My new whip! Had to represent.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Had to get this color so that I could represent every day.

The wife was also very cool. When we had our white car, I gave her a seafoam green steering wheel cover that was this color and fabric (microfiber)

serveimage

well, the wife saw the color (darker than we initially ordered, but we both liked it better) and said to the salesman "you can keep it. The blue with that green? Nope. There's no way we can have Seahawks colors. Husband won't have it."

She hates football. Will actively leave the room if I even have a show on about football. But... she knows. Rams for life. So, yeah, she's awesome!

As is the new whip. Man am I loving this car. Looks like a million bucks AND gets over 40mpg legit. Also, my 6'6" son can sit fully up in the back and with the front seat all the way back, his knees don't touch the chair in front. It's HUGE inside.

5l5QcBK.jpg

qnBz3Yc.jpg

Edit: It's the 2018 Honda Accord Hybrid Touring.

Last edited:

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
I drove Accords for 12 years straight. 3 year leases and actually drove 5 of them. All loaded, and they were all fantastic cars. I'm hard on a car it's just how I drive, and the Hondas took it like nothing.

I'm a big fan for sure.

Mackeyser

Name
Mack
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
We baby them, but we put a ton of miles on them.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Had to get this color so that I could represent every day.
Thought you were gonna post some WOW themed weapon.
Someone made a Runescape Abyssal Whip that looks pretty beast.
Made from the spine of an Abyssal Demon, of course.

nldjg7b5k1z01.jpg

Mackeyser

Name
Mack
That’s a great idea, but alas this was far more pedestrian...er...passenger...whatever...

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I have been a Subaru guy since 1999. My wife and I had a bad accident in 2007. The car was totaled. From the outside it looked like nobody could survive. The inside of the car was barely touched. Other than some shattered glass. That reinforced our trust in Subaru even more.

Mackeyser

Name
Mack
Yeah, if I had to get something besides a Honda, it'd be a Subaru.

When my eldest son was 8.5 months old, we were in a really bad car accident. It was April 10th, 1993 and we had a 1988 Honda Civic Hatchback...striped. No radio, no A/C, stick shift. We used to belt in a boombox in the back seat to have music. Luckily for us, it was the first econobox to have a monocoque body construction aka unibody construction.

Anyway, we were broke, but still found a way to pay for the top of the line Graco car seat, the first one ever with side headguards.

Well, we were on a rain-slicked highway in Allentown, PA when traffic stopped suddenly and the wife was barely able to stop and miss the car in front of us. The guy behind us was looking at his radio dial and didn't see any of it. He was driving this massive Oldsmobile or Pontiac and hit us going what the officer estimated was 55mph. He didn't really get to hit is brakes before hitting us.

Now, if you can imagine a car-seat in a hatchback... my son's head was less than 36" from the point of impact. And between the car and the car seat, he lived. He had a fractured skull and was paralyzed on his left side for 7 days. Many don't believe in miracles, but I DO. I sat with him in my arms in the ICU at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia where they'd airlifted him to and prayed for healing because the next day they were going to insert a nasal feeding tube. I was so scared. I prayed maybe the hardest in my life... a few moments I picked my head up and the left side of his lips started moving! I screamed for the nurse who when she saw my son's face, immediately scrambled and handed me a bottle and he drank 4 ounces in what seemed like one gulp.

There are moments as a grown man that I've openly wept and I'm not at all embarrassed to admit it and this was one of those times.

He's fine. He's 25 and a blue belt in RMNU BJJ and maybe the most courageous person I've ever known. He's also high functioning autistic which almost certainly wasn't a function of the accident.

So the car... well, if that Honda hadn't utilized unibody construction, my son wouldn't be alive today. When I went to get our stuff out of the car (both me and my son were pried out of the car with the jaws of life and transported by ambulance, my wife staying with my son), the car was folded... the entire roof was bent, pitched upwards, meaning the car absorbed the impact all the way to the A pillars. From an engineering standpoint, those Honda engineers really got it right.

And... that's why in the last 3 years, our family has purchased 5 Hondas.

But if Honda ever did anything to ruin that (sorta like Toyota did a few years back really screwing millions of customers and seriously putting them all in danger), then I'd almost certainly go to Subaru.

I'm cheap which means I want value, value, value. Doesn't matter how much a car costs, per se, it matters what the TCO is... and both Hondas and Subarus have ridiculously low TCOs compared to other brands.