My Rant

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
Sorry guys, I need to vent...a lot

We lost Saffold, Finn, Dahl, we have no viable FS, no starting guards, no third tackle, no nickle corner, need another OLB, and still lack a #1WR. We will have an LT and QB coming off major knee injuries this year. We have many more holes now, then when this offseason began. Also we will be relying on Bailey to step up and Austin to step up (which I have all of confidence they can, but they still haven't proven it). We do have an extra first round pick, but with so many holes to fill, along with the overall lack of depth, I feel like it's going to be another bad year.

Even if the draft breaks exactly how the Rams want. They get someone like Watkins who starts at guard, add another guard in round 2-4, draft a DB at #13, draft a FS in rounds 2-3, Ray-Ray is ready to step-up, we will still be counting on basically, 2 rookies on the O-line, a rookie DB, a rookie FS, a 2nd year player at OLB, and hoping that our LT and QB come back and don't get hurt. If all of those things breaks the Rams way then at least we will fill those positions.

Now, let's say, that not just everything breaks right for the Rams, but that also the players they draft will end up having very good to great careers. They're still rookies this year. That means for the first 8 or so games they will be getting burned while they learn. That means with all of the rookie players that we can probably expect to lose at least 4 of those games, and probably more, before they put it all together. We'll probably be much better in the second half and have a decent overall year, say 7-9 again. Then perhaps we will be ready to compete in 2015, assuming we don't have a lot of injuries or lose a lot of free agents.

Well, I'm tired of the losing. 10 long years of losing. I'M TIRED OF IT! We have all been loyal to this team. I have spent my time, my love, my money on this team. I have seen every crappy game and defended them. I've seen the demise of this once proud franchise during the GSOT years to today and kept coming back for more. But every year I keep thinking that next year will be the year they turn it around, then they lose and then think next year will be the year. I really thought the Rams would put it all together in 2014. But with all of the holes and youth on the team, it'll be very unlikely. Then it's another year of hoping the next year is the year. I'll probably continue coming back for more, because I freakin' love this team.

I just want to win. Rams, will you please win? Please, please, please? Also, I need some hope here. Something to look forward to. I need something that will tell me we can win this season. Some holes filled somewhere. Somthing that makes me think we don't have to start 4-6 rookies.

Edit note: I do feel better after getting that off my chest. I wonder what would have happened if I posted this on Rams talk?

Last edited:

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Not sure if this is due to fact that Rams haven't done anything (yet) in FA, but I feel ur pain. While I did not expect the Rams to be much of a player, its tough watching other teams adding talent. Then again, maybe we should be happy that snisher isn't overpaying for mediocre talent like they have since they got here. Build through the draft. I know it's tough to be a Rams fan, I've been a suffering member since '78. Hang in there

Alan

Legend
brokeu91 relieving his angst:
Sorry guys, I need to vent...a lot
Plus more stuff here.
I feel your pain brother.

As for Rams Talk, they probably wouldn't hoist you up the nearest yard arm and do their thing. Like we're contemplating here. :mad:

Faceplant pointing out a disturbing fact:
Then again, maybe we should be happy that snisher isn't overpaying for mediocre talent like they have since they got here.
So if all the mediocre talent has already been snapped up, what will we be signing in the coming days? :( :cry:

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
All I can say is don't feel pregnant because you are not in this boat alone. I sure wanted one of the big name FAs to sign with our Rams yesterday because although I know building through the draft sounds good and all I just don't think you can fill all the holes this year that need to be filled for the Rams to be a contender. I think you have to have a quality veteran element within your team to succeed. I'd like to think that is being built but I too am growing impatient and weary of the "next year" mode that makes me feel like I'm caught in the middle of "groundhog day". With that said, I like our draft positioning this year and think if played right it can produce 4 or 5 quality starters with a couple of "difference makers" in the mix. Our Rams are close and maybe not adding a high dollar FA yesterday was the best thing for the franchise but it is hard to be patient and watch seemingly key cogs to our puzzle sign with other teams. I do however feel confident that we are in good hands with Fisher and Snead and that a plan is in motion. And my fingers are crossed that they hit a home run with the 2014 draft and fill all the holes needed. It should be our turn to finally turn the corner and be "that team" that goes from a losing record to the Super Bowl! Lord knows the football gods owe us. Just think about the Miami Dolphins a few seasons ago that went from a 1-15 team to a playoff team the next year for a little hope. We can do it damnit!!!!

