My report from Aug 1 TC

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave
It was great to meet up with @VeteranRamFan. We were seated near the QB drills so didn't see the D drills, maybe Thursday will provide more D notes. As others have stated QB 1&2 stand out the other 2 are camp arms/projects at best. Good to see Bennett looking the part of NFL QB, he is at the very least a capable backup. If he has a future as QB1, is yet to be determined but I wouldn't count him out. Bennett did throw a few wtf passes in drills, but doesn't every rookie QB?

In 11 on 11 Stafford looked like Stafford we saw in 21. I will point out the pass to Tutu that was broken was a bad decision by Stafford. I believe it was Puka that should have been the proper read. Based on the situation I knew that play was going to be a deep shot and so did the DBs, and they doubled the most likely deep target leaving Puka 1on1 to the area vacated by the safety doubling Tutu. Higbeast looked to be the beast we all know he is capable of being. I was impressed with his change of direction, he created a lot of separation on whip routes in drills and 11on11.

The run game is hard to get a real read on in practice as they are not tackling to the ground. But it did appear that one of the new wrinkles this year is opening some holes. Using TEs in motion or pulling OTs to trap block opened up some holes. Noteboom pulled from his LT position to the A gap to lead Akers into the end zone late in 11on11.

The DBs didn't standout much in 11on11 with the exception of the play Stafford threw into double coverage.

The WRs and TEs looked good showing good hands. Johnson and Robinson both look good and will make I difficult to pick just 6 WRs for the 53 man roster.

Looked like AD had the day off, would have liked to see the OL look better with his absence.

Last edited:

VeteranRamFan

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Dale
It was great to meet up with @VeteranRamFan. We were seated near the QB drills so didn't see the D drills, maybe Thursday will provide more D notes. As others have stated QB 1&2 stand out the other 2 are camp arms/projects at best. Good to see Bennett looking the part of NFL QB, he is at the very least a capable backup. If he has a future as QB1, is yet to be determined but I wouldn't count him out. Bennett did throw a few wtf passes in drills, but doesn't every rookie QB?

In 11 on 11 Stafford looked like Stafford we saw in 21. I will point out the pass to Tutu that was broken was a bad decision by Stafford. I believe it was Puka that should have been the proper read. Based on the situation I knew that play was going to be a deep shot and so did the DBs, and they doubled the most likely deep target leaving Puka 1on1 to the area vacated by the safety doubling Tutu. Higbeast looked to be the beast we all know he is capable of being. I was impressed with his change of direction, he created a lot of separation on whip routes in drills and 11on11.

The run game is hard to get a real read on in practice as they are not tackling to the ground. But it did appear that one of the new wrinkles this year is opening some holes. Using TEs in motion or pulling OTs to trap block opened up some holes. Noteboom pulled from his LT position to the A gap to lead Akers into the end zone late in 11on11.

The DBs didn't standout much in 11on11 with the exception of the play Stafford threw into double coverage.

The WRs and TEs looked good showing good hands. Johnson and Robinson both look good and will make I difficult to pick just 6 WRs for the 53 man roster.

Looked like AD had the day off, would have liked to see the OL look better with his absence.
Great report Dave! Always nice to have an extra set of eyes.

Ram65

Legend
Good to see Bennett looking the part of NFL QB, he is at the very least a capable backup.

Good news. I liked the pick and the Rams needed to improve the backup QB spot.

I believe it was Puka that should have been the proper read. Based on the situation I knew that play was going to be a deep shot and so did the DBs, and they doubled the most likely deep target leaving Puka 1on1 to the area vacated by the safety doubling Tutu

Tutu's speed can open things up for other WRs.

Keep'em coming.