My Booger/Media Rant!

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

here in australia espn was running the mnf crew commentary.

so, the whiners had the chance to get the ball back with 1:30 left on the clock in the first half. ratboy refused to take a timeout on the chiefs 4th down punt and his first 2 downs in possession, happy to go in at halftime level with the chiefs. he only goes for it once the chiefs took a timeout, maybe they made him angry. i dunno.

now booger said he didn't like it, it's a wasted possession, blah, blah, blah. what he didn't say was the obvious - ratboy doesn't trust jimmy g to throw exclusively.

earlier in the year when the rams played the ravens on mnf the rams were 3rd and 15 in the first quarter inside their redzone. mcvay calls a run for gurley. standard practice at that stage of the game. booger, the jerk, then says, "this is what they think of their qb". as in they don't trust him to make a play. seriously i couldn't scream out shut the fuck up any louder at the tv. that was a pre planned insight the producer of the show wanted booger to blurt out during the game. booger was just too dumb to say it at the right spot so he said it the first time they didn't pass the ball.

i don't get what the media has against jared goff. i just don't get it. sure he wasn't the best this season but that was a ridiculous statement they wanted booger to slip in there during the game. they've been trying to undermine jared his whole career and i'm sick of it.

sick of it i tell ya.

rant over.

Ramrocket

Hating 49ers and Seahawks from afar
Name
Rod
Couldn’t agree more KF. Booger was an embarrassment as usual. What did little ol’ Australia done to deserve this treatment fro ESPN

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Couldn’t agree more KF. Booger was an embarrassment as usual. What did little ol’ Australia done to deserve this treatment fro ESPN

yeah. why would they think anyone wants to listen to their fucked up crew?

and how many times did they have to mention the whiner's punter was from australia? shut the fuck up you fuckwits.

Zodi

Hall of Fame
I realize it was two seasons ago, but I don't understand how anyone who watched that Vikings game on TNF in week 4 of 2018 can doubt Jared Goff. He showed me everything I needed to know that game. He definitely has room for improvement as far as reading what defenses are giving him and learning when to check down, but dude is only 25 years old; that'll come with experience.

Jimmy G ain't shit. Fourth best QB in this division.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
He's terrible as are a lot of the people in that business. I couldn't listen to the game yesterday until late because I just cannot stand that prick Joe Buck. He's a terrible knock off of his dad and his anti LA bias is undeniable.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
He's terrible as are a lot of the people in that business. I couldn't listen to the game yesterday until late because I just cannot stand that prick Joe Buck. He's a terrible knock off of his dad and his anti LA bias is undeniable.
The best announcer at the SuperBowl was actually on the field.
Chris Myers.

KJD_Ram

Rookie
If I recall, there was a false start on that play and on the replay of the down didn't Goff thread a needle to Reynolds who let it bounce off his hands? No follow up commentary from Booger about what the Rams thought of their QB...I believe I muted the game from there on out...

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
If I recall, there was a false start on that play and on the replay of the down didn't Goff thread a needle to Reynolds who let it bounce off his hands? No follow up commentary from Booger about what the Rams thought of their QB...I believe I muted the game from there on out...

Nah that was later in the game but your sentiment is absolutely correct.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Booger needs to go far away. I'd say Antarctica, but I wouldn't put that horror on the penguins and seals.

Tano

Legend
Booger needs to go far away. I'd say Antarctica, but I wouldn't put that horror on the penguins and seals.
And I wouldn't say the North Pole because of the horror to the Polar Bears

How about outer space. If he scares off Aliens that are intent on taking over this world, all the better.

bluecoconuts

Legend
i don't get what the media has against jared goff. i just don't get it.

It’s actually pretty simple.

First, Fisher and HBO did Goff dirty with Hard Knocks. Fisher has even stated that he regrets letting them keep the sun setting clip and the others that made Goff look to be some clueless kid. Moments where Goff was just having a little fun, like challenging Manion to hit the cross bar they presented as Goff being some idiot. Teams have the ability to cut scenes and stuff from the show, they didn’t do enough to have Goff’s back.

That set the narrative, and media personalities that make a living on giving their hot takes don’t like to admit when they’re wrong. Hard Knocks made it an uphill battle from the get go. Even the draft with the whole secret thing was handled poorly. Allowing it to be a two person race even when the Rams and Goff knew the day of the trade (Goff gave an interview and said he knew when they traded up it was for him) allowed the media to downplay Goff and hype up Wentz. Fisher should have said they knew exactly who they were taking and there was no debate on it. Simple as that.

So long before Goff ever took a snap he was already given the label by the media.

