My off season predictions

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Cory

UDFA
Cut: Dahl and Wells.
Restructure: Cortland.
Re-sign: Saffold.
Key free agent pick up: Jairus Byrd
Draft: #2 pick. Trade down with the Browns.(wishful thinking) for their 4, 26, and a 3rd rounder next year.
4th pick...Jake Matthews.
13th pick...Mike Evans.
26th pick...Cyril Richardson.

Draft was tough so I decided to just stick with my original selections. I kind of fiddled with maybe taking Justin Gilbert at 13 or the corner from Michigan State at 26. Intrigued by Watkins as well but I think we can all agree that our offensive line is in need of a drastic upgrade.

Alan

Legend
I don't think you can restructure Courtland with a low enough salary to make it worth it.:cheese:

RFIP

Draft: #2 pick. Trade down with the Browns.(wishful thinking) for their 4, 26, and a 3rd rounder next year.
13th pick...Mike Evans.

Draft was tough so I decided to just stick with my original selections. I kind of fiddled with maybe taking Justin Gilbert at 13 or the corner from Michigan State at 26. Intrigued by Watkins as well but I think we can all agree that our offensive line is in need of a drastic upgrade.

I REALLY like your plan. Mine would be slightly altered as I'd trade to #6 with Atlanta so they can get Clowney and they are used to such deals (see J Jones), plus you'd pick up better compensation from 6 to 2 (than 4 to 2).

At 6 take Watkins and at 13 take your OT in Robinson.

duckhunter

Starter
It's early so have a little flexibility but a good start none the less.

I am starting to see OT Robinson's name come up in Rams land as a possible fit with the Rams.

Here's a couple of thoughts/observations. Auburn was unbelievably heavy run offense and seldom, kind of surprise or long distance/down pass. Robinson does dominate in the run and gets out on the edge as quickly as anybody seen in a long time. Auburn afforded him limited opportunities in pass pro. If I remember correctly though, it showed in their game against MU, where Ealy got Robinson for two sacks and a holding flag in the first half. My point is his pass pro may not be as polished as we might like but doesn't mean with his feet he can't do it.

Like with most things I post, put that in your useless duck information folder.

RFIP

Thanks for the thoughts on Robinson duck, and in the months ahead all these guys will be striped to their collective cores and run over the fire as well. In the end we shall see who stands up as the best option for us at OT.

duckhunter

Starter
Your welcome because I and others have had the same thoughts and then after reviewing the tape and having to assimilate that information we end up doing the dreaded projection of what he will be with pro coaching. There's the killer.

At least, we have a deeper, quality list of OLinemen to look at this year as opposed to last year, IMO. Last year got thin real quick. I was jamming square pegs into round holes.

…..

Legend
I REALLY like your plan. Mine would be slightly altered as I'd trade to #6 with Atlanta so they can get Clowney and they are used to such deals (see J Jones), plus you'd pick up better compensation from 6 to 2 (than 4 to 2).

At 6 take Watkins and at 13 take your OT in Robinson.

One problem....Les Snead is the one who made the J Jones deal.

That said, Atlanta is a likely trading partner because of their need for pass rushing and because of their relationship with Snead. It just depends what kind of package they bring to the table.

RFIP

Its all shaking out nicely...Atlanta @ 6 with the need for Clowney, good working relationship with them and 6 is the perfect spot to draft Watkins.

You have to love it when a plan comes together.

iced

i have my doubts about matthews. Fisher has never taken an o-lineman in the first round in 19 years as a head coach...

maybe he finally bucks the trend? but i doubt it

Cory

UDFA
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Its all shaking out nicely...Atlanta @ 6 with the need for Clowney, good working relationship with them and 6 is the perfect spot to draft Watkins.

You have to love it when a plan comes together.
Do you think Watkins would be available at 6? I see some mocks that have him going to the Browns at 4. I do not understand that pick for them though.

Name
JP
13th pick...Mike Evans.

I like it, although I would prefer we get Watkins!