My offseason Rams concerns have now been reduced to just 3…

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
... everyone knows how I feel about Kendrick, but I promised at @OldSchool I would temper my pessimism on the Georgia product.

Wish you had not done that ... now @OldSchool has his eyes on you ... be careful.

deniro-robert.gif

Tano

Legend
My whole stance on Kendricks and all kids on their rookie deal where we all say it takes about 3 years to judge a draft. But a lot of people around here will say that and then turn around and give up on a guy after his rookie season. Just doesn't jive to me.
I normally don't give up on Rookies after one year - it's just Kendricks speed or lack of it that really concerns me with him.

As I stated above and another person agreed, I think he is better suited as a Hybrid Safety/LB. I don't want him on the outside.

But to also add, with Morris defensive style - Kendrick may be okay playing outside since he will be playing 7 - 10 yards off the receiver most plays which frustrates me no end with Morris but this year might be the year to play that way. Last year I felt that Ramsey should have lined up closer than 5 yards and have Kendrick play off on the other guy. That way, we could have tended to have players drift to that side if QBs always threw the short pass like Murray McCoy Rush and Dalton did in those games. I bet we could have picked off a pass or two if we had played that way.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
I normally don't give up on Rookies after one year - it's just Kendricks speed or lack of it that really concerns me with him.

As I stated above and another person agreed, I think he is better suited as a Hybrid Safety/LB. I don't want him on the outside.

But to also add, with Morris defensive style - Kendrick may be okay playing outside since he will be playing 7 - 10 yards off the receiver most plays which frustrates me no end with Morris but this year might be the year to play that way. Last year I felt that Ramsey should have lined up closer than 5 yards and have Kendrick play off on the other guy. That way, we could have tended to have players drift to that side if QBs always threw the short pass like Murray McCoy Rush and Dalton did in those games. I bet we could have picked off a pass or two if we had played that way.
I feel the same way, but I want to see training camp, scrimmages & preseason with hope the Rams will make a fair evaluation. I felt they did not do that with Bobby Evans, because of the draft status of Evans and that he had playing time during the regular season was the reason he made the team plus received opportunities, IMO, that was the wrong approach, hopefully, they will do a fair assessment and select the player deserving of an opportunity and the best comment they can make is not, he has played quite a bit for us in past even though he sucked.

Last edited:

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Now keep in mind I don't care one way or another about DK other than he's a Rams player and I want all of them on the 53 man roster to be the best. But you don't need great speed to be a good corner and every corner doesn't need to be a #1 shut down type guy. And because DK or any other CB doesn't have 4.3 speed or some such doesn't mean they can't be good.

He showed multiple times he had the short area quickness, which I'll take every day of the year over a 40 time but that's just me, to close a gap and bat a ball away. He showed some promise in run support and showed to be a willing tackler. He's showed enough to be coached and most importantly the coaches speak very very highly of him as does new Asst DB coach Donte Deayon.

My whole thing again is the question is it right/fair/smart to give up on a guy after his rookie season? Because if we do give up on them that fast we've had a whole lotta busts who turned out to be pretty good after a couple years. He may bust out but give him a chance maybe?

And he's way too small for a hybrid LB/S role IMO at 195 lbs and he's not the best tackler. I don't even see him ever playing safety let alone that hybrid role.

hotanez

NRA Member for Life
IMO they are going to play a lot of alignments with just one ILB. With Jones, Copeland, and Rozeboom behind him, that position isn't a major concern.
When did Marquise Copeland become a ILB?