My First Rams Prediction for 2020!

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

SeminoleRam

Pro Bowler
Name
PaceRam
And, Yes! There WILL be a 2020 NFL Season!!

My First Prediction is that the RAMS WILL
MAKE THE PLAYOFFS!!!

Too many Experts are Counting out the Rams
Way Too Early!!!

Reddog99

Pro Bowler
I predict the Rams go back to scoring 30+ ppg and win the division. The Offense becomes difficult to defend again while the defense is in the top half of the league.

SeminoleRam

Pro Bowler
Name
PaceRam
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I predict the Rams go back to scoring 30+ ppg and win the division. The Offense becomes difficult to defend again while the defense is in the top half of the league.

Sounds like the return of the 2018 RAMS!!!

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'm confident that we're the best team in the division.

The Niners had that destiny feel combined with a front-loaded weak schedule which helped them get the ball rolling. I think their only win against a decent team in the first 9 weeks or so came against us, and if you think about that game: Henderson dropped that pitch which led to their 2nd TD. Littleton dropped a pick 6 that hit him directly in the stomach - those are the types of plays that the talking heads said would go against us last year (and went in our favor the year before) - in that sense they were correct - but in a 20-7 game, those two plays pretty much made up the difference in the game.

The 2nd game against them I'm pretty sure we would have won had JJ not gotten hurt, since Rapp blew that coverage - and if we win those two games, we win the NFC West at 11-5.

Ifs and buts and all that - but I use this type of stuff to project forward. Point is that while the Niners finished 4 games better than us and made the Super Bowl while we missed the playoffs, the perceived gap between us and them coming into last year was MUCH larger than the perceived gap between them and us now - even for the talking heads. That should tell them not to write us off, but they seem to make the same stupid mistakes every year - assuming the same teams will be good.

bluecoconuts

Legend
NFC West Champs. Wins over the Cardinals (2), Seahawks (2) 49ers (2, but we blow them out both games by so many points analysts are calling for the NFL to award us an additional win over them for a total of 3), Bills, Cowboys (big win, revenge), Giants, Patriots (big win, revenge), Jets, Dolphins, Bears, Eagles, Bucs (big win, more revenge), and Redskins (more revenge)..

That's right, it's the 2020 LA Rams Revenge tour. Revenge against everybody. Rams are going to come out and stomp teams on Sunday.

For those keeping score, that's right, I have 16 wins. I don't see a single unwinnable game on that schedule, not a single one, and there's plenty of motivation to stomp their asses into the ground about every other week, so these guys should be hungry and angry. Follow it up with a nice post season stomping, and then we can destroy whoever the AFC throws at us in the Super Bowl. Hopefully the Ravens for that sweet sweet sweet revenge.

PressureD41

Les Snead's Draft Advisor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Eddy
Goff passes for 5,110 yards 41 TDs, 12 ints 2 rushing TDs

Akers Rushes for 1220 yards 11 TDs & 500 rec y & 3 rec tds
Henderson for 700y 5 tds, & 275 rec t & 2 rec tds
Brown for 175y 1 td

Woods 1009 yards & 7 tds
kupp 1200 yards & 11 tds
Reynolds 800 7ards & 5 tds
Jefferson 300 yards & 3 tds

Higbee 950 yards & 5 tds
Everett 500 yards & 4 tds
Hopkins 150 yards & 1 tds

League MVP: Goff
O Rookie: Akers
DPY: AD99

Off Rushing rank top 5
Off Passing rank #1
Def rank top 10
Def vs. Rush: top 8
Def vs. Pass top 3

Team Record: 12-4

But win the Mother freakin' Super Bowl stomping KC 35-12

SeminoleRam

Pro Bowler
Name
PaceRam
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Brown for 175y 1 td

Woods 1009 yards & 7 tds
kupp 1200 yards & 11 tds

Higbee 950 yards & 5 tds

Off Rushing rank top 5
Off Passing rank #1
Def rank top 10
Def vs. Pass top 3

Rams 55
Chiefs 54

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Can't go there. I do think a wildcard is possible though if the OL get it done.

Well hopefully we're not talking Seahawks or Cardinals - Seahawks weren't even better than us last year, just luckier.

Where are the Niners better?

