My Final 53

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

fearsomefour

Legend
I would prefer Williams, Hoecht, and or Banks. Just for the fact their size 6-4 & 6-5, give guys like Wilson & Murray fits.
Copeland had some nice play this preseason.
He had a few times he got flushed out in the run game.
But overall I think he played pretty well.
It’s a close completion between all of them.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
I would keep Lawler over Lewis.
Lewis is still at the point he can’t practice on the team schedule.
Lawler looked more explosive.
I don't think I would.
Lewis' impact when he actually plays is significant. He's not as much a backup as he is a low-rotation difference maker in the best case scenario.
Lawler is a sound player who had a really good first preseason game.

fearsomefour

Legend
I don't think I would.
Lewis' impact when he actually plays is significant. He's not as much a backup as he is a low-rotation difference maker in the best case scenario.
I don’t remember any meaningful contribution from Oko or Lewis last year during the season.
Ekuban had one of the greatest defensive games in Rams history vs KC but outside of that was just sort of there.
Oko and Lewis haven’t shown anything so far....of course either has Lawler.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
I don't think I would.

I think we should keep them both. Lawler was also Morgan Fox' chief competition for a couple years as a 5T DE, both he and Lewis have the size & potential to become dual threats as long as we can keep them healthy. Give Morris all the opportunities available to find a best use scenario for all his defensive players. jmo.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
I don’t remember any meaningful contribution from Oko or Lewis last year during the season.
Ekuban had one of the greatest defensive games in Rams history vs KC but outside of that was just sort of there.
Oko and Lewis haven’t shown anything so far....of course either has Lawler.
Lewis made a few plays. Clean up sacks, mostly. But blew up a run play in the backfield, unless I'm forgetting. He's a physical force.. but he's just hurt too often.
Obo is high-effort, but seems to be highly injured and doesn't have nearly the physical ability or impact as Lewis.

fearsomefour

Legend
Lewis made a few plays. Clean up sacks, mostly. But blew up a run play in the backfield, unless I'm forgetting. He's a physical force.. but he's just hurt too often.
Obo is high-effort, but seems to be highly injured and doesn't have nearly the physical ability or impact as Lewis.
Agreed.

ReekofRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Reek
My 53, 25 offense, and 25 defense, 3 special teams
Offense

QB
Stafford, Wolford, Perkins

RB
Henderson, Michele, Funk
{Easy enough to call someone up the next game due to injury}

WR
Woods, Kupp, D. Jackson, Jefferson, Atwell, and T. Jaskson until Skowronek comes off IR

TE
Higbee, Mundt, Harris, Hopkins.

OL
Whitworth, Andrew’s, Allen, Corbett, Havenstein, Anchrum, Noteboom, Jackson, Merrideth.
(Please don’t tell me about Coleman’s and Evan’s grand experience.)

Defense

DL
Donald, Joseph-Day, Robinson, Gains, Hoecht, Williams

OLB
Floyd, Lawler, Hollins, Garrett, Lewis

ILB
Reeder, Young, Jones, Howard,

CB
Ramsey, DWill, Long, Deayon, Rochell don’t call me Michel

S
Fuller, Rapp, Burgess, Scott, Reed

ST
Gay, Orzech, Bojorquez

Last edited:

dang

Legend
My list......

QB
Stafford
Wolford

RB
Henderson
Michel
Jones
Funk

TE
Higbee
Mundt
Hopkins
Harris

WR
Woods
Kupp
Jackson
Jefferson
Atwell
Koski

OL
Whitworth
Edwards
Allen
Corbett
Havenstein
Noteboom
Shelton
Anchrum
Evans

ST
Orzech
Gay
Bojorquez

DL
Donald
Joseph-Day
Robinson
Gaines
Brown III
Copeland
Williams

OLB
Floyd
Hollins
Lawler
Garrett

ILB
Young
Reeder
Jones
Howard

CB
Ramsey
Williams
Deayon
Long
Rochell

S
Fuller
Burgess
Rapp
Scott
Reed
Pretty spot on but I don’t think the Rams are done. Also:
-I don’t see going with just 4 OLB
-I see Banks ahead of Copeland
-I see Kiser ahead of Howard

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
I don't think I would.
Yeah, plus this is the first time Lawler has been healthy since his rookie yr. So its not like he is Lou Gehrig.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
I don't think I would.
Yeah, plus this is the first time Lawler has been healthy since his rookie yr. So its not like he is Lou Gehrig

hotanez

NRA Member for Life
I noticed a lot of post with players coming off of IR later. Don't these players have to be on the 53 man roster before being put on IR so they can be activated after a few games? If they IR before, they are done for the season correct? I might have it all wrong though.

