My Silver Lining: Guaranteed still no legit Pats SB wins.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
Although I was furious at the cruel joke that was the "discipline" for Spygate, at least it accomplished one thing: Those three Patriot Super Bowl wins might not have asterisks by them in the record books, but in the minds of knowledgeable football fans, they certainly should have.

Ever since then I've been glad each year when the Patriots were eliminated so there still would not be any taint-free Patriots wins. And this year, I was afraid rooting for a Seattle repeat was the only alternative to that.

But I was considering today... my wish has already come true! Regardless of whether or not the Patriots "win" a football game a week from Sunday, the cry has already come long and loud that they don't deserve to be there. They are tainted yet again.

So even if they do win, they still won't have a taintless legitimate Super Bowl win where one cannot argue that they don't deserve to be there.

HE WITH HORNS

Hall of Fame
Here is hoping they "win" the game, and have the title taken away from them later. They will not reward the trophy to the other team, they will just take it away. No new SB victory for either team will great.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
Although I was furious at the cruel joke that was the "discipline" for Spygate, at least it accomplished one thing: Those three Patriot Super Bowl wins might not have asterisks by them in the record books, but in the minds of knowledgeable football fans, they certainly should have.

Ever since then I've been glad each year when the Patriots were eliminated so there still would not be any taint-free Patriots wins. And this year, I was afraid rooting for a Seattle repeat was the only alternative to that.

But I was considering today... my wish has already come true! Regardless of whether or not the Patriots "win" a football game a week from Sunday, the cry has already come long and loud that they don't deserve to be there. They are tainted yet again.

So even if they do win, they still won't have a taintless legitimate Super Bowl win where one cannot argue that they don't deserve to be there.

From a public relations perspective, a Patriots win in the SB is going to be an absolute disaster for the NFL. After Spygate, nobody gives them the benefit of the doubt, and Brady's press conference today did the opposite of what he intended it to do. And even if Beliechek has plausible deniability in this one, everyone knows he's the one that created the cheating culture in New England.

As someone else around here said (sorry I don't remember who), they are now the Lance Armstrongs of the NFL. Just as nobody believed Armstrong's protests of innocence from doping after a certain point, the Patriots are now past the point of anyone believing them in their protests of innocence of cheating. And it's a reputation they have truly, thoroughly earned. Enjoy your "victories", cheaters.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
Now I hope they win. A loss taints their legacy. A win taints their legacy. But the win would also knock the seahags down. A patsies win is a win win.

BigRamFan

Super Bowl XXXVI was rigged!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Craig
Here is hoping they "win" the game, and have the title taken away from them later. They will not reward the trophy to the other team, they will just take it away. No new SB victory for either team will great.
Talk about your best case scenarios!

CodeMonkey

Possibly the OH but cannot self-identify
From a public relations perspective, a Patriots win in the SB is going to be an absolute disaster for the NFL. After Spygate, nobody gives them the benefit of the doubt, and Brady's press conference today did the opposite of what he intended it to do. And even if Beliechek has plausible deniability in this one, everyone knows he's the one that created the cheating culture in New England.

As someone else around here said (sorry I don't remember who), they are now the Lance Armstrongs of the NFL. Just as nobody believed Armstrong's protests of innocence from doping after a certain point, the Patriots are now past the point of anyone believing them in their protests of innocence of cheating. And it's a reputation they have truly, thoroughly earned. Enjoy your "victories", cheaters.
I'm unfortunately not so sure about that...

RamEERS

Pastor
probably the best situation for rams fans... pats win... but not really... and the seahawks lose...