Name one defender in the draft that you take in round 1

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I was just wondering, if there was two of the top 4 QBs left at 15, but a guy like Nkedemche drops to 15 due to his drug suspension, Bosa, or Ramsey, do you take him over say Lynch or Cook?

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame
I would take the QB. I really believe this team is only a QB away from contending. That being said, Im not really high on any of these QB's in terms of turning an offense around in a year or two.

If the Rams really like one of the QB's in this draft they must take him even over Bosa or Nkedemche.

I still think trading for a QB might be the best option for this team.

How is that for being wishy washy lol. Great question though.

tahoe

Pro Bowler
None, zero, not a single guy! The offense needs too much help to take a defensive player.

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Go with BPA in the first round. The only exception is if the evaluation is close, and one position is filled already.

Now, if they really like one of the QBs that fall to them, that's fine. Especially if the defensive player has huge red flags, from drugs or falling out of a 4th story window while partying.

StealYoGurley

Pro Bowler
Jack, Ramsey, and Bosa are the elite defenders are probably off the board, but if they were available you definitely have to consider them.

My one guy would be Noah Spence. You can never rule out DL with Fisher. Spence has the athletic ability and the production of a top 10 pick, but has character issues. He's got the high upside and dominant physical traits the rams usually look for in their first rounders. Develop him you behind Hayes and you build a dominant game changing DL like the Broncos used to win the superbowl. If the Rams are comfortable with his character issues and their QB is not available I could definitely see this being Janoris part 2.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Maybe....Not Ramsey, unless we expect him to play FS.....but we need a QB at least in the 2nd....probably move up in the late 1st to grab him...

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I'm of the mind that we should move up and get our QB, so I absolutely would not take a defender in round 1. If all three QBs are off the board--which is very likely IMO--I'd be looking at Treadwell, Doctson, and Thomas as well as a possible trade down. Treadwell I would take there at 15 regardless of what he runs in the 40. Doctson and Thomas to differing degrees I would need to see their 40 times in order to stack them against the glob of defenders that will be all over our board when pick 15 is up. If Treadwell is gone and Doctson and Thomas don't run well? That would suck, and I'd trade down.

Re: Thomas in particular... IF he runs well he could end up grading better than Treadwell on some boards. I think it's possible. Doctson meanwhile should run well, but his light build does make it necessary to cement him in that 15 range.

In the event a trade down for offensive value is what happens? Well, there should be no shortage of options with guys like QB Cook, as well as one of the aforementioned WRs not to mention guys like Boyd or even the TE Henry.

ramfan46

Pro Bowler
Jaylon Smith if the Rehab looks good. He can sit while Tree, Barron and Ayers hold it down til he's ready. Also, Sheldon Rankins looked like Aaron Donald JR. to me during Senior Bowl practice. Only position off the board for me in round one is kickers.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Bosa, Spence, or Jack.

I'll have to spend time on Rankins cuz I don't know much about him to put him on my list.

Those three, any of them, in our D could be DROY candidates. So, yeah, if Wentz is gone (I see Goff as a West Coast QB which we aren't and Lynch is a project prospect that Fish may not have time for), I can totally see us going for the next DROY.

Spence might actually fall to us since all 3QBs are likely to go top 15 with trades.

WvuIN02

Starter
I dont think Bosa is going to be a superstar in the NFL, I'd say the best chance is Jalen Ramsey or Spence. Ramsey I think is going to have a Rod Woodson type career and compares to him well with how well he tackles, a guy who can be a pro bowl corner who moves to safety at the end of his career and thrives at both. He and Spence look to both have "it".

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
There are none that I'm taking over Lynch. But I'd take Jalen Ramsey if the top 3 QBs were gone and then I'd trade up for Cook.

8to12

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Me: Myles Jack Myself: Myles Jack I: Myles Jack

OK, we got Myles Jack in a landslide :D

BigRamFan

Super Bowl XXXVI was rigged!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Craig
Bosa, Spence, or Jack.

I'll have to spend time on Rankins cuz I don't know much about him to put him on my list.

Those three, any of them, in our D could be DROY candidates. So, yeah, if Wentz is gone (I see Goff as a West Coast QB which we aren't and Lynch is a project prospect that Fish may not have time for), I can totally see us going for the next DROY.

Spence might actually fall to us since all 3QBs are likely to go top 15 with trades.
I would absolutely include Rankins in that list as well as D. Buckner and potentially S. Lawson.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Me: Myles Jack Myself: Myles Jack I: Myles Jack

OK, we got Myles Jack in a landslide :D

I actually think there's a chance Jack is there at 15. Between the injury and not a whole lot of tape on the guy I think the media reports of him being a top 5 prospect are a little out of whack. If teams are happy with his knee I think he's gonna slot around 10 on team boards. If not he is in for a big slide.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Bosa, Spence, or Jack.

Funny, I just wrote the same thing about Lynch elsewhere. Will Fisher be happy waiting for him to develop or does he want a more finished guy, since the rest of the team looks playoff ready. Eventually the Rams window will start to shut.

Ants

Starter
There are a bunch of defensive players I'd take over a QB...as long as the QB isn't Wentz.
I would take Wentz above all...then BPA. I don't consider Goff, Lynch, etc as the BPA at the Rams slot.

WvuIN02

Starter
I am curious to see what happens with Jaylon Smith, I know Mayock thinks healthy he is the best player in this draft and gone possibly 1st overall if he didnt get that nasty injury. Best case scenario is he plays halfway though the season though (tore his acl and mcl in the bowl game). He said he hasnt seen a LB as gifted since Kuechly, so I wonder who takes a flyer on him if his medical comes back that he will be fine.