My expectations of the McVay era

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
When we got our new, green HC - I was excited, but I wanted results, I was quite open in saying that unless we get to the SB by the end of year 3 then we're screwed. Last season, although it ended on a flat note, was above expectations, and this year I was hoping to win 1 play off game well you know what that damn McVay has over exceeded my expectations this year, he might as well go the whole hog and win the damn SB just to show me up.

I still think our backup QB position is too shaky :whistle:;)

#GoRams

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
When we got our new, green HC - I was excited, but I wanted results, I was quite open in saying that unless we get to the SB by the end of year 3 then we're screwed. Last season, although it ended on a flat note, was above expectations, and this year I was hoping to win 1 play off game well you know what that damn McVay has over exceeded my expectations this year, he might as well go the whole hog and win the damn SB just to show me up.

#GoRams
"The World will be renamed after McVay if the Rams win" ~Kyle Brandt

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
You gave a 30 year old head coach 3 years to take a moribund franchise that was coming off a 4-12 season, with questions at QB, WR, OL etc to a Superbowl??? THREE YEARS TO MAKE A SUPERBOWL? Those are unrealistic expectations.. .......

..... and you underestimated him.:sneaky:

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
One game at a time, one season at a time. What I like is, it's in McVay's blood and once could surmise, he could be doing this for a very long time. However, many things happen, so one game at a time and one season at a time, but with the market, the palatial venue being built and ESK's money things look good, but let's remember the Atlanta Falcons and a few years ago, having all that too and the Patriots down 28-3 and then it all unraveled quickly and they have not been the same team or Head Coach sense.

Focus on the game play by play and one game at a time and the rest will take care of itself.

Ewe83

Mama's got a new baby boy
I was giving him a few years just to get the mess Fisher left turned around into something respectable again, for him to get us to the playoffs his first year and a Superbowl the second, yeah he's blown my exceptions not just out of the water, out of the atmosphere and I love him for it

Barrison

Hall of Fame
Name
Barry
One game at a time, one season at a time. What I like is, it's in McVay's blood and once could surmise, he could be doing this for a very long time. However, many things happen, so one game at a time and one season at a time, but with the market, the palatial venue being built and ESK's money things look good, but let's remember the Atlanta Falcons and a few years ago, having all that too and the Patriots down 28-3 and then it all unraveled quickly and they have not been the same team or Head Coach sense.

Focus on the game play by play and one game at a time and the rest will take care of itself.
Losing Kyle Shanahan was a blow they still haven't recovered from imo.

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
Now I want him to win the World Series and then the Stanley Cup. :help: :yay: :banana:

rking4441

Rookie
Name
Richard
If the Rams win the SB they should play Circle of Life from the Lion King and raise Goff/McVay up like Simba!!! haha Goff supplanting Brady and McVay Belichick! haha

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
You gave a 30 year old head coach 3 years to take a moribund franchise that was coming off a 4-12 season, with questions at QB, WR, OL etc to a Superbowl??? THREE YEARS TO MAKE A SUPERBOWL? Those are unrealistic expectations.. .......

..... and you underestimated him.:sneaky:

In all fairness, I held those expectations before McVay was named HC. I honestly thought (apart from LT, TE & WR) that we had nucleus of a play off team, our D could hold up to anyone, our STers were one of the best in the league, if not the best.

And I was sick of losing and being mediocre!!

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame

If we're up 28-3 in the SB, must keep feeding CJ the ball, and use Hekker for field position... we all know Belichick fears our punter

SoCalRam78

Pro Bowler
Name
SoCalRam78

#GoRams

Your expectations weren't realistic. I just wanted the Rams to be a real competitive NFL team and Goff to show me something, not for the Rams to be a perpetual door mat. Remember 2016? Getting shutout opening night and losing twice to a 2-14 SF team?

What he and the front office have done in 24 months is literally insane despite the NFL being a year to year league. Rams were as terrible a franchise as there was in the NFL if not all of sports. 4-12, a decade plus run of pure futility, no winning seasons since 2003, no playoffs since 2004. Just completely awful.

And the Rams and McVay have taken heat for questionable moves like trading picks for receivers, signing an old LT and a possession WR from Buffalo. Shows how much the experts know.

Enjoy it. I don't expect to be in the SB every year, but I think this lasts longer than 99 Rams when their coach retired and the offensive coordinator took over and started doing some weird crap.

REV3NGE

Rookie
Name
Adrian
I was just hoping for a .500+ season. 3 years ago I was finding the excitement in losing but being competitive.

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
Your expectations weren't realistic.

I honestly think they were - Fisher had turned the corner for the Rams, he just needed an OC to run that side of the ball, they showed flashes of brilliance sometimes, then lots f dumbass stuff.