Enter Chris Simms and his big mouth. Chris Simms started the whole “Goff has to be told what to do.” narrative after the Rams and Texans game where Chris heard McVay calling the play over the headset and he mistakenly assumed it was an audible. To make it even worse it was a play where Goff saw the defense, got excited, and hoped that McVay would call the play he wanted, which he did. Normally that’s a sign of a coach and QB on the same page, but since the narrative has been set, they ran with the shitty Simms take. Even with McVay and Goff clarifying what happens, the idea stuck.

The final nail in the coffin is actually Goff himself. Goff doesn’t give a shit, he doesn’t listen to them and he doesn’t get too high or low. Meaning Goff doesn’t give the media what they want, ever. He doesn’t give them a meltdown, he doesn’t give them a rah rah speech, he doesn’t give them “body language” queues, he doesn’t give them anything. They give him a bad question trying to get him to speculate about Gurley, Goff just showers him with praise. Since he doesn’t play their game they continue to just shit on him.

The only way the narrative will change will be consistent high level play.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo

First, Fisher and HBO did Goff dirty with Hard Knocks. Fisher has even stated that he regrets letting them keep the sun setting clip and the others that made Goff look to be some clueless kid. Moments where Goff was just having a little fun, like challenging Manion to hit the cross bar they presented as Goff being some idiot. Teams have the ability to cut scenes and stuff from the show, they didn’t do enough to have Goff’s back.

That set the narrative, and media personalities that make a living on giving their hot takes don’t like to admit when they’re wrong. Hard Knocks made it an uphill battle from the get go. Even the draft with the whole secret thing was handled poorly. Allowing it to be a two person race even when the Rams and Goff knew the day of the trade (Goff gave an interview and said he knew when they traded up it was for him) allowed the media to downplay Goff and hype up Wentz. Fisher should have said they knew exactly who they were taking and there was no debate on it. Simple as that.

So long before Goff ever took a snap he was already given the label by the media.

Enter Chris Simms and his big mouth. Chris Simms started the whole “Goff has to be told what to do.” narrative after the Rams and Texans game where Chris heard McVay calling the play over the headset and he mistakenly assumed it was an audible. To make it even worse it was a play where Goff saw the defense, got excited, and hoped that McVay would call the play he wanted, which he did. Normally that’s a sign of a coach and QB on the same page, but since the narrative has been set, they ran with the shitty Simms take. Even with McVay and Goff clarifying what happens, the idea stuck.

The final nail in the coffin is actually Goff himself. Goff doesn’t give a shit, he doesn’t listen to them and he doesn’t get too high or low. Meaning Goff doesn’t give the media what they want, ever. He doesn’t give them a meltdown, he doesn’t give them a rah rah speech, he doesn’t give them “body language” queues, he doesn’t give them anything. They give him a bad question trying to get him to speculate about Gurley, Goff just showers him with praise. Since he doesn’t play their game they continue to just shit on him.

download (1).jpg

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

that hard knocks show was brutal towards goff. not sure how a lot of the stuff in there got approved. opposing fans everywhere had already made their minds up about goff by the time that shit show was finished with him.

it reinforces my opinion that goff was forced onto fisher, no matter what he claims. the rams had the future in mind and knew fisher wasn't part of it. so he gave them a big fuck you with his handling of goff. and to this day he tells the media he had goff's best interests in mind that season.

i don't think i've ever despised a coach more than i did fisher that season. his ridiculous decision to deactivate jared for the first game of the season was as mean spirited as it gets. he knew exactly what he was doing and the media went to town on goff after that.

bluecoconuts

Legend
that hard knocks show was brutal towards goff. not sure how a lot of the stuff in there got approved. opposing fans everywhere had already made their minds up about goff by the time that shit show was finished with him.

it reinforces my opinion that goff was forced onto fisher, no matter what he claims. the rams had the future in mind and knew fisher wasn't part of it. so he gave them a big fuck you with his handling of goff. and to this day he tells the media he had goff's best interests in mind that season.

i don't think i've ever despised a coach more than i did fisher that season. his ridiculous decision to deactivate jared for the first game of the season was as mean spirited as it gets. he knew exactly what he was doing and the media went to town on goff after that.

I’ve long held the belief Snead wanted Goff and Fisher didn’t. It explains why Fisher was let go and Snead wasn’t. Plus Goff fits the mold of what Snead was trying to build, based off the Falcons where he was a scout.

Tano

Legend

I kept hearing that the sun rises in the west all year after that and to this day they sometimes still make fun of Goff at my office saying shit about him from that show.

I was happy to see the Rams on Hard Knocks but that was not a year for it with Goff being a first year rookie and not accustomed to the NFL press yet.

Giles

Pro Bowler
Name
Giles
And I wouldn't say the North Pole because of the horror to the Polar Bears

How about outer space. If he scares off Aliens that are intent on taking over this world, all the better.
Hopefully they dont think all humans are like him and then decide to kill us all.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend

If Goff does consistently play at a high level, then the media will credit McVay for it. They will never admit they were wrong about Goff being his puppet on a string.