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
Things can still work out. Zac Stacy saved us from utter collapse last year and he's gonna do it again this year. Once everyone knows his name, along with our HIGH OL picks, Givens, Quick and Cook will break out. Defense looks good, not quite great. We just gotta get some big shoulders for Stacy to lean on. Then Bradford can lean on Stacy. Hopefully it's not JUST another rebuilding year like the past decade, or worse.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
The only guy I go all in on would be Mack. Otherwise I am happy just getting depth and role players.

The Rams will have a bunch of young guys to pay coming up and I would prefer that they get signed well before Free Agency. Guys like Quinn and Brockers cannot be allowed to hit the market. Especially Quinn. In a few years they will have both Corners looking to get paid and they will need to resign their kicker and Pro Bowl Punter. The nucleus needs to stay together for the next 3 - 5 years, hopefully longer.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
Looks like we will be the youngest team 3 years in a row....yay

So many holes to fill, they have some money, just wish theyd use it already so we know exactly what holes we can fill.

Alan

Legend
Elmgrovegnome thinking of the future:
Stuff about the future.
There's something about your avatar that looks familiar. upload_2014-3-12_8-1-16.jpeg

Alan

Legend
The butt. Can't think of whose it looks like though. I think the Rams tattoo is throwing me off my game. A movie where someone throws a moon out a school bus window keeps lurking around in the back of my brain.
Nothing for you to worry about. Carry on.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Ah, I pulled it off of Google and X resized it and added the Tattoo at my request. It was an ad for beer or something. I was worried I stole your marketing.

leoram

LA/St Louis/LA fan
The only guy I go all in on would be Mack. Otherwise I am happy just getting depth and role players.

The Rams will have a bunch of young guys to pay coming up and I would prefer that they get signed well before Free Agency. Guys like Quinn and Brockers cannot be allowed to hit the market. Especially Quinn. In a few years they will have both Corners looking to get paid and they will need to resign their kicker and Pro Bowl Punter. The nucleus needs to stay together for the next 3 - 5 years, hopefully longer.

This is precisely why Snead can't go crazy in the FA market. Quinn is destined to be in the high teens and we will need the cap room for the other young guys coming up. I see the plan more like the Packers who draft, develop, and RETAIN their talent.

fearsomefour

Legend
Of course the Rams spent many of those terrible years pushed right up against the cap. You have to spend money in a smart way.
The Rams are really looking at things from a value on investment mindset I think. Moneyball for football I guess. Byrd would have been nice but $9M for a S?....Id rather pay $8 for a lineman.
The Rams made a fair offer for Saffold. He went somewhere else. Fair enough. They wanted to keep him and it creates a hole for sure.
I'm not in panic mode because I do not think any one of these FA signings were taking the Rams from 7 wins to 10. That is going to come down to overall improvement from the whole roster and coaches.
Every year the top paid guys in FA grab headlines, of course, about half don't live up to it. Also every year there are some vet or second tier guys that exceed their contracts and really contribute to teams.

bluecoconuts

Legend
We have more holes than we started now, and when training camp opens we'll have no holes. Just how these things go.

69superbowl

Rookie
Kroenke ordered this so the Super Bowl odds skyrocket to 1999 levels of 200-1. The three year plan is to win with 3 offensive lineman and 6 wideouts. One step drop and fire. The Rams have been planning this since Fisher said "I do." I'm in.

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
Even if the draft breaks exactly how the Rams want. They get someone like Watkins who starts at guard, add another guard in round 2-4, draft a DB at #13, draft a FS in rounds 2-3, Ray-Ray is ready to step-up, we will still be counting on basically, 2 rookies on the O-line, a rookie DB, a rookie FS, a 2nd year player at OLB, and hoping that our LT and QB come back and don't get hurt. If all of those things breaks the Rams way then at least we will fill those positions.

No! I want Robinson to be our #1 WR! ;)

RamzFanz

Damnit
Things aren't breaking the Rams' way. They aren't getting lucky. But they are being smart. Not the time to panic.

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
Things aren't breaking the Rams' way. They aren't getting lucky. But they are being smart. Not the time to panic.
I'm not sure how much of a factor "luck" is in free agency. You either pay or you don't. Or in the case of this year so far, you either massively overpay or you don't.

I suppose luck could come into it if there were any FA's who flat out didn't want to even consider an offer from the Rams. But I don't know if that's the case.

RamzFanz

Damnit
I'm not sure how much of a factor "luck" is in free agency. You either pay or you don't. Or in the case of this year so far, you either massively overpay or you don't.

I suppose luck could come into it if there were any FA's who flat out didn't want to even consider an offer from the Rams. But I don't know if that's the case.

Lucky would have been Saffold wanting to stay in STL enough to take a lower contract for example. It happens.