My confession regarding Matthew Stafford

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Ellard80

Legend
Not picking on jerry here but... there were so many haters this year that wanted to shit on Mcvay and Stafford especially.

Every game we were behind the same group of people whined and cried and gave up- its like have you ever watched a fucking football season in your life? Every game and year are up and down. The amount of weak temperaments that too many people had this year was especially irritating.

But in the end it made the Super Bowl Championship even more great... luckily I don't have the energy to go back and find all these posts especially in the game thread.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I think the opposition to the Stafford deal was a derivative of the fantasy GM’s thinking they evaluate talent better than Snead/McVay. They saw a younger Goff who, with great help from McVay, led the Rams to Super Bowl 53, a loss. They couldn’t separate Stafford from the disfunction of the Lions organiization and his capability to do much more than Jared, resulting in McVay “letting go” so Matthew could make that final gutsy drive to win Super Bowl 56.

Snead gets paid for a reason.

brucebruce

Rookie
Stafford has become my favorite Rams QB ever as well.

I just like "him", Stafford the human, more than Warner..

KW is the man. I'll always appreciate what he did. But what Stafford did is more impressive and I think back to all of the dysfunction in Detroit and how he's handled it vs how Warner (and Brenda) handled it...

Staffords post season run is almost too impressive to fully appreciate it...

He's the Rams best QB in my lifetime.
how did they handle it?

BuffaloRam

Hall of Fame
how did they handle it?
Dark times on the STL Dispatch forum back then. The Warner vs Bulger arguments of 2002 into the whole 2003 season were about at partisan as it gets. And the fuel for a lot of it was Brenda Warner’s comments on how poorly the Rams treated him. Dark times.