QB - push - and that's only because Goff had a down year last year
Running game - Niners
OL - Niners
WR - Rams
TE - Niners

DL - Rams - now that Buckner is gone and we have AD
LB - Niners
CB - Rams
S - Rams

That puts us around 4/4 and then the QBs - making it a push - BUT - I'm respecting the Niners running game, when the reality is, our RBs are probably better from an individual talent standpoint. Also giving them the OL edge, but we had a great OL in 2018 and then last year happened.

It's close but I trust that Goff is actually better than Jimmy so I think we're the best team in the division.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Well hopefully we're not talking Seahawks or Cardinals - Seahawks weren't even better than us last year, just luckier.

Where are the Niners better?

QB - push - and that's only because Goff had a down year last year
Running game - Niners
OL - Niners
WR - Rams
TE - Niners

DL - Rams - now that Buckner is gone and we have AD
LB - Niners
CB - Rams
S - Rams

That puts us around 4/4 and then the QBs - making it a push - BUT - I'm respecting the Niners running game, when the reality is, our RBs are probably better from an individual talent standpoint. Also giving them the OL edge, but we had a great OL in 2018 and then last year happened.

It's close but I trust that Goff is actually better than Jimmy so I think we're the best team in the division.
Rams are better at QB. The remainder of the offensive positions are either close (WR for example we need to wait and see, Rams were upgraded but by how much) or the 9ers are clearly better (OL & TE). Our offensive line eradicated any advantage we had at QB last season, so whether that changes again we need to wait and see. But I would note here that they're not far better at their positions outside of OL than we are which is important.

Defensively the 9ers are better up front. Their decision to move Bucker IMO may have been brilliant, it allowed for them to replace him with Kinlaw but more importantly hold on to Armstead who was their best DL last year. We don't have anyone near the quality of Bosa on the edge and he's gonna be even better this year. Only reason we are in the conversation in fact is Donald. They have a clear edge on us on the DL overall.

I think we are potentially better at S, in fact we might have the best group in the NFL depending on how quick these young guys settle in with the packages. But the 9ers are solid in the secondary and Jimmy Ward is a badass so it's not like there's a big gap if there is one. Honestly the weakest group on their defense is their ILBs which is a common theme for a lot of teams, but ours is even worse unfortunately. We are better at CB1, they're better at CB2 so I'd say that is the one position we are certainly better than them talent-wise. Maybe it's safe to say we have a more talented secondary, yeah I think we could say that but theirs is magnified by fantastic DL play.

The OL is really the big difference between the teams. It was the difference last year and the Rams didn't change anything so we'll see if we can close the gap through growth and guys settling in. Not gonna get all into that for the millionth time and I hate to sound like a broken record but everything is going to come down to the OL.

And for those who think I'm being negative here I'm actually pretty fucking happy with our draft haul outside of the OL concern. So if the OL dice roll works we're going to be competitive and maybe our advantage at QB (IMO Goff is the most underrated player in the division) will start showing.

sjm1582002

Wanted everywhere but welcome nowhere
I wish I could be so enthusisatic about the up coming season.

My concerns about the OL's unproven ability to protect Goff in obvious passing downs are only outweighed by what I see as a questionable run defense coupled with a less effective pass rush than last year.

Predictions?

Rams will be fortunate to make the playoffs.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Cam Akers will win rookie of the year and Brandon Staley will get interviews for Head Coaching gigs.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Rams may have needed the kick in the ass in 19'. I think McVay only learned how to make the offense more faceted (ie. LETHAL) towards the end of last season. We will miss Gurley, but maybe not as much as some think. The offense we ran towards the end of the year was completely different than most teams had seen from us previously. More like what SM ran in DC. If we can mix elements of that with some of the schemes we ran in 18'? Thats a good thing. It will all depend on the OL and RBs keeping the opposing D's honest.

Defensively I think we will be significantly improved. I like the FA signings personally. Also love the draft picks. We got a LOT bigger in the front 7. I think that pays massive dividends against teams like the whiners. As long as the LB corp is at least avg, this D should be scary.

17-2 and the Rams hoist the Lombardi once again.

GO RAMS!!!

oldnotdead

Legend
When you look at the schedule it's reminiscent of the 2018 schedule in terms of difficulty. IMO the biggest tests will be within the division. But the Niners may have taken a bit of a step back on defense without Buckner. He paired with Bosa and they comprised a very tough challenge for any left side o-line. I don't see their pass rush being as good on that side now. Also, the Rams have improved at RG but they must protect Havenstein who proved last year he can't handle speed. He will need TE help on every play.

