My idea of what Rams should do in the offseason

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Guarantee Philly takes SVPG before we do. Kelce just retired, they love building the O-line with high picks, they love SEC players, and they have two seconds to play with.

I'm not very high on Kool-Aid either. If we do take a cornerback in the first round, Quinyon Mitchell (Toledo) would be my choice, but even then, I'd prefer to trade down to accumulate more picks.

With our second-round pick, I'd suggest Kris Abrams-Draine out of Mizzou. He's a ballhawker, slightly undersized, but physical, competitive, and a great cover corner.
They just drafted Cam Kurgens in the 2nd in 2022.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
FWIW on Dotson and the silly idea that he'd sign a 4 year 28 mill deal.
Mind you its Sportrac and by no means is accurate however it wont be off that much:
1706632316663.png

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Yeah Rams would ink his ass right now if he was willing to sign for $12M per. As it is I think they will also get it done if he's willing to talk shop at $16M.

RamDino

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
It sucks but the Rans are at a disadvantage when it comes to a new contract for Dotdon. If, for example, he commands 30 million guaranteed in his next contract, I believe he could save around 3-4 million Just by going to a state with less income taxes. I'm sure Dotson and his agent will use that against the Rams. I would love to see him come back but I just don't think it's gonna happen. Hope I'm wrong.

Billy Baroo

How about a Fresca?
Waaay low on $ for Dotson, Wentz, Robinson and Witherspoon. The offer to QB2 and the LS is the same?

VegasRam

Give your dog a hug.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Doug
It really does. Great player and locker room guy, but will be expensive.
Really solidified our line this year.
Bottom line, I'd rather have more money invested in the line than skill players.

Like integrity - if you have it nothing else matters: if you don't have it, nothing else matters.
Protect Stafford and he'll deliver - aka the "soul stealer".

Spider2YB

Pro Bowler
It really does. Great player and locker room guy, but will be expensive.
Really solidified our line this year.
Bottom line, I'd rather have more money invested in the line than skill players.

Like integrity - if you have it nothing else matters: if you don't have it, nothing else matters.
Protect Stafford and he'll deliver - aka the "soul stealer".
These are my thoughts as well. Look at some of the WR talent that put up big numbers with Stafford in Detroit. Kenny Golladay had back to back 1000 yard receiving seasons….hasn’t even had 500 yards since not having Stafford. Improve the trenches first IMO.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
If Wilson is cut I'd be fine with McVay bringing him in to whiteboard him and see if they're compatible. Wouldn't hurt to have him on the depth chart as a QB3. Just wouldn't want to trade any picks for him. Even those late round picks we have needs to fill with them like kicker and returner types, RB maybe even a rotational DL.

oldnotdead

Legend
It looks like if anyone is going to hire Staley it will be the Rams. That said I think Pleasant is the #2 option. This will give McVay the "continuity" he desires. Why #2? If he was #1 they would have promoted him by now.

I don't see the Rams short-changing Shelton. They gave him a "prove it" contract and he did. They will honor it by giving him Brian Allen type money. Shelton knows how close this team is to contending. Why move elsewhere and start all over again? The Rams I have to believe are tired of the OL carousel they have been on for years and finally have a decent starting center. They have McAllister as their backup next year.

Again, IMO the only decisions they need to make are at RG (how much to pay) and Havenstein (is he worth $14.7M for one year)? If there will be changes IMO it will be on the right side. IMO the Lions game once again exposed Havenstein's well-known weakness (speed and strength from a wide 9 edge). They also must factor in what to do at LT in 2025 as IMO it's not a given they will be willing to pay Jackson the kind of money he's going to expect.

QB1 will be determined in the first round and would mean they would have to trade up to get a targeted player. Will that targeted player or players drop and can they find a trade partner? CB is their next concern. I can see them offering Witherspoon a one year deal as a bridge but they likely would be outbid as Witherspoon looked to have had a career year.

What is amusing is that back in September I said this would be a season dependent upon the quality of the coaches. Everyone was panning the team but now look at how the league is once again stripping the coaching cupboard bare. All the more reason to factor in continuity when hiring a DC. I'd be surprised if Staley or Pleasant wasn't confirmed as the DC this week.

RB, WR and OT have to be high on their draft wish list as well. But their young core players are in place and now experienced. This coming season is looking like they can be legit contenders.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
That's a lot of things to think about.

I want a a better pass rusher and either a fast LB or safety in free agency if possible. I have no idea about the draft. I expect a lot of roster turnover. I would like to keep the offensive line together.

Agree on FAST LBer ! When Queen came out I was hoping he would fall.Johnathan Taylor fell.

I circle players & slots for The Rams.

T. Arnold BAMA-

then Trevin Wallace OLB w/speed. -Kentucky

Then yes - find a pass rusher in free Agency.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I don't see the Rams short-changing Shelton. They gave him a "prove it" contract and he did. They will honor it by giving him Brian Allen type money.
Entirely possible. Could see that one going either way and it might come down to Shelton's demands. Either way I think the bigger question here is whether they can lock down that RG job. If they can ink Dotson they have a ton of room for error at center. And they have the picks they need in that third round range to go get one if they need to.

Obviously the more holes they can prevent or fill prior to the draft the better. So I'd stop short of saying I'm sure they'll draft a center. But I think a window to draft a center is right now if they get Dotson signed. Because at that point they have strong OGs to protect him (many require some time to beef up) and they have a QB who can help train him on pre-snap reads. Once again look up Ragnow's comments on Stafford in his own formative period. And lastly because if we do flip to a young QB in say 2025 or 2026 then the pivot will be in place and trained up to help him out with those reads.