My final pre free mock

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
First things first I'm not going to project free agent signings and/or released players (outside of re-signing Dunbar) and only 1 trade.

1.2 The Rams trade the second overall pick to the Atlanta Falcons for picks 1.6, 2.5 and a 2015 1st round pick.

1.6 Greg Robinson, OL, Auburn. Personally I prefer Robinson to Matthews (51/49), both have the ability to be elite O linemen, but I feel Robinson can more easily play the OG position, which he will if we're extremely lucky be playing for the first 16 games of his career and potentially longer if we re-sign Barksdale in 2015.

1.13 Hasean Clinton-Dix, FS, Alabama. Keeping in the state of Alabama, there's a lot of differing opinions on the number 1 FS in the draft, some preferring Pryor, others Lamarcus Joyner, but for me HaHa is the number one FS in the draft. May be a bit early at 13 and if I could be bothered to project more than the one trade I'd prefer to trade down a few places for a third round pick and pick him up around the 20 mark, but hay ho. HaHa should allow our CBs to play more press man coverage rather than the "cover no one" scheme from last year, and so should have an imessurable improvement on the pass coverage, taking us from what was a very good D over the last 12 games of last season to an elite D.

2.5 Allen Robinson, WR, Penn State. I expect Austin and Bailey to be two of our starting WRs next season regardless of who we draft, the question is who to pair (is that the right word? Triplet maybe?) with them, Robinson will provide the big bodied receiver we currently lack. Robinson has experience of a pro style offence and has the college production to go along with it, coming off the 4th most productive Big Ten season of all time.

2.12 Gabe Jackson, OG, Mississippi State. Having lost Saffold we still need to improve the interior of the O line, Gabe is my highest rated OG remaining, will come in and be a bruiser in the run game, also played in all 52 games since his redshirt freshman year so unlike Saffold no concerns in durability.

KOQBSKRUJKDIZCZ.20131127173106.jpg

3.11 Jaylen Watkins, DB, Florida. People keep on telling me how much we need Watkins, so here he is:fishing: should be able to come in and compete for the number 3 CB spot, also has experience at FS so should be a good utility player for us.

4.10 Shayne Skov, LB, Stanford. Nice depth, can come in possibly be the long term successor to Dunbar.

5.13 Aaron Murray, QB, Georgia. Hopefully never plays a down in his time with the Rams.

6.12 Dri Archer, RB, Kent State. Change of pace back with good receiving ability at this point you're more or less guessing anyway, may as well take one of the best athletes in the draft.

7.11 Colt Lyerla, TE, Oregon. A "Fisher project" type player, good athlete with an awful attitude.

Flipper_336

Starter
Name
Carl
Love HCD at thirteen. Prefer Matthews to Robinson at six, but it's all good.

After that, I'd go in a totally different direction BUT I can see why you've chosen the players you have.

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
Regarding the Allen Robinson pick, a big bodied non #1... isn't that basically what we have in Quick already?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Regarding the Allen Robinson pick, a big bodied non #1... isn't that basically what we have in Quick already?

Who says he isn't a number 1? And who says you need a number 1, I'd rather have a situation where Austin, Bailey and Robinson top 800 yards each, than one getting 1,300+ and the other two getting 550.

I'm not going to slam Quick, but imo he just isn't good enough.

Boffo97

Name
Dave
Who says he isn't a number 1? And who says you need a number 1, I'd rather have a situation where Austin, Bailey and Robinson top 800 yards each, than one getting 1,300+ and the other two getting 550.

I'm not going to slam Quick, but imo he just isn't good enough.
Given his draft position, he's likely not seen as a #1. He could develop INTO one, but you can't bank on it.

And *I* say we need a number 1. And, as established, I am always, ALWAYS right. :D

Given his draft position, he's likely not seen as a #1. He could develop INTO one, but you can't bank on it.

And *I* say we need a number 1. And, as established, I am always, ALWAYS right. :D

I still don't know what a #1 receiver is, is Alshon Jeffery? How about Josh Gordon? Keenan Allen?

The 10 most productive (per year) receivers over the last 5 years have an average draft position of 44th overall, if anything I'm taking him too early (y).

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
The Colt Lyerla pick (along with Greg Robinson, of course) make this draft for me.

Boffo97

Name
Dave
I still don't know what a #1 receiver is, is Alshon Jeffery? How about Josh Gordon? Keenan Allen?

The 10 most productive (per year) receivers over the last 5 years have an average draft position of 44th overall, if anything I'm taking him too early (y).
Fair enough.

I hope I didn't come off like I was coming down on you. You'd probably laugh your head off at some of my mocks. :)

Fair enough.

I hope I didn't come off like I was coming down on you. You'd probably laugh your head off at some of my mocks. :)

Nah I want criticism, no mock is remotely correct so any feed back is great (y).

Boffo97

Name
Dave
Nah I want criticism, no mock is remotely correct so any feed back is great (y).
Agreed with the no mock correct thing. There used to be a chance of that before rookie slotted salaries, but with them in place, there's too many trade possibilities.

scifiman

If you get 15% correct in the 1st round of a mock you are doing good. Anything basically past the first is pointless.