I think Seattle is still a good team but I don't see at this point any dramatic improvement. The Cards should be better this year simply due to experience in their respective schemes. But I don't see them as a major challenger yet.

The rest of the schedule is comprised of teams the Rams should beat or at least not outclassed by. No way do I see the Pats as being the same team. Dallas is probably going to be better but exactly how much better is unknown.

It's not inconceivable this team goes 16-0 but realistically I can see potential splits with Niners and Hawks and maybe a stumble somewhere along the way. The Eagles are still dangerous if the Rams don't bring their A-game.

16-0 is possible
14-2 is realistic
13-3 is possible but I don't think they will finish worse than this.

14-2 gets them the division.

oldnotdead

Legend
Oh BTW although Trent Williams is a slight upgrade over last year's Staley at LT remember Williams hasn't played in a year. How he will play this year is a question mark. If the Rams get the 49ers early they might be able to take advantage. On the flip side, I expect the Niners to line Bosa up on the offensive right side. No way Havenstein handles him alone. This is why I said they would need to give Rob help the entire game.

dang

Legend

Brown for 175y 1 td

Woods 1009 yards & 7 tds
kupp 1200 yards & 11 tds

Higbee 950 yards & 5 tds

Off Rushing rank top 5
Off Passing rank #1
Def rank top 10
Def vs. Pass top 3

so are the other 5 TDs from Goff to OL?

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams are better at QB. The remainder of the offensive positions are either close (WR for example we need to wait and see, Rams were upgraded but by how much) or the 9ers are clearly better (OL & TE). Our offensive line eradicated any advantage we had at QB last season, so whether that changes again we need to wait and see. But I would note here that they're not far better at their positions outside of OL than we are which is important.

Defensively the 9ers are better up front. Their decision to move Bucker IMO may have been brilliant, it allowed for them to replace him with Kinlaw but more importantly hold on to Armstead who was their best DL last year. We don't have anyone near the quality of Bosa on the edge and he's gonna be even better this year. Only reason we are in the conversation in fact is Donald. They have a clear edge on us on the DL overall.

I think we are potentially better at S, in fact we might have the best group in the NFL depending on how quick these young guys settle in with the packages. But the 9ers are solid in the secondary and Jimmy Ward is a badass so it's not like there's a big gap if there is one. Honestly the weakest group on their defense is their ILBs which is a common theme for a lot of teams, but ours is even worse unfortunately. We are better at CB1, they're better at CB2 so I'd say that is the one position we are certainly better than them talent-wise. Maybe it's safe to say we have a more talented secondary, yeah I think we could say that but theirs is magnified by fantastic DL play.

The OL is really the big difference between the teams. It was the difference last year and the Rams didn't change anything so we'll see if we can close the gap through growth and guys settling in. Not gonna get all into that for the millionth time and I hate to sound like a broken record but everything is going to come down to the OL.

And for those who think I'm being negative here I'm actually pretty fucking happy with our draft haul outside of the OL concern. So if the OL dice roll works we're going to be competitive and maybe our advantage at QB (IMO Goff is the most underrated player in the division) will start showing.

I agree about the OL, but offensive lines are kind of...random.

The Niners had both starting tackles out for several weeks IIRC - how many teams in NFL history have won that many games with both starting tackles out? And even if those tackles stay healthy, the fact is, similar to the Rams, the Niners aren't THAT talented on the OL. They have a few good players and a few bad ones who are schemed up. We saw this fall apart first hand this season.

One year ago today there was a much larger "gap" between the Niners and Rams than today's Rams and Niners - so I'm looking ahead. Because the Niners individual talent on the OL isn't that great, I see some regression coming ala Blythe/Havenstein for us last year at guard and tackle to start the year.

As for the DL, I'm confused - in my opinion, if any DL is more talented than ours, we made a mistake paying Aaron Donald. He's the best player in football - nobody has a better DL than we do.

Scroll down to advanced. Paints a nice picture: Rams/Niners:

Sacks: 50/48
Pressure %: 27.9/28.7
Hurry %: 14.5/14.7
Knockdown %: 6.2/6.9

We can deduce from this that the Niners were in fact better - until you realize that the Rams had an incredible uptick after acquiring Ramsey. Now, the Niners lost their best player on the DL (he's been mentioned as the 2nd best interior defender after AD and just got paid like it) and we lost Fowler, who several Rams fans thought was easily replaceable.