My fellow Tolkien dorks!

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

IE Rams

Pro Bowler
The Iron Hills Dwarf army has arrived. Armored, mounted and filthy.

TO VICTORY! :cheers:

20190202_100347.jpg

IE Rams

Pro Bowler
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
One of my boys found this one. Love those dwarves. Next season's helmets?

544e6c4f0a63a4b279070b6f0744c933.jpg

XXXIVwin

Hall of Fame
I love the Hobbit but always felt this was more breath taking and heart stopping..

Agreed.

As the series went on, seemed like the fight scenes became more and more overwrought and fantastical.. (i.e., a dwarf doing a double 360 in the air, then a pirouette, then splits 4 arrows in midair, then lands on his feet).

IMHO, the fight scenes are more exciting when they are plausibly realistic. Sure, give me dwarves and elves and giant armored ram-beasts... but have them move in semi-normal ways, ok?

IE Rams

Pro Bowler
To demonstrate the level of my LOTR dorkery:
20190202_205520.jpg

JonRam99

Hall of Fame
Name
Jonathan
Our shortest guy is Natson....but he seems more like an elf.
Beware the necrmancer.
Dude, Natson would be a pretty scrawny elf. Tolkien elves were taller than men, at least the High Elves anyway. Yeah LOL I'm a Tolkien nerd. And yeah the Battle of Five Armies was a little over the top, they took way too much creative license.

fearsomefour

Legend
Dude, Natson would be a pretty scrawny elf. Tolkien elves were taller than men, at least the High Elves anyway. Yeah LOL I'm a Tolkien nerd. And yeah the Battle of Five Armies was a little over the top, they took way too much creative license.
So, not a dwarf and not an elf. Just a small man.
I loved the movies over all but I agree with the battle scene comment.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
So, not a dwarf and not an elf. Just a small man.
I loved the movies over all but I agree with the battle scene comment.

Maybe Natson is a hobbit? And I don't mean that as an insult: hobbits are fucking awesome.

1maGoh

Hall of Fame
A hobbit with an eating disorder....aren't they usually husky?
I can't speak to if his feet and furry though.
The only hobbit that looked husky in LOTR was Sam. The rest of them were rather svelte. In the books they were all similarly fluffy though, I think.

IE Rams

Pro Bowler
All this Tolkien talk is good right now this Super Bowl morning--keeping me from pacing all over the house like a neurotic idiot.

Badfinger

RamStalk Refugee
Name
-
I read Tolkien for the first time when I was about 12, and I reread the entire series every few years. When I saw The Fellowship of the Ring in the theater, the opening scenes of Hobbiton literally brought tears to my eyes; it was EXACTLY how it appeared in my minds eye. Years ago, I told my son the Hobbit from memory, while we were on a long drive. Ya, I'm a Tolkien geek :)