My current 30,000 foot view of Ram offseason strategy...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Rams43

Hall of Fame
The Big Picture...

The recent 3 cap cuts were done for 3 reasons.

Reduce cap.
Openings for upgrades at all three positions.
Enable them to sign needed FA's for upgrades on O more than normally in this weaker O draft class.

The first two are obvious. The third, maybe not so much, but I think it's valid. Weak O class plus strong D class. Only 6 picks. Doesn't it make sense to pick up a couple more FA's on O than they normally would? Offseason 101?

Some combo of QB, WR(s), TE, DE, or LB? Not naming names, but there are a few that might provide dramatic upgrades over the play of the departed players.

A FA signing at QB would not surprise me the least bit. Fisher wants (needs) to win now. Vet QB makes that more likely.

Then they could feel more free to exploit strong D talent that fell to them at their various picks. Less need to force an O pick, iow.

I feel fairly certain that I'm right about the above.

While I'm at it, here are a few more predictions about which I'm somewhat less certain...

I see them waiting until 2nd, maybe even 3rd round to draft a QB. Goff and Wentz will be long gone without a dramatic (and costly) trade up. I doubt that S&F are interested in such a costly trade up. And I suspect that they are only lukewarm about Lynch at #15, as are so many "experts".

I foresee 3 new faces in the WR room. Probably 2 FA and 1 pick.

One way or another, Fisher will have a new stud LDE. Emphasis stud. Period.

I see a drafted MLB if one of several fall. Then the Tree to MLB plan goes to the back burner.

Barron will be a Ram this season. Bank it. I believe Fisher and GW consider him a must have. And frankly, he's earned it.

After these predictions, my crystal ball is getting murky.

As you were...

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
One way or another, Fisher will have a new stud LDE. Emphasis stud. Period.

I see a drafted MLB if one of several fall. Then the Tree to MLB plan goes to the back burner.
I really like your thinking on these^ points!!