My Thoughts On The Game

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

rams24/7

Pro Bowler
Name
Nick

My immediate reaction to the game. I apologize if it is a bit long. A lot to talk about. Haha

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Good stuff, Nick. Following up on your comment about wanting to see more pressure on the Bucs' final drive, I'd like to see more interior pressure on all blitz packages. It always seems like QBs can "climb up the pocket" when we bring pressure from the outside. I know our DTs should be able to eat space and provide their own pressure, but still. More blitzes through the A Gaps please.

rams24/7

Pro Bowler
Name
Nick
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Good stuff, Nick. Following up on your comment about wanting to see more pressure on the Bucs' final drive, I'd like to see more interior pressure on all blitz packages. It always seems like QBs can "climb up the pocket" when we bring pressure from the outside. I know our DTs should be able to eat space and provide their own pressure, but still. More blitzes through the A Gaps please.

Agreed. I think as our young DBs get more seasoning (Gaines, Joyner, McGee), GW will be more confident to send the house on some of these 3rd downs. It was also tough to watch today because I could count 3 or 4 occasions when the Rams were a split second from a sack

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
True. It's a chicken-egg thing with pressure. Good corners will give your D-line time to get pressure, and/or a good front 4 will give your corners the ability to capitalize on hurried throws. Teams know they have to get rid of the ball quickly against this D, and I was encouraged by the stunts G Williams was running with Quinn. I still don't think this defense is all on the same page with this new scheme, but it's an improvement over last week, so I'll take it.

rams24/7

Pro Bowler
Name
Nick
True. It's a chicken-egg thing with pressure. Good corners will give your D-line time to get pressure, and/or a good front 4 will give your corners the ability to capitalize on hurried throws. Teams know they have to get rid of the ball quickly against this D, and I was encouraged by the stunts G Williams was running with Quinn. I still don't think this defense is all on the same page with this new scheme, but it's an improvement over last week, so I'll take it.

Very true. Regardless of the quick throws and this reason and that reason, we should start seeing those sack totals come in bunches soon. We just have too much potential to not have that be the case. I think we could really tee off on a guy like Romo who likes to hold onto the ball to let those longer routes develop

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Very true. Regardless of the quick throws and this reason and that reason, we should start seeing those sack totals come in bunches soon. We just have too much potential to not have that be the case. I think we could really tee off on a guy like Romo who likes to hold onto the ball to let those longer routes develop
I need a win against the cowboys like you just don't know...

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Who criticized Sam?
Doesn't matter. A thread was started about how awesome Davis is, and how a "certain famous #1 pick" could never do what he did.
Whether or not it's a legitimate opinion, it's divisive. Garbage in, garbage out.

rams24/7

Pro Bowler
Name
Nick
Doesn't matter. A thread was started about how awesome Davis is, and how a "certain famous #1 pick" could never do what he did.
Whether or not it's a legitimate opinion, it's divisive. Garbage in, garbage out.

One of the points I made in my video, was Sam's WRs seldom made tough grabs like we saw NUMEROUS times today. And they'd never string them together in one game. Well Sam did have that comeback in Buffalo that was pretty damn clutch...

Tailback

Starter
Name
Taco Jones
One slight disagreement with you. I think TJ McDonald was the DPOTG 2 clutch blocked kicks, plus the hit that ended the game.

bskrilla

Starter
Completely agree on that McGown scramble for TD. The RT started early and the refs missed it.