Florida_Ram

Hall of Fame
You still have to keep guys on the final 53 before Ir'ing them, thus exposing some guys to waivers that you might want to keep. So IR does not affect your final cuts unless you want to stash a guy for next yr only.

I'm quite aware of this @PhillyRam

I was merely pointing out the new IR rules have an impact on the first final 53 cutdowns. I wish it would stay this way for the next 20 years.

I also wish they would make the final 53 a final 58.

And I wish they would make the opening day active rosters 53 not 48.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
I'm quite aware of this @PhillyRam

I was merely pointing out the new IR rules have an impact on the first final 53 cutdowns. I wish it would stay this way for the next 20 years.

I also wish they would make the final 53 a final 58.

And I wish they would make the opening day active rosters 53 not 48.
My point was it doesn't really help in regards to final cuts because you still expose guys that you may want to add to your roster after you IR guys.

Now as you mentioned it helps in regards to maybe going light at some spots until a guy gets healthy or using the PS as temps on a given week.

ReekofRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Reek
My 53, 25 offense, and 25 defense, 3 special teams
Offense

QB
Stafford, Wolford, Perkins

RB
Henderson, Michele, Funk
{Easy enough to call someone up the next game due to injury}

WR
Woods, Kupp, D. Jackson, Jefferson, Atwell, and T. Jaskson until Skowronek comes off IR

TE
Higbee, Mundt, Harris, Hopkins.

OL
Whitworth, Andrew’s, Allen, Corbett, Havenstein, Anchrum, Noteboom, Jackson, Merrideth.
(Please don’t tell me about Coleman’s and Evan’s grand experience.)

Defense

DL
Donald, Joseph-Day, Robinson, Gains, Hoecht, Williams

OLB
Floyd, Lawler, Hollins, Garrett, Lewis

ILB
Reeder, Young, Jones, Howard,

CB
Ramsey, DWill, Long, Deayon, Rochell don’t call me Michel

S
Fuller, Rapp, Burgess, Scott, Reed

ST
Gay, Orzech, Bojorquez
I spaced it. It should be Bobby Brown instead of Hoecht

fearsomefour

Legend
Pretty spot on but I don’t think the Rams are done. Also:
-I don’t see going with just 4 OLB
-I see Banks ahead of Copeland
-I see Kiser ahead of Howard
The Kiser Howard competition is really interesting.
I was heavy with DB and probably have one more OL than they will keep. One of those spots could easily go to another LB.
What sort of moves do you think the Rams might make?

dang

Legend
I was heavy with DB and probably have one more OL than they will keep. One of those spots could easily go to another LB.
I see Rams looking at cuts across the board with special interest on targeted RBs, IOL and Edge.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
You think Bobby Brown can stay healthy? Rough since Camp started.

fearsomefour

Legend
You think Bobby Brown can stay healthy? Rough since Camp started.
No idea.
You can see his potential for sure so he shouldn’t be cut or risked with the PS.
The Rams drafting talented D players who have a hard time staying healthy seems to be a trend.
I see a lot more upside with Brown than with any of the other depth DL.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
No idea.
You can see his potential for sure so he shouldn’t be cut or risked with the PS.
The Rams drafting talented D players who have a hard time staying healthy seems to be a trend.
I see a lot more upside with Brown than with any of the other depth DL.
Last season even Aaron Donald had an injury that greatly affected his performance into the playoffs. A'Shawn Robinson seemed to never catch fire after his early 2020 health issue & now is involved in a rehab event after injuring his knee. I have cause for my concerns on Robinson's high cost & lack of results thus far. The only starter who has remained healthy is SJD & he will be a UFA in 6 months.

Top drafted Rookie DL'er Bobby Brown certainly will be needed in the future to remain healthy. I really like this pick by Snead after using his top selection for an offensive TuTu:weary:.

Last edited: