving D'Antoni "resigning".

:sly:

superfan24

Starter
I think my Bulls made the right decision on Thibodeau over D'Antoni. Lin is shooting the ball more than Amare right now. I'd say that's a problem on D'Antoni.
Big game tonight. GO BULLS

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
superfan24 said:
I think my Bulls made the right decision on Thibodeau over D'Antoni. Lin is shooting the ball more than Amare right now. I'd say that's a problem on D'Antoni.

Bulls >>>>> Deadbeat heat.

W/o Rose. That was impressive.

I hope it's the Bulls/Thunder for the finals!!!

steferfootball

Starter
JdashSTL said:
He just finished the second go around with Kobe Bryant.

Doesn't make sense.

I've never been a fan of Mello. It would kinda be nice to see that team put their egos aside and put a better product on the court. They have some talent there.

superfan24

Starter
Angry Ram said:
superfan24 said:

Yessir I would too. It feels like the conference Finals is the Championship for everyone in Chicago right now.

JdashSTL

Pro Bowler
steferfootball said:
JdashSTL said:

Doesn't make sense.

I've never been a fan of Mello. It would kinda be nice to see that team put their egos aside and put a better product on the court. They have some talent there.

Why doesnt it makes sense? He will be the biggest name on the market when the season ends.

steferfootball

Starter
JdashSTL said:
steferfootball said:
JdashSTL said:

Doesn't make sense.

Why doesnt it makes sense? He will be the biggest name on the market when the season ends.
Doesn't make sense for Phil.

At this point all he has left is state padding.

JdashSTL

Pro Bowler
steferfootball said:
JdashSTL said:
steferfootball said:
JdashSTL said:

Doesn't make sense.

Doesn't make sense for Phil.

At this point all he has left is state padding.

NY hasnt won the NBA title in 40+ years. They have talent, and he could be the HC that leads them to the promise land. I wouldnt be suprised if he comes back, and I wouldnt be suprised if he opts to stay retired.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
superfan24 said:
Angry Ram said:
superfan24 said:

Yessir I would too. It feels like the conference Finals is the Championship for everyone in Chicago right now.

Well fawk. Thunder aren't gonna go far if they play like they did against the Spurs. Way too inconsistent. Who they play tonight...Trail Blazers. Thunder should win, but I wouldn't be surprised if Portland wins this one.

BTW, on D'Antoni, I do feel he's a bit overrated. Before the Thunder moved here, the Suns were my team and I watched Nash along w/ Amare, Raja Bell, Barbosa, and of course the "Shaq-tus." Didn't work, so yeah. Kinda like the NBA's version of the Saints. Without all the bounties.